What's objectively wrong with "soyboy/nu-male music"? Is all the hate coming from people projecting...

What's objectively wrong with "soyboy/nu-male music"? Is all the hate coming from people projecting? Were they bullied for being too feminine? Are they compensating for something? Why to people on here think masculine=better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zJTl4EyY_Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=l3LFML_pxlY
youtube.com/watch?v=7OqwKfgLaeA
youtube.com/watch?v=Wz-mJed_bP0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Elliott Smith does not belong in this thread

What would you consider "nu-male" music, and what make it that way? I thought it was stuff like Elliott Smith, Pinkerton-era Weezer, Violent Femmes, and stuff like that.

>Is all the hate coming from people projecting?
Yes.
>Were they bullied for being too feminine?
Yes
>Are they compensating for something?
Yes
>Why to people on here think masculine=better?
They don't actually

So "nu male" means feminine and feminine means personal lyrics

lel

This is me being personally offended because I love Elliott Smith, by the way.

>Is all the hate coming from people projecting?
No.
>Were they bullied for being too feminine?
No
>Are they compensating for something?
No
They do actually

>tfw neither masculine or soyboy

just painfully average

it's just a meme

I love the bands I listed too, I'm asking what's so bad about being "nu-male" music

It's not. The numale thing reflects how everyone in society increasingly cowers away from conflict, difficulty, and discomfort

but what does that have to do with Arcade Fire

it's fucking lame, whiny music. people addressed emotions and relationships in the past (country, blues, soul, etc.) without coming off as an entitled little bitch

People are just spamming soyboy to troll. Ignore it.

seconded

If you're a feminine man I feel bad for you

I make sure to take all of my masculinity advice from Sup Forums, as there's othing more masculine than a 19-year-old virgin who spends all day masturbating and listening to Death Grips.

Nothing just insecure children who got abused by they daddies taking out their misplaced rage by becoming just like them

They're doing it because Sup Forums is objectively the most numale board and it's funny to watch you numales get mad.
Either lighten up or watch it get worse.

>all these buttblasted soyboys

t. Soygoy

Let me sum it up for you OP: there's nothing wrong with it. In many cases, it's superior music that people can't appreciate so they call it numale. And since the majority of the people here are insecure, these baseless insults are effective, and because they're effective, they persist

Yeah don’t drag him into this.

Interesting to note what people say about his music when he used to get into fights all the time.

I don't understand how Elliott has anything to do with the stupid meme.

>when he used to get into fights all the time.
yeah, crackheads tend to do that

not user, but he legit got in mad fist fights for being small before the drugs

He wasn’t a crackhead as a kid. When you grow up getting beat up and having to beat other people up you want to get away from it.

Listen to this guy. I aswell listen only to Dream Theater and Rush, since I am a man.

It's emotionally dishonest.

>proge
>not bugboy central

I don't really know what "soyboy" music is, but how does it differ from these?
youtube.com/watch?v=zJTl4EyY_Hk
youtube.com/watch?v=l3LFML_pxlY
youtube.com/watch?v=7OqwKfgLaeA

It's quite literally one person

You gotta think about how bitter people on Sup Forums can be. Factor that with the masculinity complex of Sup Forums and the blatant disregard of sexual science from /r9k/ that has leaked here and you got idiots trying to claim bigger dicks and put each other down to compensate for how big of losers they are.

Soyboyposting is new
It used to be acceptable to be a beta and now its not
Think of it like immigrants who can't assimilate and somehow gain a voice
Suddenly its not ok to do things that your culture normally deemed acceptable
Thats how I feel about this. These people are worse than refugees in germany

>Soyboyposting is newIt used to be acceptable to be a beta and now its not
People are just tired of soyism in general.

It's literally a meme perpetuated by beta males. Reminder that the only people who care about having a masculine image are people who desperately want you to notice how masculine they are

>soyism
Suicide, commit it.

>Elliott Smith
>nu-male
Kill yourself OP

It's just a meme

Have you got any empirical evidence to back that claim up? Sounds like the biased normative opinion of a wannabe tough guy

ITT low test cucks

>soyboy
Only newfags fall for that meme. It was debunked by 2ch before it existed, look at this alpha shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wz-mJed_bP0

How the fuck do you people keep finding arbitrary ways to put yourselves above others?
Is the self-depreciation really getting that bad?
It's getting ridiculous how many of these titles you're making up in order to make yourselves feel better about having terrible social skills and spending all day on this site.
For the love of god drop the soyboy thing now, how is that even an insult to anyone except the one individual who eats soy all day?

I don't really like the whole culture surrounding these labels, but terms like soyboy and numale describe more or less the fan base of an artist rather the artist themselves. That is why people look at the demographic of death grips and swans and say those fanbases are numale, thus the bands are numales.

It can't just be that the music disproportionately attracts feminized liberal men? I honestly don't know anyone who likes Andrew Jackson Jihad who could not be considered a soyboy.

what is soyboy music can someone please explain

fucking Sup Forumstards ruining this board

Music catering to or appreciated by emasculated men. The soy part comes from the myth that consumption of soy drastically lowers your testosterone levels and makes you an effeminate faggot. Basically it's a new putdown for insecure Sup Forums and /r9k/ expats to look superior.

It's shilling SJWs that want to destroy western culture. Anyone that says "soyboy" or "dadrock" is either an SJW shill or a gullible child.

If you think music that could be called dadrock or soyboy-quality represents the parts of western culture worth defending you are either an uncultured swine, a potbellied American or a goddamn soyboy.

Not that guy but soyboys are a myth.

Soyboy in the literal sense are a rarity, but there are men who are made anxious by what they read on nutrition labels and men who coat any serious feelings they have in irony and men who shrink back at the idea of any kind of physical exertion, etc. And there are plenty of men who share all of these qualities who are, inter alia, of the Soyus boyus species.

If you don't worry about nutrition labels then ypu should mang, the amount of sugar in things are absurd.

*you

Rock is really the only music carrying on the tradition of western music to focus on musical composition (melodies and chord progressions) and not simply just superficial aesthetics that depend highly on context.

It's worth defending.

>rock is the only music that uses chord progressions
you heard it here first

It's not the only one, obviously, but it's the one that puts the most emphasis on it.

i find it so fucking amusing how triggered this board gets over these words