How would a human being even make a good energy source anyway?

How would a human being even make a good energy source anyway?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Laws_of_Robotics
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Humans are warm blooded.

They wouldn't.

For being super duper robots, they sure did forget about the laws of thermodynamics. You have to put more energy into a human to keep one alive than a human can produce.

In the original script, I think they used our brains as CPUs though, not just for electricity.

W H A T · I S · T H E · M A T R I X ? · F O L L O W · T H E · W H I T E · R A B B I T · Y O U · A R E · M Y · P E R S O N A L · J E S U S · C H R I S T · Y O U · N E E D · T O · U N P L U G · W H A T · I S · R E A L ? · O U R · W A Y · O R · T H E · H I G H W A Y · I · T H O U G H T · Y O U · W E R E · A · M A N · W H A T · G O O D · I S · A · P H O N E C A L L · I F · Y O U · A R E · U N A B L E · T O · S P E A K ? · W H E N · Y O U · A R E · R E A D Y · Y O U · W I L L · N O T · N E E D · T O · D O D G E · B U L L E T S · T H E R E · I S · A · D I F F E R E N C E · B E T W E E N · K N O W I N G · T H E · P A T H · A N D · W A L K I N G · T H E · P A T H · T H E R E · I S · N O · S P O O N · M I S T E R · A N D E R S O N · W E L C O M E · B A C K · C O O K I E S · N E E D · L O V E · D O D G E · T H I S · F O R · Z I O N ! · R E D · P I L L · B L U E · P I L L · N O T · L I K E · T H I S · N O T · L I K E · T H I S · I · K N O W · K U N G · F U · I F · Y O U · A R E · K I L L E D · I N · T H E · M A T R I X · Y O U · D I E · H E R E ? · D O · Y O U · T H I N K · T H A T · T H A T · I S · A I R · T H A T · Y O U · A R E · B R E A T H I N G ? · T R I N I T Y · H E L P ! · W H O A · N E O · I · B E L I E V E · S I R · W E · A L R E A D Y · L O S T · T H E · D O C K · W E · H A V E · B E C O M E · E X C E E D I N G L Y · E F F I C I E N T · A T · I T · T O N I G H T · L E T · U S · S H A K E · T H I S · C A V E · E R G O · Y O U · H A V E · A L R E A D Y · M A D E · T H E · C H O I C E · I · H A V E · D R E A M E D · A · D R E A M · B U T · N O W · T H A T · D R E A M · I S · G O N E · F R O M · M E · V I S · À · V I S · W H Y · M I S T E R · A N D E R S O N · W H Y ? · W H A T · D O · Y O U · T H I N K · I · A M · H U M A N ? · N E O · W H E R E V E R · Y O U · A R E · T H A N K · Y O U

It was for revenge watch the animated trix goes in death about why the robots were the were they were

I just head canon wiggle around it by excusing Morpheus' words as him being overly poetic and stretching a weak metaphor to make a neat visual for Neo.

the original plot of the matrix had people's brains being used to power the matrix and the machines, not their bodies. In effect everyone was using their own minds to keep the machines going

everything makes more sense this way but the directors thought it'd be too confusing for normies

Not really, in the original script human brains were used as processors for the machines and the matrix. The wachoskis thought that the average person wouldn't get it because they're retarded so they changed it to

>human bodies are like batteries lmao

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

MORPHEUS: For the longest time, I wouldn't believe it. But then I saw the fields with my own eyes, watched them liquefy the dead so they could be fed intravenously to the living -

NEO (politely): Excuse me, please.

MORPHEUS: Yes, Neo?

NEO: I've kept quiet for as long as I could, but I feel a certain need to speak up at this point. The human body is the most inefficient source of energy you could possibly imagine. The efficiency of a power plant at converting thermal energy into electricity decreases as you run the turbines at lower temperatures. If you had any sort of food humans could eat, it would be more efficient to burn it in a furnace than feed it to humans. And now you're telling me that their food is the bodies of the dead, fed to the living? Haven't you ever heard of the laws of thermodynamics?

MORPHEUS: Where did you hear about the laws of thermodynamics, Neo?

NEO: Anyone who's made it past one science class in high school ought to know about the laws of thermodynamics!

MORPHEUS: Where did you go to high school, Neo?

(Pause.)

NEO: ...in the Matrix.

MORPHEUS: The machines tell elegant lies.

(Pause.)

NEO (in a small voice): Could I please have a real physics textbook?

MORPHEUS: There is no such thing, Neo. The universe doesn't run on math.

ahh nvm, this guy said it.

my bad.

>Wanted revenge
>Tried to put us in a perfect world where we could be happy all the time

i can't, trix are for kids and i jot got my first pube :(

they need us to be in control of being happy.

apparently the matrix has gone through 3 different iterations.

The first one was literally heaven, there was no pain or sorrow. But it failed because humans couldn't accept that such a perfect world could exist.

The second one was a war torn nightmare, obviously didn't work because people didn't have hope.

The third one is depicted in the movies, it worked because the humans bought it as plausible and kept them content.

This coming from the retards who wrote the pseudo philosophical ending to the second matrix movie

isn't one of these guys a lady now?

both of them are now.

its a joke right?

I was under the impression there was no other option. Like the blotted out the sun thing was the last possibly spiteful move on the humans part in trying to cut off the machine power supply. The world looks pretty ravaged. So it was a fuck it. Kill half the humans and feed them to the other half while we start up a breeding program. (that is until the second Matrix movie when you see how they've figured out how to harness geothermal energy and you think, Why not just do that?

No.

Lana (Larry) and Lilly (Andy) Wachowski.

Holy fucking shit

>Tfw you go from making the matrix trilogy to being a tranny

LMAO

I would fuck the one on the left but the one on the right. Any full body shots?

Oh and they're both lesbians married to women.

Lilly Wachowski

i can't exactly remember one of the theories behind this movie - but isn't it sort of morrowind CHIM-esque?

like, agent smith wants to get out of the matrix because he believes the only way to attain victory is to control the "real" world with zion, the machines want to control the matrix because that's what they believe to be the conditions of victory, but NEO realizes both the matrix and the "real world" are still illusory and goes beyond both layers, which is why he's still able to see while blinded? somebody on here once explained it very well and i never saved it

Sounds like the life. Sign me up for being a lesbian, I'm just gonna keep my dick and man-looks though

the sequels are not good enough to think that much about them

>MORPHEUS: There is no such thing, Neo. The universe doesn't run on math.

Really?
I feel like beyond the whole tranny thing. You would put that much money into a sex change. Therapy, hormones, plastic surgery. BUT YOU WON'T GET YOUR TEETH CLEANED AND FIXED? Nah, somethings wrong with that bitch.

well it isnt
they have done the math and it takes more energy to keep a human alive
you get less energy output while using more energy to keep them alive

the thing is this movie was written in the 90s and most people back then didnt really know much about computers

the writers originally had it so that the machines used our human brains as RAM and the matrix was created to keep those brains healthy and fully capable
but they had it rewritten so that simpletons who know how a remote control works and dont know how a computer works could still play along and have a good time and not feel stupid for not understanding

the humans were supposed to be RAM not batteries and it makes the franchise look dumb as shit when you realize this

Why do I get the feeling that transwomen get more pussy than men?

>transwoman
>appear to be approachable and non-hostile
>dick her good

stemfags btfo

[eletronic music starts playing]

You're in the Matrix, motherfucker. Break the conditioning!

No neo just has a connection to the source even outside of matrix ie wifi

Thats pretty silly, he cant fly or do anything special outside the matrix, and his new vision is limited to the machines

Your other left

She looks like an actual funny Kristen Wiig, you know, because of the penis.

why is she so qt bros?

The real problem is why didnt the robots just simulate a prehistoric world. Keep the average intelligence of humans low

assess your standards nigro

Oh yeah i'm sure the robots would rather their humans running around with dinosaurs. And what happens when the ice age come around and the humans all die?
Think things through before you post please.

Lack of imagination?
Easier to create a world they had exact data and specs on than something they'd have to guess about.

There are a theory during the sequels about how it was just some bullshit Morpheus was fed and that The Matrix was actually a complex neutral network which the machines were also using for processing power. Which is why they needed to always upgrade it, why too many minds leaving the system was a threat etc etc.

Too bad all the theories were better than the movie's story.

THEY HAVE LOTS OF BEE TEE (YOU)S OF BODY HEAT
MACHINE IS BABBY
HUMAN IS BLANKET

>The Matrix was actually a complex neutral network which the machines were also using for processing power

that's not a theory, that's the original reason of why they needed humans. the battery part was made up for the dumb dumb audiences.

In reality he wouldn't actually know what they were doing. He could easily have just assumed humans were a power source.

>The real problem is why didnt the robots just simulate a prehistoric world.

They tried a lot of versions if you fucking paid attention you'd know that. There were version of the matrix where everyone had everything in the world and entire crops of them died because they didn't accept it and so the machines eventually settled into an office space tier world as it was easier for humans to accept.

The merovingian henchmen like the ghost twins and the like were old programs from those other matrixes that survived along with shit like vampires and werewolves from what i remember.

yeah but when reloaded came out people theorised that this was the reality of the matrix and was gonna be revealed as such in the next movie, since that was the most logical conclusion as to why neo was now able to influence the robots.

then revolutions was pure shit and explained absolutely nothing

ive never seen a passionate fanbase disappear as quickly as the matrix's tho

I dont think dinos existed at the dawn of civilization user...

I have only seen the first movie but i enjoyed your post. In the sequels there are different monsters? (werewolves vampires) I think i might check these out.

The bioenergy we produce would make for a shitty energy source.

Scientists are working on devices that recharge using human bio energy. I think it might require movement, I dunno. But I don't think the robitts could power entire robot cities and computer systems with it.

If they were smart they would have went into space where solar energy is abundant. They could have made a dyson sphere around the sun or something and become gods.

Thanks Eliezer

Consider the following: the Robots just wanted to be friends with the humans, but were afraid of being destroyed by them

>anything special
he kinda did stop those sentinels by raising his hand

>use fusion to meet energy needs of humans
>use artificial reality simulation to stimulate the production of ATP
>extract ATP

Bam, human batteries.

Yeah, but is ATP really a powerful energy source for Machines?

Wouldn't Fusion and Fission be a better source in itself?

Not the user you replied to.
You're right, but people forget that the machines are sentient, there's a sentimental value on keeping humanity alive like that.

Its not about raw power, its about portability, availability, and scalability. They have fusion, but every machine can't walk around with a fusion power plant on it's ass. Nor can every machine be wired at all times.

they kept humans around out of compassion.

But wouldn't the electricity provided by fusion itself be a better power supply to machines than transferring it to humans first, and then using their ATP?

Also, if they wanted to use ATP, and have all this crazy biotechnology, why not just make the ground troops Biots? Then you could just feed them the stuff you're feeding the humans

Didn't the spoon kid send Neo a spoon from the matrix into the "real world" basicaly proofing that the matrix has more than one layer, for every possible mindset?

At least that was what i took from that scene.

Nahh, they kept them alive because they want the succ.

You did notice how 90% of the machines in the city were insecticile, right? You can't put a lithium ion battery on that.

>How would a human being even make a good energy source anyway?

Couldn't these aliens just wipe everyone out and cover the entire earth in solar panels?

couldnt they just like... idk... fly into space and live on mars?

They explain in that very same scene that the robots used to be solar powered, so early in the war the humans fucked up the atmo somehow to block out sunlight.

why didnt the ai just leave earth?

Directors or the studio?

>tfw your follow up films were so shit that you had a mental breakdown

There's no way they haven't fucked, right?

Everyone looks better when they're happy and enjoying life, no matter where in the ladder of attractiveness they rank at.

...which actually sounds pretty crazy, now that I think about it more.

no, it's just an offhand comment

the matrix is a little bit allegorical to being trans tbqh

All their productions bar adaptatiins deal with transhumanism in some way.
>cloud atlas
>jupiter ascending
>that tv show literally about body swapping

Kinda interesting to be honest. But the fact that both changed sex makes me think the reasons for that lies in some genetic animaly. One is fine, but both brothers?

the reality that is presented as the real world is another construct of the matrix. it's another matrix for people who wake from the matrix.

the human battery plot is just a narrative for people who wake up from the first matrix we're presented with.

First law of robotics. Machines didnt really want to kill humans, but they had to control them somehow. The battery thing was just an excuse, and a way to recoup expenses in keeping them alive.

The machines really weren't bad.

Don't you remember the line from the movies Anons

It was "using a special kind of fusion"

That's SCIENCE motherfuckers!

So why didn't they go to space? Why stay on earth?

>How would a human being even make a good energy source anyway?
Exactly, they aren't.
Neo just woke up in another matrix.

>First law of robotics

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Laws_of_Robotics

Read more.

Swell post

such an underrated post

He could if he tried. Zion is the place where those people who subconsciously rejected matrix were send. Its simulation, just like matrix, but with a fight against illusionary machines going on. Thats what makes the architect so smug, its damn brilliant solution. Putting people who reject matrix into matrix.

Otherwise the whole architect scene where walking through a door and chosing 24 others to recreate Zion wouldnt make any sense.

If it takes more energy to keep a human alive than we output, how did we create the world we live in today? If the net energy coefficient is negative we certainty wouldn't have built empires and flown to the moon

You do understand nothing can be proven. Our science is just interpretations of observed works.

So wait, Neo was still in the matrix?

Nigga wut

Yes. Zion is part of the matrix. Everybody in there were in matrix and the machines were simulation, just like programs in the Agent infested matrix.

Fug, if it's true then it would make sense why the last two films were pure shit since they didn't want neo to actually escape.

he was able to see as a blind because he never left the matrix. the first movie even confirmed that he was not the chosen one

Someone please make a cut of this

The zion=matrix theory is the easiest way to make sense out of the two second movies. Plus it explains the whole "human batteries" nonsense, since it would too be a matrix simulation.

The shit part about this theory is that nothing is actually real and what is actually going on IRL is never show. There could be machines using people for something else (computation power instead of batteries). There could be aliens making experiments. The whole matrix can be a big spaceship that is going towards an inhabitable planet to colonize and the matrix was the most efficient way to endure such a long time.

I really like the last one, that would beautiful end.

Alternatively, the machines wanted to preserve humanity and the whole battery thing is quite irrelevant.

whats really going on is one mind trying to make sense of itself and realising it can never leave or escape itself because IT IS itself, hence the reference to the 'chosen one'

thats assuming the ONLY thing they feed them is other dead humans, but theres a lot of life forms that don't need the sun, like, bugs, fungus etc.

So did they

Farts