FILMMAKING GENERAL

Any of you guys ever directed or been part of short films/ features

Share your experiences and creations here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=78jMP1YTFjo&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=DZ0deGTrBlY
youtu.be/EUtc3SAtiLE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No one?

I've been in a major feature film. AMA.

I wanted to make a short film for a contest Cinemark made here (Chile) for this year's halloween.
The short film was based on The Cramps' song Sunglasses After Dark.
But I never made it

what kind of video gear do you have?

I made a movie named Penis Boy once.

I finished work on my film Birdbrain around this time last year

Feels good men!

youtube.com/watch?v=78jMP1YTFjo&t=1s
my latest short film, so far got into 1 festival

none, I just have a camera, I planned to get some light with someone else's cellphone flashlight, and just improvise techniques.
It's a distant dream :(

I make short films
I just finished one
Here's hoping it does at all well

Also, I got my first paid videography gig the other week
So I can call myself a professional videographer now. Baby steps

It impresses me that you're always in these threads
If I didn't post anonymously, I feel like we could be friends by now

why did you make this gay nonsense

no offense, but this isn't a short film. it's a music video.

i wanted to

Yes. Lost passion tho.

Now I'm a NEETxLife.

Ever since I became an """""""""""""""actor""""""""""""""" I literally cannot watch a movie, TV show, or play and simply enjoy it for the sake of it.

I literally cannot stop analyzing the choreography, writing, lighting, blocking, acting, and composition.

Does anybody else have this problem? How do I enjoy movies again?

Just finished working on this

copy/paste it in your facebook

i/NouvelleNouvelleNouvelleVague/videos/1810174545926863/

I like it, but its really just artsy bullshit. A bunch of really cool shots, but they dont form anything together. Its not really a film but more like a collection of scenes.

Maybe do something with an actual plot with the same effort put into the cinematography? If you havent already.

well what i wanted to do was something like dust till dawn but in way smaller scale, in a sense that the movie changes the tone midway with no warning, and one of my favorites short films ever is this thing youtube.com/watch?v=DZ0deGTrBlY , and i had two beautiful people for use. so i kinda mixed all of it together and this is what i got

>and i had two beautiful people for use. so i kinda mixed all of it together and this is what i got

No, what you did was shoot a bunch of random shit without direction, and slapped it all together in editing with a soundtrack.

Get better at your analysis
You'll find you actually appreciate films more and, more importantly, understand why shit films are shit and why they're actually often pretty well made

well thats not really what happenned but okay

it was storyboarded before hand and the soundtrack was made from scratch

that's still filmmaking. what have you directed?

Next time I think you should write a proper script for it and probably make it at least 10 minutes long.
The problem is that its such a clusterfuck for anyone who didnt make it so you should probably just create more exposition.

You can still do something that looks like what you made but with more of a direction in a way.

As a game dev I can't play any current games, not because of over analyzing them but because I see them as competition reminding me of things they have done better then me. So to turn off my brain from business mode to relaxation mode I have to play shit 10+ years old.

david mamet said that if you can make a movie that works without dialogue, you should make it that way, adding dialogue just makes the movie slightly worse or slightly better depending on the quality of the it. i believe that.

Oh I definitely didnt say that it needed dialogue. You can show whats going on without words no question. Just make it not a string of shots only held together by the fact that its the same people in all of them.

well i thought that it was very minimalistic and it definitely shouldnt be a problem to understand it, which part was confusing to you?

Who is this slithering slut?

I made this low/no budget 80s film
youtu.be/EUtc3SAtiLE

I just recently worked on a TV pilot in Atlanta. If/when it gets picked up I'd get hired back on and move down there for good. Supposedly it's a shoe-in for getting picked up and I'm super excited but I know I shouldn't be getting my hopes up. Was fun to make tho

Hey, here's a question - what kind of camera is it that Mystery Man is holding in that scene? Is it an invented prop, or is it a real model?

I've been googling on and off for like 20 minutes but I can't find what model it is. Sorry famalam

it looks like a security camera with an eyepiece.

and by that I guess I meant 10 minutes. Whatever I tried

now that I think about it it doesn't even look like an eyepiece. It just looks like he's covering his eye with a security camera arm