SMARTPHONE

SMARTPHONE
I have gotten by using a flip phone since 2011. is it worth it to get a smartphone. knowing why you know now, is a smartphone worth the expense?

Attached: android-smartphone.jpg (1557x1220, 516K)

If you have the money yes, those little shits can get really expensive

Depends if you want the uses it offers... GPS is great- speak the address, click start, set the phone in the cupholder and it gives turn by turn directions. Of course, mobile web browsing is convenient. Scanning a barcode and comparing prices on the fly is cool. Most newer phones have great cameras, so there's that.

the thought of paying for internet twice makes me sick to my stomach. I feel like the entire thing is a giant rip off.

bump for advice

Buy an iPhone, everything else is shit

Yeah, I have one. I think almost everybody else has one too. There some super cheap ones if you don't want to drop too much money on one.

This is a good place to ask for advice about phones. Keep in mind, you can't use most of the Chinese phones if you live in America.
My personal recommendation is the LG V20. It's reasonably-priced, looks nice, and has a removable battery.

I was told to get an galaxy, why is an iphone better?

If you're having doubts, buy a budget one for $30.

Buy an iPhone. I switched from android to an iPhone SE, and I’m much happier now. Android is alright, but you gotta tinker to get the most out of it

don't listen to this zombie
buy a flagship android device, then switch to Lineage OS once the manufacturer drops support
although that wont be much of a problem because of treble

>great cameras
The iPhone X can't even compete a budget DSLR.

Dont listen to this poorfag, Apple is superior - end of

I like iPhone but that’s mostly because I’ve been using it for so long I’m just use to it.
The down side is that if anything’s wrong with it, Apple won’t talk to you unless you get the insurance.
I had a cheap LG phone for a while, I like their phones too.

The only people I recommend iPhones to are old people or eternal applefags. It's like buying a Mac instead of an actual computer. Don't get one.

see what I mean, OP?

this is the faggot who's "gaming rig" is a 13" 2015 macbook pro, avoid all contact

Smartphones are worth it because you can get them cheap, but don't send more than $250.
It's a waste of money to get anything high-end.

>Poorfag android scum detected

but what things can I do with a smart phone that I don't already do with other items. I have a huge gaming computer, I have a good camera, I know how to read road maps. I just feel like I will have to make up reasons to use one. it just seems like I would be adding something to my life that isn't really necessary, not to mention the expense.

Google Pixel 2 XL is an amazing device. Pretty expensive but worth the expense

WAHHHH I cant afford something so it's shit WAHHHHHHHH
>Your poorfagery disgusts me

fuck, the flip phone version sold me was $160. see what I mean about feeling it is all a rip off

I have a Google Pixel phone. Great camera and it works with Google Project Fi, their WiFi First project. Those were the two main selling points when I wanted to hand my iPhone 5 down to my kid.

Nice bait, but this explains perfectly:
If you have better specialized equipment and don't have to rely on your smartphone to do everything - not to mention do stuff you don't need - then there's no point in wasting money on something that's not cost-effective.
It's basic economics.
In the end the smartphones advantage certainly is its versatility but at the same time you can do most of those things even on SymbianOS devices.
The processing performance of smartphones helps with games mostly.

>not cost-effective.
spoken like a poorfag
stay poor kid

not to mention, if I am to see anything on a smart phone, then I need to wear glasses. seems pointless to use something that makes me have to wear glasses just to see it

op here, I am not a poorfag but I hear the only reason for a iphone is that it has facetime. is there another reason?

Well, you *can* set up your smart phone to be a wireless router for your PC. So then you'd cut your cable to the house. But it's slow, and you'd need an unlimited plan.

You basically have everything right there, because you can’t carry a computer, camera and road maps? I don’t know what you do regularly so I don’t know how more specifically it could help you out. Like do you get a lot of emails you need to respond to? Do you sign up for coupons, then you could take screen shots instead of printing them out. Idk You don’t even use a gps? Those things are like $80 if you needed one.

>uy a flagship android device, then switch to Lineage OS
So you recommend something that needs alteration from the get-go.
Ummmm.... no.

Isn't your greentexting backwards?

no, it's not worth having a device that spies on you 24/7
stick with a dumbphone unless you like willingly being under surveillance

This guy obviously can't read.

I am one of those people that still goes to the bank and pays my bills through the mail. I don't have a lot of emails, don't use coupons and am very good at using a road map. I don't travel much anymore so I don't need to buy multiple maps. the only reason I have come up with for a smart phone is for using apps to enhance my mountain biking. but I already have an odometer. I agree it could make some things easier to do, but I am not sure it is worth the expense.

I too own a flip phone, but I have a smartphone through work.
I can't use the smartphone to its full extent because company policy forbids personal use.
It has its moments. But I've lived 50-some years without a smartphone, and can function fully without one. Yes, there are things that can suck me in, and there are things I miss out on.
But I see phone zombies everywhere, and I don't want to become one of them. It's a consumerism trap. Unless you need one, don't bother.

Attached: PhoneZombie5.webm (270x480, 1.01M)