Who was the Thing at the ending?

Who was the Thing at the ending?

I just tell myself it doesn't matter and that they both died in the end, foreshadowing of mac playing the chess game with the computer - losing then pouring the whiskey into it as a "fuck you" or stalemate

But my second theory is more interesting because it plays into the movies main theme of paranoia, you'd think childs is infected as he was gone then the smirk on macs face as if he caught him - but then you wonder if mac was the Thing all along, and if for how long.

In b4 that retard with his "Childs was the thing becuz breath and gasoline" fan theory.

Childs was infected

Don't forget the 'different coat' bullshit! He loves to go on about how Childs' coat 'changed color'...

THE THING IS US!! THE AUDIENCE WAS THE THING THE ENTIRE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o fug :DDDDD

In the video game, which is confirmed canon, Childs dies of hypothermia shortly after the movie and MacReady finds a helicopter and saves the protagonist from the Thing at the end of the game.

John Carpenter said it was a good ending to the story except for the fact that the Thing becomes a Dead Space 3 level monster at the end.

i want a bad end

Based Carpenter pulled one over on us all.
The only reason we're still here as individuals is that we haven't figured out that we've 'thinged' the entire earth yet...He tried to warn us again with 'They Live'.

>Who was the Thing at the ending?

John Carpenter said you could tell who was the Thing from their eyes. Humans had normal, wet-looking eyes, but someone taken over by The Thing had dull, matte eyes.

That ain't confirmed canon - stop lying your lies, liar.
Carpenter himself has clearly stated, repeatedly, that there is no solution to this question - it is a deliberate enigma meant to spur thought and unease after the film's conclusion.

LIES!
Jed's eyes are not dull at all.

Childs because you should never relax around blacks

>which is confirmed canon

No, Carpenter just said he liked it, not that it was canon.

>mac playing the chess
>mac
>chess
>cheese
>mac & cheese

Illuminati involvement confirmed?

i don't get your first point

Uh huh. So Macready just happened to find a helictoper and survived all by himself in the Arctic with no base or supplies. Are you even paying attention?

Macready was the Thing and was using the helicopter to make it to the mainland.

nigger drank gasoline

They're in the Ant-arctic, Mac.

Well you can go Ant-fuck yourself, my point stands.

cute doggo

It's ambiguous and there's no answer. That's the answer. Anything else past that is speculation.

There's also no one person with the answer. The writer writes the script, but the director interprets that to his own ends.

I thought that the Thing was dead based on the fact that it didn't act as it was previously established.
So it was just two guys living in paranoia of each other, slowly dying despite having found a solution.

idunno XD

Best actor to come out of the 80's

You've got to be fucking kidding.

An even darker twist - nice!