>the strings barely have anything to do with the story

>thinking that the titular instrument is the one played by the protagonist

Typical European.

>he needs to find 3 relics to fight the moon king
>the relics to jack shit during the fight

Better than the typical American:

>watched Storks instead

You didnt even watch the film.
The two strings is in reference the legend he makes during the final act.
All 3 strings on his guitar break through the film, At the end he uses a thread of his dead mothers hair he kept and his fathers bow string to use his guitar at the end.

Oh yeah spoilers

>movie is called Kubo and the Two Strings
>it has a monkey

Wernt they just to protect him. They didnt even do a good job!

I like the chekovs gun helmet though!

This is like bitching about a film is called Titanic and the boat is fine at the start

It's about the journey, not the destination user.

It's the same reason that kubo's dad settled down with his mom instead of finishing his relic collection when it probably only would have taken him like 10 minutes since the dude was a badass before he was turned into the comic relief bug

hanzo made them to fight the moon king

hanzo wasn't the sharpest knife

fighting the moon king was not the correct course of action.

Titanic is the name of the ship, not the name of the Iceberg. You know this right?

My friend ruined this film for me by autistically drowning on about how the beetle couldn't be a samurai because you need a topknot to be a samurai and he didn't have one.

Wooosh

That's sorta the point, he didn't need the macguffin to beat him, it was something else entirely.

It was literally the powers he had all along

what the fuck user
this better be fucking bait

This movie killed me. I thought this was the last bastion of western animation, it's beautiful but the rest is nonsensical to put it lightly. Nothing makes sense in this flick.

Also why do modern kid's movies have such terrible dialogue? I can handle a bad story but if I have to cringe every time someone speak then I just can't. Tomorrowland was also unwatchable thanks to its dialogue.

fucking lmao there are people in this thread who genuinely failed to understand a kids movie

> Nothing makes sense in this flick.
What didn't make sense to you user?
We can help you. The film is actually pretty simple plot-wise, and the only thing that I think wouldn't make sense on first watch would be the importance of the relics after being shit to protect Kubo, but that's because and

I agree. This movie was gorgeous as fuck, but the story makes absolutely 0 sense. When the 3 characters talk to each other, it doesn't feel natural.

Big let down, I was hype to see it when I saw the preview for it.

It's fucking [CURRENT YEAR], when are we going to get away from endlessly using Dreamworks Face?

>unnatural dialogue

That sucks, haven't seen it yet but this was the best part about Coraline and Paranorman

Kubo IS the third string nigga

Well these are conversations between a kid, that child's mother's soul imprinted upon the magically animated body of a wooden monkey, and the kid's memory wiped and polymorphed father.

How natural do you think they'd be?

Oh yea, spoilers.