*opens thesaurus*

*opens thesaurus*

Other urls found in this thread:

genius.com/1692038
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

horus' pores enormous dinosaurs megastores the napoleonic wars

i inflate to migrate from the state of haters that got more bite than alligators

Wow so much creativity!!@@

i'm a spiritual miracle lyrical individual

one more book than you've ever read

Holy shit OP BTFO

magistrate the apostate prostrate on the woven rugs of the parish perish peons' peonies in the padiddle

>drops the best album of 2016

Since he just strings random words together with no regard for meaning the thesaurus is beyond his requirements. More likely
>flips to random page in dictionary

This meme about Aesop not making sense is tired. I don't understand how you could actively defend such a position when that Genius site exists. Just mosey on down there. It's not rocket science. I don't find MF Doom any more accessible than Aesop personally, and am grateful for his music because I've begun to realize how boring many other beloved artists are. My ears perk up at the novelty and complexity in Aesop's rhymes. At least it's not plain is I guess what I'm saying.

>complexity
>aesop

I'll highlight one example:

Kill the populace for stability, jeopardy's a stickler
It's bob and weave amalgam played the falcon to your fixture

Sure, it's not perfect. The first line is kinda weird or whatever, but the punchline in the second line is pretty hilarious and if you can't see it I feel bad for you user. It's that sort of line that makes rap worthwhile, and whoever can write like that deserves some props, at least.

>I have the vocabulary of an infant and am threatened by people who can speak English properly.

abstract nutsack catching flak from Jack black in a crack

Explain it then.

this

Go here: genius.com/1692038

There was a typo regarding the top line there though, but killing the populace for stability, I dunno, use your imagination? Rap's not really known for being deep or something, just take it for what it is.

*opens thesaurus*

Populace for stability is a pretty straightforward line, at least you acknowledge that it isn't deep

What Aes does is write about his life and perspective but he does it through metaphors, analogies and references so it can be more broadly interpreted.
Who cares about anecdotes and hot takes? But taking them and putting them in a cryptic frame of reference let's the listener reapply them and as such gives them a wider value. He's gotten really literal as of late though and I haven't been into it - not that I ever spent time decrypting his lyrics before.

what's worse, thesaurus or ghost writers

Shitposters who can't properly punctuate

All lyricists do this right?

This is a cool theory. Why do all of Nas's efforts beyond Illmatic bore me to tears? You might say because of this. It's not snappy enough, or rather it's subject matter is not as all-encompassing. Hmmm.

Universally that person's acumen is esteemed very little perceptive concerning whatsoever matters are being held as most profitable by mortals with sapience endowed to be studied who is ignorant of that which the most in doctrine erudite and certainly by reason of that in them high mind's ornament deserving of veneration constantly maintain when by general consent they affirm that other circumstances being equal by no exterior splendour is the prosperity of a nation more efficaciously asserted than by the measure of how far forward may have progressed the tribute of its solicitude for that proliferent continuance which of evils the original if it be absent when fortunately present constitutes the certain sign of omnipollent nature's incorrupted benefaction. For who is there who anything of some significance has apprehended but is conscious that that exterior splendour may be the surface of a downwardtending lutulent reality or on the contrary anyone so is there inilluminated as not to perceive that as no nature's boon can contend against the bounty of increase so it behoves every most just citizen to become the exhortator and admonisher of his semblables and to tremble lest what had in the past been by the nation excellently commenced might be in the future not with similar excellence accomplished if an inverecund habit shall have gradually traduced the honourable by ancestors transmitted customs to that thither of profundity that that one was audacious excessively who would have the hardihood to rise affirming that no more odious offence can for anyone be than to oblivious neglect to consign that evangel simultaneously command and promise which on all mortals with prophecy of abundance or with diminution's menace that exalted of reiteratedly procreating function ever irrevocably enjoined?

Yeah, it's little things like that that make the difference between exciting and mediocre. I can't stand Kozelek for much the same reason.
It's a good idea to consider the creative processes of creators sometimes - it can open up ways of looking at work that can redeem (or discredit) anything.

Peeking doubt hides itself like the meeting of freedom, free the dumb and enslave the intelligent
I insult Einstein by introducing the notion of irrelevance

CAT HAT HAT CAT LMAO SO DEEP BRO LE EPIC