You guys are honestly really stupid. you know what an alpha IS, right??

you guys are honestly really stupid. you know what an alpha IS, right??
an alpha is not a set of physical traits. it is not nice abs, or a deep voice, or a cleft chin. in nature -- and nature is relevant, especially for the origin of the word and concept, and because we are animals, too -- in nature, alphas have access to resources. that is it. they "own the means of production," if you will. it has nothing to do with physical strength, or violence, or arrogance. in fact, confidence may be the downfall of an alpha, if that confidence clouds their minds enough that they disregard their ownership of resources.
essentially, in our society, there are a multitude of ways that one can be an "alpha," but none of them involve puffing out your chest or saying you're better than you are. not that being healthy isn't important, but it doesn't matter all that much, in terms of being an "alpha," if you're so desperate for power. me? I'm fine being what I am -- just a fucking guy.
but, anyhow, you can own a lot of different resources. you could be quite socially adept; this is one of the most powerful forms of "alpha"-ing, since being social allows us access to resources we may not otherwise be able to even imagine, and yes, people respond to this and value it, a lot. being socially flexible, assertive, gentle, kind, and empathetic is actually quite a key element of modern-day "alpha"-ness, because it means that you, a single person, have the keys to the resources of many, many individuals and share in that so-called "power" because of it.
you could also have a lot of money. for obvious reasons, having a lot of money gives credence to resource availability. you can own a business -- food or water businesses, in particular, because those are our primary resources -- or you could be a real estate agent, especially if you're higher-up. anything attached to necessity, anything that makes you a key to a larger portion of resource -- that is the actual meaning of being an "alpha."

Attached: 1483813318582.jpg (1280x1749, 521K)

bumping with random sexy pics from various Sup Forums folders so u fuckers can learn some shit today

Attached: 1483804787276.jpg (534x800, 61K)

Attached: 1483656852685.jpg (2448x3264, 1.6M)

Whatever you have to tell yourself

Tl;dr
alphas are a coin termed by an idiot to make money
They don't even exist in nature lol
There is no alpha wolf
The dude who decided alpha wolves exist was vehemently exiled from the biology community

that's quite literally the truth. it's not a theory, it's science. I'm living a pretty fulfilled life because of my ability to socialize.

Communism never worked and never will faggot

Attached: 3E301241-6ED2-4917-A419-8AEF93A8568D.gif (271x232, 933K)

again it's not science though it very well maybe true that confidence and social manipulation aid in a prosperous life

yeah, there's some base to that, for certain. we've found, though, that there are certain wolves that hold the alpha "function" in a pack, and those are the ones that have the most access to resources, although they don't socialize the way we imagine they do.

it.. it's science. look it up, if you don't believe me

psychology is a pseudoscience.

says the guy who has no understanding of anyone's emotional being, ever

look nigger the functions ur referring to are temporally transitive and not indicative of any singular trend it really ISNT science. It's sociology and it's exclusively applicable to humans

A few things go understand about this.

The alpha and beta thing *as we typically know it* is based on really questionable speculation, about a now thoroughly debunked wolf family unit organization.

“Type A” and “B” personalities were invented by cigarette companies as a way to explain why “some people” got heart attacks from smoking. It was to take blame off themselves.

But here’s the thing - basic observation tells us there IS something going on here.

In terms of confidence (and let’s be honest, we’re talking about success with women). The more accurate way of seeing people is that everyone has moments of “alphaness” or “betaness.” I know very few people consistently one way or the other. Sure, we all know a tiny handful of real life chads and eternal virgins, but they’re the extreme minority. Most people are just in the “big middle.” I have my moments of severe insecurity... and then moments of superhuman charisma and “Chadism.” Most guys I know are the same way.

But finally... OP is actually right. Humans are very social creatures, and studies consistently show that the number one feature that women (and men) are most attracted to is raw social power. Celebrities, captains of industry, the super wealthy... they will always be the biggest chads and Staceys of them all.

this guy gets it. my thoughts, exactly. thank you for the clarification, user

Bitch this is what I just said

>isnt science
>is sociology
laffing

no it's not! you disagreed entirely

Well put but OP is a retard.

Nobody here thinks being alpha is simply looking good. We are all shut ins and we understand full well that it's more about the personality and vibe you exude more than anything

This