/daily/ - ukrainian qts edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/shuttle358/frame/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/matthewdavid/disk-ii-1/
rateyourmusic.com/film_collection/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/r0.5-5.0
youtu.be/0FZjDos2hRk
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/inglinga/девочка-в-сером-платьеце/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/yarn/yarn-1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/світлана-няньо-олександр-юрченко/лiсова-колекцiя-lisova-kolekciya/
youtu.be/XKeI1xbJNtw?t=13m54s
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/manorexia/the-radiolarian-ooze/
youtube.com/watch?v=fMMmFp6_8Xw&index=8&list=PLylPyGLRdC1oq896QJ63AiCkXpHO2cJkK
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/luc-ferrari/heterozygote-petite-symphonie/
youtube.com/watch?v=6YWWWOALPJs
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/戴晓莲/lart_de_la_cithare_qin/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/祝融/火神之怒__zhurongs_anger_/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/milo/who-told-you-to-think​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​/
youtube.com/watch?v=HgUJtLh1MaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/gaily/

second for WRONG

(fish)
there are a lot of soundtracks i love in video games that i can't stand on its own.
i can only think of a few that work well both in and out of context, and hotline miami is more of a compilation than anything.
(nat)
they have a lot of weirdly titled albums so to be clear, it's the untitled record from 2010 with weed on the cover.

It's like if Pogo decided to make an actual decent album not oversaturated in nostalgia

fuck

You mean rightful Russian clay qts?

u forgot ur pepe

Plunderphonic/sample based albums are always so good to relisten to, you always find something different

I like that mu-nuversity thing last thread
However
Needs to have John Balance listed as a gymnastics coach

>the guy who made astral weeks also did brown eyed girl
how did i not know this until today

banger after banger on that one.
i think the only pogo song i've liked of the few i've heard was weirdly enough the trump one. the rest felt boring.

Is it me or does Iggy Pop especially on The Idiot sound loads like Mr. Garrison? I can't take the album seriously at all.

Halfway through this, it's fcukign good so far. Fills my ambient heart with joy.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/shuttle358/frame/

A recc for the recc
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/matthewdavid/disk-ii-1/

holy shit something from Accel that I actually like!

haha yes

I forgot how good Felix Laband is.
Also I'm getting into Kodak Black now.
Also, are there any Fever Ray songs even close to as good as "to the moon and back"?

rateyourmusic.com/film_collection/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/r0.5-5.0
hey i'm rating movies now. really just rating stuff i like atm. pick some stuff that i might like if u wish.

>Ulaan Passerine - The Great Unwiding
Last track is a clear example of what I expect to find when I face a "Free folk" album with a structure like this one (album composed by just a few long tracks). Fortunately it goes beyond that on the first side, there isn't a minute where it leaves you alone thinking "where is this going?" but demanding your full attention on the beauty of its instrumentation and the somewhat dark atmosphere around it.

also considering dropping the whole august gimmick and going back through, rating stuff i've heard before then. i won't change the name though. i will never change the name.

Oh boy

if only a band that wasn't totally boring would be so prolific

I really enjoyed FMB, and if they've gotta release like 12 lame albums a year in order to hit the mark on 1, that's fine with me

>that The Comedy rating
My man

Good edition.
youtu.be/0FZjDos2hRk

You could just say it's short for "Stuff Rod Heard After Augustus"

i've tried to be better to people around me after watching it. it's really a horror movie above all else.
~StuffRodHeardAfter(TheDeathOf)August(usIn14AD)

Absolutely. It's even worse when you see those kind of people irl. Just go to Brooklyn.

Have you watched Hausu? I feel that would be right up your ally.

new york seems like a hellscape i want to get into. need to get up there some time.
nope, but it's on my radar. only seen a few clips. looks like my kinda thing.

>fuck pigs
delete this right now

morning~ hope you're all well. i'm housesitting 2 dogs and three cats this week, which means lots of lounging around on a strange couch studying on a laptop and listening to music.

carl craig // more songs about food and revolutionary art
droney, bouncy. songs with lots of basic-ass claps sound like high school musical to me and there are a few of them on here. it's like being at one of those happy clubs where everybody drinks and has goals. a lot of care has been put into the production but it there aren't many interesting ideas underpinning the songs.

t++ // wireless
apart from the first track, this is a fantastic album. dense, brooding.. can get annoying at times but i really dig the vibe created here. anyi is a standout.

have you seen the new world? i think you might enjoy it :)
have you seen dead ringers? i think you might also enjoy it :)

What's wrong with the first track? It's probably tied with Anyi for my favorite.

It's a fun place. I'd recommend it.

tfw leonard cohen is exactly as good as people claim him to be

can't grab a hold of it, and the tone of the squelching makes me a little uneasy. i paused it without thinking a couple of times because it was making me anxious - maybe i'm just not good with off-kilter beats.

shutout to all the weirdos in rathmines gets better and better the more i listen to it, makes me think of airports and boardroom meetings.

prolly better tbqhwufam

shoutout*

Hey guys, I have been lurking here for a while now and I thought I would try the whole trip thing and see how it goes. Could I get some recs to put a chart together?

have you heard my so long marianne story?

ooo good shit

you heard any Ween?

i dont think so...

Heard Mollusk and thought it was great, thats about as far as I've gone though.

Shit, were you just looking for bleeps? I must have missed that. You can skip that album I gave you, it's about as far from bleeps as humanly possible.

In the spirit of the thread theme, check these out (will also serve as your induction into the world of meme urls):
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/inglinga/девочка-в-сером-платьеце/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/yarn/yarn-1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/світлана-няньо-олександр-юрченко/лiсова-колекцiя-lisova-kolekciya/

listen to Bryter Layter by Nick Drake, I gurantee you'll love it

it's the worst. nice to meet you :)

indian summer // science
cap'n jazz - shmap'n shmazz

check rym dms

ah cool. What exactly are you looking for?

Have you heard of Fishmans? Long Season is an album every single trip here loves it's their favorite I swear

(I'm just kidding most everyone here thinks it's overrated to different degrees but most people like it to some capacity)

(it's really good pop music. If you like SILY and Pet Sounds I can't imagine you disliking it)

So I have heard, I've listened the long season and 98.12.28 plus the other essential fishmans records, loved them all

hi listen to these
Paddy McAloon - I Trawl the MEGAHERTZ
CHI - The Original Recordings
Lakker - Tundra

okay

okay

okay

okay

have you heard Boces by Mercury Rev

is that the one with the boobs

That I have not, it's been in the backlog for a while now. Added to the chart!

(Make sure to listen to the 2017 mastering of Lisova Kozelekciya, it's much better)

fuck yeah

:3

Go back to Portugal

>Long Season is an album every single trip here loves

[citation needed]

here u go

this desu

only a 4.5 on my RYM

It is Jangle's second favorite album (after Hot Rats), after all

Wasn't planning on reviewing any of these, but this chart could use some high scores.

>Telefon Tel Aviv - Fahrenheit Fair Enough
I still think that Immolate Yourself is more interesting with its vocals and anxious atmosphere, but this one is more consistently enjoyable. The warmer, more organic approach with elements of downtempo works nicely with the traditional glitch IDM percussion. I'm definitely looking forward to Map of What Is Effortless to hear any clues as to how their style changed so dramatically.
4.0-

>David Sylvian - Secrets of the Beehive
The A-side is very enjoyable in a nondescript kind of way, but as soon as When Poets Dreamed of Angels starts with its new age-ass acoustic guitar I was hooked. And of course I'm a total sucker for Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, so the final track came as a pleasant surprise.
4.0-

>Michael Hedges - Aerial Boundaries
The acoustic guitar on that one song was such a dead ringer for what I heard on Torched that I had to listen to this right after. Honestly you could just put the Fahrenheit Fair Enough review here with Torched in place of Immolate Yourself and it'd be pretty accurate. It's just a solid album, not much else I can say.

Lil Peep just died. Are you ready for the new Kurt?

wtf this sucked

tfw Accel and I finally agree on something

you are still an enigma to me

people think it's good but that's wrong :^>

it's bad.

vacuums tend to do that

Daikanjyo is essential

honestly tru youtu.be/XKeI1xbJNtw?t=13m54s

i feel like i should be ashamed of how many dozens of hours ive spent reading scp articles over the last couple years
but nah
worth it

scp is half interesting /x/-esque stuff that I'm a sucker for and half colossal autism.

wish I'd discovered it before lets players made it popular though.

Ran thoughts pending

the fritzwilliam reveal 2 years or so ago was a shock
drama of varying amounts definitely happened after the whole fishmonger incident
Mann is based

lets players made it popular?
i think i started reading it after This Exists did an episode on it
never kept up on the "community" or anything though, just would read random articles and sometimes get into one of those tangents where you open up every article related to the church of the broken god and end up reading like 50 in a day

>lets players made it popular?
Containment Breach brought in the biggest wave of people, including me, and a lot of younger kids trying to write one paragraph articles with no sense of grammar or sentence structure whatsoever. I think that's what the site's age limit came from, plus the possibility of an overprotective parent suing

was basically gonna say a bunch of people made it more popular screaming over the video of the game based on scp in the advent of lets plays becoming popular on the internet in the post-forum age

ngl I wasn't expecting Lil Peep to go

I'm now learning about all the drugs he did and now I feel silly about my previous post

Read The Wire this morning, Emu Lehtinen died. Sad. He had one of the coolest record stores in Europe :(

Also Yamir, I checked the archives and you’re posting gay shit about Haino, stop, gonna send Scorpions to Puerto Rico and they’re gonna rock you like a hurricane once more.

Not much of value was lost imo

Гeлик made me hate life for a minute

I'm listening to his latest album right now.

It's not good, but I honestly think that he had potential.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/manorexia/the-radiolarian-ooze/

>Alright, so we get an orchestra, right
>get a bunch of them experimental electronics, some loops, static shit, the works
>we have the orchestra play some of that nintendo boss battle music the kind the kids like
>and THEN we'll drop the fuckin beat on them

youtube.com/watch?v=fMMmFp6_8Xw&index=8&list=PLylPyGLRdC1oq896QJ63AiCkXpHO2cJkK

Round 1 is complete!

Jake was wonderful and altogether a very pleasant listen. Same goes for Mary, but sections of "Collected Pieces" were off-time and it was a bit annoying.

Need recs for round 2 pls. Still 2017 only.

Oh wait mine isn't 2017
I don't really stand a chance with swans but here
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/luc-ferrari/heterozygote-petite-symphonie/

>I don't really stand a chance with swans but here
I'm not the biggest fan of recent Swans output, so you have a chance.

>Recorded 1974
:'^) I guess I should have been more specific.

Album that is an album of the year 2017, not just released in 2017. Live albums are accepted, but compilations are on the border.

Will still check both of your recs out though, Won is cool and Luc is one of my favorite electroacoustic fellas.

Wait I'm dumb, Won James actually IS 2017 I though it want for some reason
But yeah that Luc album was something else

dude... what was that.

dw about it, 'tis but a pixel. i listened to it:

kaзмa-kaзмa // Пляcки tpyбaдypoв
it's like the tiger lilies and jethro tull were mixed together with something actually good (and also ukrainian). when it gets really jangly and and agro like a DNA record i like it a lot. the rest of the time, it's ok. would probably be able to appreciate it more if i spoke ukrainian, but that's my shortcoming. i blame my dad.

aphex twin // soundcloud releases
this disparate group of recordings stretches all the way from the highest of aphex highs down to some of the most useless songs he's released. serves to show how many small experiments and dead ends are behind astonishing album-released songs like 'rhubarb' and 'mt saint michel + st michael's mount' that seem to appear out of thin air. some really great tracks in this collection. here's a shortlist:

Actual songs: 14 make a baby, 23 lush acid, 28 organ epic, luke vibert sprial staircase, medievil rave mk2, avril altdelay, 34 ibiza spliffs

Also good: hilo, 39 fnkmg, 19 ssnb, 18 with my family, 2 ∂ƒx 126b, 11 early morning clissold, 6 fly beats, 4 red calx(slo), 5 strange rhythm, d15-10 dulcimer dub,

Heck, it's hard to find good music from China...

Anybody got any?

youtube.com/watch?v=6YWWWOALPJs

Ghost Bath

Jk but:
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/戴晓莲/lart_de_la_cithare_qin/

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/祝融/火神之怒__zhurongs_anger_/

We all know you watch that Haino nude pic everyday since yam got it ;)

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/milo/who-told-you-to-think​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​_​/

Jens Lekman- life will see you now

Please list for me every release you know which sounds like this song youtube.com/watch?v=HgUJtLh1MaA or has similar stylings.

rec for new chart yes hallo

I'll start back up listenalong if no-one else will.

Who wants in?
-Need a trip
-Need to participate in others' listenalongs too

Forest Swords - Compassion

loren conners // hell's kitchen park

is a listenalong exactly what i think it is or is there some extra magic to this? :/

It wasnt that great before the explosion in popularity either, lots of bad fanfic tier writing stuck around cause of site circlejerk. Honestly I'd say atm its better moderated then ever even though its harder to dig through all of it to find the good stuff.

Mighty Baby - s/t

Someone picks an album nobody here has heard every weekend and everyone listens to it and reviews it on their own time

Ikue Mori - Hex Kitchen