What did the member berries represent? what happened to the ads?

what did the member berries represent? what happened to the ads?

Someone on Sup Forums explained that the memberberries is a corruption of nostalgia. They aren't actually a positive thing.

I didn't really pay much attention at the time. Something about its weird how they are racist and super conservative.

They explain it in the episode. It's a nostalgiac tool used to elicit feelings of how great things were. Trump/Garrison's campaign was centered around returning things back to how great they were before in "our" hayday.

I mean, they come out and SAY that it's about Star Wars nostalgia and our delusion that 7 was a good film.

But yeah, that's obviously the comparison. What would the equivalent be for liberals?

There have been a lot of comparisons of Trump to Reagan (both being entertainers and outsiders, etc). I think the most relevant thing the berries say is "Remember feeling safe?" And that's what people want- and people want that because all Trump does is incite fear (the world is changing and passing middle America by and taking all of their jobs and tax money and spending it on welfare for immigrants) because it strikes a nerve and gets people scared. When people are scared their minds enter a "fight or flight" mentality and their judgment is impaired and they want to believe the orange man who says he alone is their only vanguard between them and the apocalypse.

I trust the Orange man.

We all have to trust God Emperor Trump.

>what if we get jackovasaurs back into the show but instead of just one episode, we use them as an integral part of the plot for the entire season?

People call Trump the next Hitler with the access to nuclear codes, and in the same thought they accuse him of inciting fear.
It blows my mind.

>Member Jackovasaurs?
>Yeah, I member!

I think it's funny that the assimilation projectile vomit looks really low budget like the first season when Stan would throw up all the time.

Weird because a white guy seems more normal than a woman. People just overreact hugely. We've had weirdest presidents.

It's a memory of the past that's not real & it keeps you from dealing with the present.

You are supposed to learn from past mistakes yet not yearn for yesterdays complacences.

i heard some faggot say it was supposed to represent weed
idk, southpark is ham fisted and dumb now

But "remember feeling safe" was said in the context of "remember no Mexicans?" - all of which was long before Trump. They appeal to the inner xenophobe of them regardless of Trump.

I don't think Trump built his campaign off of fear, though.

I mean have you seen his rallies? They were full of positivity. Everything was all about how "tremendous" the people there were, and how everything was going "great". His slogan was "Make America Great Again", not "America is fucked if you don't vote for me."

There are heavy parallels to Obama's movement in 2008.

If anything, Hillary incited fear. Fear that Trump winning would mean we'd be pawn of Russia, we'd go to war, he'd tear apart families, and destroy America.

I never mentioned Hitler, you did. But if that's where your mind went to without me even saying his name then is there any denial that the similarities are so salient?

The truth is the rust belt voted him in.

Wisconsin on through to Pennsylvania decided maybe Trump will hold companies accountable for shipping off jobs.

Which is ironic because shilldawg's no fly zones in syria would have kicked off ww3 for sure whereas drumpfbreh will just relax with jewtin and not start a world war for the next 4 years unless the kikes pull off some major false flag and tank the economy as a result

Because that's the narrative the left has been pushing since they realized he was a legitimate contender? That's all it's been.
You'd think by limiting immigration and deporting illegals he'd said he was going to round up all the kikes and shoot them in Times Square.

The Clinton campaign was one of fear, while Trump's was actually positive, which is why he won.

Negative campaigns almost NEVER work, especially when you're a crazy person who wants to fight Russia. It's important to remember that Clinton didn't just lose voters, but Trump actually flipped counties.

Some of that was because of Xenophobia, of course, but it was mostly because he was actually promising the middle class things could get better, while Clinton told them to deal with being poor and jobless and also please be aware of your privilege.

That's where his mind went, because the Media's been calling Trump Hitler for the past year and a half.

Trump's pretty dissimilar from Hitler, honestly, being a socially liberal, economic conservative to Hitler's socially conservative economic liberal self.

That's just silliness.

Republicans have a solid voterbase of around 60 million for the last three elections. The DNC just failed to rally more support than that.

>Xenophobia
>Xenophobe

The buzzwords of the 20th and 21st century. KYS

I know we've been going there, but how could people be so delusional to think Trump would start mad shit when Hillary wanted to get at Russia just for those leaked emails.

The Media said he managed to boost turnout in rural areas, enough to offset Blue County turnout.

Her voter turnout was down from Obama, the red vote was up.

Didn't stop Cali from winning her the popular vote. Honestly, there's such a huge disparity in the Voting patterns in California that it should do a split EC, like Maine.

If you're a republican in California, you have like no voice

>the media is responsible for the comparisons to Hitler
>it isn't immediately apparent to anyone with a cursory understanding of history that they both communicated with monosyllabic shouts coupled with big showey hand gestures, scapegoated entire groups of people who had little to no representation to refute any of those accusations, and promises to return their respective nations to a former greatness

>WEZ BEIN PERSECUTED!
They're criminals, not US citizens you dumb faggot.

Comparing the right to Hitler/Nazism is a pathetic, last-ditch attempt by the left to smear someone who hurt their feefees rather than actual racism more often than not. This is a good example.

Because people don't think.

Trump and Hillary said the same thing about ISIS, no boots on the ground in Syria, yet Trump is the war monger, despite advocating for peace with Russia.

Hillary was literally a warhawk who wanted to start a war America spent 50 years trying to avoid because Russia was mean to her. And she's the Candidate of Peace.

Russia may have a shitty Government, and so may Syria, but when the REAL Hitler was romping around we worked with Stalin, who was worse than Putin, Assad, and Maybe even Hitler himself, to stop him.

People have no self awareness anymore

saged for Sup Forumsitical bullshit

It's pretty fucking hamfisted of them to try to pretend this is all "nostalgia", when America used to be a nice white country....
But I know they are cucks & one of them is a jew, so I won't blame them too much for being disgusting virtue signallers.

Michigan & Pennsylvania haven't voted for a republican president since Bush Sr. That's 45 electoral college points swung in Trumps favor. That alone gave him this election.

Anyone else get the feeling that there was supposed to be some big resolution when Trump inevitably lost, and now the whole season is totally fucked (not that it wasn't before)?

It ain't a crime to be white you mother fucker, nor is it morally wrong for whites to have their own country.
If they wanted representation then they can go to places where THEY are the majority

To be fair, you're both right, Trump managed to strike a nerve with the white-working class, stealing votes in the most crucial swing states, while simultaneously holding onto the Republican base. It was a narrow and calculated victory that was predicated on flipping key demographics.

Well then when are you going on your crusade to take back Europe?

I thought it was just nostalgia, because each person was at least kind of different as far as I know. Randy's member berries started complaining about spics I think.

Yes. They didn't even bother making 2 episodes they edited the fuck out if the shillary victory one. It shows.

They put all their eggs in one basket. I don't think the rest of the season is going to be any good.

when was it nice, user?

He just told you; when it was white.

Go look at pictures from before the shitskin influx
People wore suits
the country was white
Women weren't sluts
Birth rates were well above replacement
Paradise

i'm asking specifically

the 20's

>All these alt-right buzzwords

Sure look rational and impartial there kid

>Women weren't sluts
Women were always sluts. I'm not even memeing, women are drawn to "invaders". Look at either World War to see how women go out of their way to conspire with the enemy nations once they start occupying.

>hurr durr it's pointless nostalgia to want to remember being safe

>durr hurr, get used to feeling afraid goyim! It's current year now!

I fucking hate Matt and Trey. Fuck them and fuck this show. .

>media calls him the next hitler
>claims he is a warmonger who will start ww3 if elected
>says he hates blacks, gays, trans, mexicans and women
>says rounding up illegals is literally the same as the nazis rounding up jews
>has gotten everyone so worked up that we now have people rioting in the streets, having mental breakdowns and clogging up suicide prevention hotlines

yeah but Trump is the fear monger

I think he meant hookup culture wasn't a thing.

We were riding high after WWII. There was no one to compete with. Europe was into us for big money. Japan was decimated. China & India were a joke. It wasn't going to last. Not at those levels.

Oh, okay then yeah.

you're literally retarded. you should be euthanized

How quickly things can change.

Eat shit you worthless fucking cunt.

>hurr durr he insulted muh talking poopie show!

Stay mad, cunt.

kys

Oh heaven forbid I don't look impartial. Would never want to look like I have an opinion.

yes, it is truly odd what happened after the middle class was eradicated.

What are you going to do about it?

Tender butthurt.

>the comparison's are totally warranted!
>I mean do you see the guy! he actually speaks with passion! literally just like hitler

kys any time now sweetheart

They learned to live with the ads.

Ding ding ding , Hillary supporters on Sup Forums are seriously pathetic

I think illegal immigration is bullshit and everything too but overall crime is down and it's now safe in america than it ever has been in the past 40-50 years so the whole "remember feeling safe?" thing really is nothing more than nostalgia.

overall crime is not down, its just going more unreported, and criminals are getting longer sentences.

It's still far higher than it was in the 50's and early 60's when it spiked up.

Going by crime rates is also pure dogshit, because when people take precautions then crimes don't happen. How many tens of millions of people have white flighted out of areas ruined by mass immigration?

We also had stronger unions back then. I doubt that will be a republican platform in the coming months.

Unions have only themselves to blame for that

>overall crime is down

Are you insane? Crime is as high as ever. A lot of cops just aren't reporting crimes anymore because it's "Racist" to do so. Just like how cops in Europe no longer go into non-white areas because it's too unsafe and doing their jobs would give them negative press.

>people want that because all Trump does is incite fear

>illegals have been killing Americans one way or the other before Trump
>Muslims killed bunch of gays in Florida and not to mention France
>9/11
>People are afraid because of Trump

>safer than it has ever been
and yet cities like chicago and detroit, ENTIRE CITIES, are tearing themselves apart and it's common knowledge that they're dangerous.

>racism and trump's popularity is a product of nostalgia
south park's social commentary has never been particularly subtle or intelligent, but this is just fucking stupid.

funny thing is memberberries is one of the few things in this season that actually constitutes as satire. everything else is just matt and trey desperately trying to shoehorn in current events without any kind of satirical deconstruction.

season 20 is a new low and i don't think south park is ever going to recover.

>but overall crime is down
Lol, maybe in the white areas, it doesn't even matter what the socio-economic status of the area is.

This is literally head canon tier nonsense

>ALL OF CHICAGO IS A WARZONE
Its literally just the shitty black areas where gangbangers are murdering each other
It's not 70s era Times Square

It's not
"Dont snitch" is serious business for blacks
And cops in a LOT of areas do not record minor crime when its done by non-whites.

>Its literally just the shitty black areas where gangbangers are murdering each other
This is also true of Detroit, that doesn't make it any better.

If your city has gang warzones, it's not good

>>>it isn't immediately apparent to anyone with a cursory understanding of history that they both communicated with monosyllabic shouts coupled with big showey hand gestures, scapegoated entire groups of people who had little to no representation to refute any of those accusations, and promises to return their respective nations to a former greatness

Gotta love liberals. Wanting stricter border control and immigration law followed is making illegals "scapegoats"

Why don't you go take it up with Obama who has deported more people than any other president in history. I guess comparison with Hitler are totally fair in his case too right?

>Its literally just the shitty black areas where gangbangers are murdering each other
oh, right, I'm sorry. avoid entire sections of your city because they're a battleground for armed criminals. that better?

IT's not head canon, it's true. Look at France for example, they have actual "no-go" zones where the Police don't actually go to because it can be so dangerous.

“Of course there are no-go zones in France where the police cannot intervene and do their jobs in safety,”

“And it’s the same for fire fighters or pretty much any representative of the state.”

Direct quote from a French cop.

>Why don't you go take it up with Obama who has deported more people than any other president in history. I guess comparison with Hitler are totally fair in his case too right?

This too:
>Trump is hitler wanting to deport people OK.
Well Obama is already doing this in record num-
>YOU CAN'T DEPORT MILLION OF PEOPLE THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE

New York, too.

fuck drumpf hopefully some angry mexican will assasinate him

It's not like Judge Dredd or Kowloon Walled City
If you're not a gang member you're basically fine tbqh, like any major city

No welfare was around then, welfare basically fucked over everything, made everyone lazy, ruined morals and religion.

I don't wanna be "that Sup Forums guy" but to me the berries represented the jews. The way they talked sounded just likes Kyle's sickly cousin, listen to them say "faaantastick" especially. Plus we all know the jews have been living in the past since they were kicked from their promised land and centre their enter existence around getting back to those days. Just sayin.

Most states are mostly red. California's the problem, because it has so many votes.

Actually, come to think of it, is there a SINGLE state that's mostly blue?

Massachusetts is 100% blue

>welfare ruined morals, religion and made people lazy.

You heard it here folks.

I think its more than just that

I think a very important part of things is SELF-EMPLOYMENT/rural-ish living, and the morals/culture that come from that.

Could also be exposure to environmental toxins

Yeah, that's the issue. The electoral college is broken because democrats can just focus on the densely populated blue areas, which are less than 5% of the entire state, but win the entire state.

I really feel like the popular vote would work better sometimes but if that was the case Trump would have lost so I guess I'm happy for once.

Damn elite Intellectuals

>I guess I'm happy for once

If the popular vote were really the decision, Trump may have won anyway. I bet there's easily 400k Republicans in California and New York who just never vote.

It was damn close, even with CA and NY

Like the other user said, Massachusetts is completely blue. I think Vermont and Connecticut were very close. The case with New York is that NYC outnumbers the rest of the state, which is actually quite big.

>Trump/Garrison's campaign was centered around returning things back to how great they were before in "our" hayday.

Except that's not true. "Make America Great Again" as a slogan certainly is designed to make you think about when america was greatest to you - the ambiguity is intentional so that every individual can think back on it personally - however trump's case to be president was far wider than just a nostalgia slogan

the creators thought people liked trump because of 80s nostalgia. they were very wrong since it was mostly people sick of liberalism and the political machine

it really doesnt make sense to me

Was it? I agree with you when you say its broad enough to where every individual can related to their own "great" times.

Look at a country like glorious Nippon, no welfare system in place and it's one of the safest, cleanest countries around with a continuing thriving economy.

>drain the swamp
>bring back jobs
>negotiate better trade deals
>I'm not hillary

None of these things are strictly tied to a past era of american history, but they're the key things trump sold himself on in the final months

If you had two brain cells to run together, you'd see some parallels off of Hitler (and Mussolini) in how they wanted to "bring their country back to power". Communism was a big part to grow fascism, but Germany was pretty butt hurt about the Jews (After Jews put the gerries on lockdown after that whole world war thing). Hitler joined up with a party that was looking for an expulsion of "undesirables", and used the country's poor standing after losing ww1 as a catalyst to make Germany/Italy great again. Watch some of Hitler's speeches (which I imagine you have, but that's just to be a cool MAGA supporter, amirite?) and you'll see more than "passion" matching up.

ITT: triggered losers

>member berries represent
they represent the shilling of a show that has aged well beyond its prime
>Douche Park

It sort of annoyed me how they would always just bring up Star Wars stuff until they revealed it was all Abrams' doing.

it's Matt and Trey's way of making south park immune to criticism
if you say the old seasons were better, they just use the memberberries to counter you