Doctor Who General: Comfy Classic Who Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7ar5PxifW3s
kickass.cd/class-s01e05-hdtv-x264-killers-ettv-tt16271444.html
imdb.com/title/tt0667982/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>nothing in the subject field
>/who/ in the name field

There was a point in time when I had a VHS of Inferno I'd taped off PBS and I'd fall asleep to it sometimes because of the great ambient rumble running in the background.
Actually, most of the Pertwee stuck on Earth with UNIT stories are very comfy to me.

just got back from Power of The Daleks

it was pretty damn good

I've always found Pertwee stories comfy as well. McCoy's stories are very comfy for me.

2nd Doc, Jamie and Zoe is prime comfy material for me.

Me too. As expected, the animation was like a low-budget Adult Swim show but hey, it's moving pictures. I'll admit I think this is the first time I've properly understood what was going on in every scene. Hearing the sound mix in the theater was also pretty good, especially in the opening scenes with all the weird regeneration stuff.

I noticed Delia Derbyshire and Raymond Cusick received their rightful recognition in the credits, unlike in the original.

yeah that was something I thought was pretty neat and about damn time despite y'know Delia getting credit in the 50th

>tfw have a friend who gets into Fathom events for free
>No theater within 40 miles of me is showing it

>Autism won't allow me to get the Blu-Ray because it won't be the same height as all the other DVDs

>Rewatching Torchwood and it's somehow worse than the first time

>Doctor Who LEGO game never

Having some serious first world problems here, fellas

>>Autism won't allow me to get the Blu-Ray because it won't be the same height as all the other DVDs
you could give it its own special little display

or if not you could get it digitally, I think it's on Amazon - or maybe that might just be for the UK right now, I don't know

/who/ WILL NOT DIE

Don't get the blu-ray then?

Buy Blu-Ray and put it in the DVD cover.

Lego Dimensions kinda work as a DOctor Who LEGO Game. There is a story mode for the Doctor.

Never loved Pertwee, but he sure had some fun stories.

>not /who/

AUTISM

Why won't Americans just give up those two characters?

zoe and Victoria sandwich makes me horny

The contracts are prolly stuffed in the back of some filing cabinet in a basement and nobody cares enough to go digging

I don't want Capaldi to leave.

We go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

youtu.be/7ar5PxifW3s

Anyone have a link for the most recent Class episode? I'm afraid I missed the Combom ones.

kickass.cd/class-s01e05-hdtv-x264-killers-ettv-tt16271444.html

Ah, thanks. Nice to see Kickass is still alive and... well, kicking.

They are perfectly willing to license them.

For the right money that is.

>26 posts in nine and a half hours
Why the fuck do you people still come here

Is Power of the Daleks anywhere online yet?

That's because he didn't use /who/. People can't find the fred.

See :

Like four threads died yesterday

mega.nz/#F!WMZn2CbI!qDmfxHH92Fmd1gYeZQfViw

/who/res are depressed at the mo.

If the Daily Mirror is correct, the actor who single handedly starred as the Doctor in possibly Who's greatest episode is leaving end of next series. To be replaced by a Tennant clone.

After that, one of the show's weakest writers is taking over as show runner.

>After that, one of the show's weakest writers is taking over as show runner.
It could've been Gatiss. Chibnall is at least versatile and can produce entertaining action.

Gatiss had one half-decent story and he ripped it out of The Outer Limits.

The Crimson Horror was Outer Limits?

I was talking about one with Dickens and ghosts. How was it called?

Crimson Horror could be counted as second.

Hey, Order of the Daleks is actually pretty good.

The aliens in the Gatiss written DW episode 'The Crimson Horror' are very similar to the aliens in an Outer Limits episode called 'The Second Soul'.

imdb.com/title/tt0667982/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Quill appears to be pregnant in the Class finale.

PROTECT

HIS

SMILE

New DWM confirms Rona Munro is writing episode 9 of Series 10.

>one of the show's weakest writers is taking over as show runner
Most of his episodes though have been very much "shopping list"-types. For example, Moffat gave him Dinosaurs on a Spaceship as a premise and Chibnall thus had to write it. I don't yet think we've seen Chibnall's vision of the show, what he thinks Dr Who should do or be, etc. So that'll be interesting. Plus the writers room may help strengthen the slightly weaker writers.

Will do.

(The tabloid press is full of shit anyway, half the time they just lift rumours from GallyBase).

I used to come home from high school and fall asleep to 4/5/6/7 serials when we streamed them a few years ago

What a comfy time

Luckily I managed to fall asleep quickly enough that I barely remember any of the stories so I can still enjoy them at a later date

Pertwee's era was very comfy, the UNIT family dynamic was something truly special. Have you heard they're making audios with Jo, Benton and Yates now?

Can't believe there's only one season with this golden team and I've almost finished it

Padbury's acting is a bit hammy and theatrical but once you get used to it/she tones it down she's great

American contracts are serious shit. When they went to go make the American Red Dwarf, they tried to get the actors to sign six year deals

Partly habit, partly because I'm hugely autistic about doctor who, partly because I enjoy it

I don't know why Big Finish can't just bring them back but slightly rename them. Cos let's face it, they were both pretty bland and broad characters in the Movie; the only recognisable thing about them, which they own the rights to, are the characters' names.

>When they went to go make the American Red Dwarf, they tried to get the actors to sign six year deals
If that'd happened, but six years/series hadn't been produced, would the contract mean the actors would still have been paid for it all?

Everyone had pretty much guessed this anyway.

Yep, myself included. Just letting people know it's now confirmed, cos a few people were still adamant it wasn't her.

Hm. Cool. (Of course, I have to wonder how much of Survival was down to Cartmel...)

Guys what the fuck emergency. Peri gets better at the fake accent right? Every scene she speaks in is unwatchable. I'm on Planet of fire. Please tell me this shit gets better.

>Everyone had pretty much guessed this anyway.
What? When?

No idea mate but either Barrie or Llewellyn did remark that it was a ridiculous amount of money they were being offered

Her accent is never very good but it never puts me off watching a Colin desu, never seen her with Davey

Tfw overcame autism and ordered blu ray
Still considering dvd as well.

Rona Munro's name had been mentioned so many times, I would've been surprised if it wasn't her.

There are undoubtedly a couple of people on various forums with some insider knowledge: some truthful spoilers get 'leaked' despite the BBC's best efforts to prevent it.

you've never seen Caves of Androzani?

I've made from Spearheadup to Horns of Nimon and I'm afraid to watch in case it's very shit

Went back and watched all the complete Troughtons

you've watched Colin Who and you're still afraid of Who being shit?

I am waiting for the standard Blu-Ray box, to fit with previous classic Doctor Who blu-rays. I hate steelboxes.

The Colins I've seen have been fairly decent, plus at least he plays the part with conviction, I'm not too keen on watching Tom Baker lose any fucks he gave and start acting like a clown

I made it through Underworld though so I'm sure I could watch anything, Troughton was just more appealing

Season 18 Tom is GOAT because he's so downtrodden and serious and moody as fuck.

Horns of Nimon is the end of the time where Tom fucks about. The Tom Baker Show is Season 17, so ironically you've already made it through.

What this guy said is accurate.

rona munros episode is called "The Eaters of Light"

I thought season 17 was really fun. Not funny just fun. The only story I remember hating was Shada. Even Underworld is alright, just the cave effect is terrible.

Even Tom looks bored throughout the entirety of Underworld. Can't blame him. It has a good first episode but fuck me it's DULL.

WHERE IS CATS

I miss him so much.

Cats is with all of us and always will be.

Not seen Immigrunt for awhile either, hope he's ok.

I think Cloister/Immigrant is in hospital again.

He said something about not having internet access for a week

Katherine Kelly had just had a baby literally weeks before filming started.

Can take a few months for the 'baby belly' to flatten, so she may still have a bit of a tummy in some scenes.

Probably not allowed in the hospital for obvious reasons.

Cloister's popped in occasionally the last few days.

yeah but he gave out his trip and so did immigrant

I

WANT

CATS

BACK

NOW

Cats is love.

Cats is life.

What does /who/ think Chinball's vision of Who will be?

More sci-fi? or more sci-fantasy like the RTD and Moff eras?

It will be just like Tennant era according to the daily mirror. What's their track record for Who news anyway? I know they've got a couple of major Doctor Who news correct

>threemanyquestions.jpg

>165vpn4.jpg

I think he's still around. Recommending books on occasion.
Can't speak for immigrant, but I'm quite well. Albeit a little sour.
He's a student so I imagine he has midterms or exams before thanksgiving break.
And? I wasn't aware immigrant gave out his. He said he was having trouble with one on a mobile device.
>I pray to cats every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I've been given.
Well from that article it sounds like it's going to be RTD 2.0, with a writers room. The latter i'm kinda curious to see play out.

Indeed.

How very convincing.

Ok.

Power of the Daleks animation is so fucking shit it's a joke. In part one, Troughton seems to walk everywhere sideways like a fucking crab.
Scream of the Shalka was better done than this.

He did, no internet for about a week because building works/ maintenance nearby.

I've seen worse.

gr8 b8 m8

it's not bait it's a fact. it's cheap and shitty looking

and his college has no internet or anywhere else in this town and he can't use his phone either?

Here is when Troughton walks past the console but faces the camera at all times. It looks terrible.

For the amount of animation completed in under 6 months, it's pretty fucking decent.

So we are agreed it's not very good. Fine.