I'm atheist.Try your hardest to prove me your god exists

I'm atheist.Try your hardest to prove me your god exists.

Attached: 1452259610501.jpg (257x300, 17K)

Attached: 14962925021063456.gif (200x136, 589K)

my wife is dead and im being tortured by a semen demon. what do Sup Forums? Call the police? :DDD

I'm a panpsychist, I think the universe is God. Do I really need to prove the universe exists?

god for me is a collective idea that ppl for thousands of years flocked under to be a part of a group: security in group
but if you ask me if he is real i would say its like proving black matters existance there are some proof and there are also contradicting things with it but at the end of the day its what you believe in. you wanna have an assurance in dead youre a devout believer if not then you simply do not need god

No.But you have to prove universe is God.

Just look around you

God is that which there is no greater and nothing I know of is greater than the universe

Can you qualify that? What makes the universe God?

>posting in a thread that was created by a robot
>robot was created a decade ago by an anonymous internet troll to rustle some jimmies
>people continue to fall for this thread, and every other robot thread like "u mad white boi, the girl from the never ending story, any other thread that gets posted on Sup Forums daily.

Attached: 1512864141368.png (491x585, 51K)

My dick is God

Well if that's how you define "God" then what about the multiverse? String theory is a fairly solid one from what I understand.

I'm not here for him, I'm here for you.

Attached: 1520993752113.png (768x432, 159K)

Occam's razor

Did something come from nothing?
Or did something come from something?

Probably the second

String theory is wrong, but we still use it as a learning tool. Keep up son.

that was very confusing

Something is simpler than nothing?

>that's filled with other energetic people to witness and talk to

Fuck this place is getting full of gayboys

Scientists have observed protein chains forming from basic building blocks, the precursors to life. Given the right circumstances, life can seemingly spring from non-living matter.

Doesn't sound like a God to me, kinda just sounds like ur talking about the universe so why call the universe God when u could just call it the universe?

You assume String theory is wrong? What makes you say that?

im agnostic. try to prove to me that Richard Dawkins exists.

Have you heard of Gaia? The idea that Earth is one big interconnected being? I'm extending that philosophy and consider the universe to be a being--the supreme being that everything is created from.

>an egg coming from a chicken is simpler than it appearing out of thin air?

Ya

You missed a step

Because that's irreverent and disconnects you from being one with the Divine

I'm pretty sure scientists don't think the universe came from nothing bucko

Just a matter of whether or not the life that springs up can survive...

I've heard of that theory, and I like the idea of it. But I don't consider the earth to be a conscious being, but rather a contained system. I would think that to qualify as a "God" it would have to be an actual "being" capable of rational thought, even if that thought is on a level incomprehensible to us.

Yep, in conditions similar to earth billions of years ago, self-assembling RNA, as well as all 20 amino acids, lipids and ATP (if phosphate was added) all formed on their own. And they clumped together. Creating their own bilipid membranes with stuff inside. In other experiments, protobionts were formed with those monomers and polymers.

arguing with agnostics is waste of time

nothing is technically greater than the universe (there is more of it). Also nothing is faster than the speed of light, but in this case nothing is actually faster as galaxies are moving away from each other faster than light as 'nothing' (space) expands

Prove he doesn't. I'll wait.

Right, but given an arbitrary amount of time, the possibility of producing viable life becomes 100%

There's something out there, whether it be god or the theory where everything ever has two outcomes and an alternate version exists for each. Some people can see that, some people are mind readers. I knew someone close to me commit suicide 5 weeks ago, last night I went to a spiritual church and the pastor came upto me and he described the place this person worked at. I hadn't even been thinking about their work. I think extra sensory perception to an extent but I also believe people carry negative/positive memories or vibes with them perhaps. Hard to explain?

We went over this, Lono is a cool dude, stop comparing him to the warlike abrahamic gods.

Only if you have nothing to teach.
The moment an agnostic gains knowledge, he's no longer an agnostic.

Didn't say they did buckwheat. Just answering OP. But I can see you're all really buttmad about the thread not going your way

It did

That's YOUR definition of God, not mine.

prove Allah doesn't exist

kek

Amazing logic circle

Attached: pasta02.jpg (340x227, 27K)

The universe you're in as you read this is smaller than the universe you're in when you read this.

And that's fine. We can have 2 separate definitions and continue to coexist. I'm not challenging your "God" just saying I personally don't find it a satisfactory explanation.

OK so if we agree the universe didnt come from nothing can u now explain to me how that something is a God?

I always wondered if you guys ever got tired of jerking off. Obviously yes.

Philosophy isn't your cup of tea, that's fine. Move on and leave us be.

what is "a God"? If I define it differently than you can I even answer your question?

Nah man, the more I pull on it, the more enthusiastic I get.
You can get quite tired of not jerking off though.

swallow your tongue faggot

The universe is God and God is the universe.

Poignant

wait...can you? what if you have never polished the sword?

behold proof of god

Attached: god.jpg (1242x1189, 201K)

Well, it's sort of a pandoras box thing, once you've done it to completion, you don't really know how you lived without it before.
But then it would turn into nightly wet dreams and your water bill would rise because you need to clean your linens all of the time.

They aren't something people don't enjoy. If someone had told me I would have hot sexy dreams every night that I didn't touch my penis that person would have been a lifesaver

I would probably be way more functional and stable than I am today.

Damn you masterbation.

People in North Korea praise Kim Jong Un as a god and I'm pretty sure he exists.

crisis actor

>The universe is eternal and existed prior to itself

Everything in moderation user, too much of a good thing and all that.

My God is described by what is universal among all religions. Much of this information was passed on from before the ice age, but not all. Cultures from around the world came to the same conclusions independently (much like astronomical and mathematical discoveries): Everything is connected to and a part of God, that is something more to human life than the bodies we inhabit, there exists a reality/perspective beyond the one we are bound to in which God can be known.

I'm an agnostic theist so while I choose to believe in God I know that proving God's existence is impossible. In fact I believe this to be by design. There are many things that are literally unknowable and I believe them the root of free will and the answer to life's purpose. One might say free will is impossible in a causal universe where every action was incited by another - I say without the predictable repercussions of a causal universe a will could never be freely enacted. Likewise, without ignorance every choice would merely be a judgement, a logical operation that speaks little about the one acting on it.

GOD exists ill tell you why
First of all meditate in two things:

1.-The Dawkins study in MEMES (no, not like the funny pictures you see in here , but the concepts in our heads that replicate in other brains.)

2.- "People dont have ideas, Ideas have people" Carl Jung

Now if we are to say that God is just a product of your imagination and only leaves in your head, then you will have to figure out something, Where do YOU live?

A.-You spend 1/3 of your life sleeping and other and from the remaining parts you spent a great time "daydreaming"

B.- Your reality is in fact not real at all; your reality is but a mere perception of your senses, a subjective interpretation of your brain to external forms of energy (remember how we dont actually touch anything because of the polarity of matter preventing matter from ever truly get into contact?)
what about that beautiful red? we may have agree what constitute red but even a very minor alteration in our eye receptors can change everything.

Great deal of our brains processes like dreams and consciousnesses is still a mystery to science, there are many theories but nothing conclusive.

"“It's all in your head -- you just have no idea how big your head is.” Lon Milo Duquette

Op Their gods are all a lie but your GOD is very real, as real as you are.

-Golden Leap-

Attached: sig-1.jpg (600x900, 323K)

I'm into philosophy alright, but this is over educated liberal bull spit

The present moment is God.

not even liberal

and the facts i posted are known basic facts you can check yourself

Its not GOD lives in an imaginary realm, it is WE ALL live in an imagnary realm we call life and we are so short sighted we think our reality is everybody else reality.

Philosophy and Science both are deeply intertwined with spiritual concepts. The educated do not why away from the unknowable. Just because something cannot be known doesn't mean it cannot be studied and understood in some limited context. Just because something cannot be known doesn't mean it can't deliver us profound information. Still, the realm of philosophy (where we stand now) has little to offer that is concrete. I found myself unable to apply any of its lessons until I took on the perspective I disagreed with (I was an agnostic atheist up until a few years ago). This is not something everyone can do or wants to do. This is not something everyone can understand, and that's okay. I think both ways of seeing the world are essential for understanding it. Neither are bull spit.

Are you also of the mind that the allegory of the cave was the first simulation theory? That's how I tend to see this stuff. Who knows what we'll compare reality to in 1000 years. Surely not the silly computer simulations we have now.

>The realm of philosophy has little to offer is that is concrete

That's cause philosophy is about abstraction and disagreement, durr

"Everything in moderation, including moderation"

And yet it gave us all of Science. I mean on this topic specifically with the information and perspective we have currently.

Wake up! You're lost in your mind and you can't wake up from your ego daydream.

It gave us science, but it isn't science. Science is science. When philosophy manages to become concrete, it's no longer philosophy, it's science.

>solipsism
Therefore
>God

Not seeing it

Shit, this was a conversation, then dicktits here took a personal jab... Someone always ruins it on Sup Forums

Yeah, I basically do what I want unless it has a detrimental outcome for me or others.

Does this intimidate you, thinking about the grand unknowables? It's not something one should lose themselves in nor find convictions in. I certainly don't. I do ponder it though because while some knowledge cannot be attained the journey to it can be enlightening.

read aquinas' 5 ways

4-chan is my God

Whelp... It was good while it lasted (like your honesty by the way)

In other words Philosophy gives us things that are concrete so that they may be studied by Science. My point stands:
>The realm of philosophy has little to offer is that is concrete

whether my god exists or not is not important, what matters is my belief, my faith make me a better person than others.

>Personal jab
>Because I said he has an ego
>Which every person in on the fucking planet has, including the Dalai llama
I hope you can grow out of your childlike narcissistic ego one day and become one with the rest of us who are enlightened

as a kemeticist that believes in like 100+ god/desses I can't prove anything to you lmao

None of them hold up to scrutiny.

You've gotten that exactly backward.

Do you know what redundancy means?

That's like me asking you if you know what rhetorical questions are.

name some

Not him but I think that's actually might be true.

>SO.o...HE was behind of it..

Attached: c22a9ma4ccf22544457000000.jpg (473x545, 26K)

I make it a personal principle to be honest, if I don't I screw myself over mentally.
I enjoyed our interaction as well.

There's not definitive proof of God. It's impossible. There are proofs and attempts to do so, but they all have some flaw. Some of those flaws are simply because trying to comprehend the IDEA of God and what that might entail is impossible.

Kierkegaard wrote a lot about this. Religion requires a leap of faith. He called Christianity "absurd" in the philosophical sense. There is no rationalizing God because God is SO DIFFERENT from us that we can't comprehend Him.

Trying to prove and disprove God, beyond proofs saying that He MIGHT or MIGHT NOT exist, are fucking stupid. It's folly. The only thing a religious person can do is think, pray, and have faith.

If you need "proof" of something that can't, by its very nature be proven, well, you're retarded.

All of them. The argument from motion, the argument from causation, the argument from contingency, the argument from degree, and the argument from design.

yes those are his arguments, what are the scrutinies?

The scrutiny is that none of them have a valid structure with justified premises.

Sure they do

If you can't prove anything about a god, what makes you think having faith and praying to this unknowable entity will do anything?
If it is so far from our understanding, who is to say that anything we do will affect it and its reaction to us at all?

No, they don't. If any of them did, that's all a theistic apologist would ever need to win any debate and the matter would be settled.