Well?

well?

Attached: image.jpg (1247x884, 181K)

the cup is 2 dollars

wrong.

the cup is 2 dollars and 50 cents

$0.25 and $2.25

this is old people facebook wall post. fuck you user the math required is middle school at most

Wait a second, any non disposable cup that you're intended to keep would cost more than that, and a disposable cup would cost less. What kind of cup is this? Nothing makes sense.

I was going to say elementary

Youd be surprised at how many people get this wrong. I just made it from scratch, no kikebook shit

You can't work it out from the information you are given dummy.

The cup could cost $1 $2 $5 $100
WHO KNOWS?

You can. The coffee inside the cup is 2 dollars less than the cup. Both are 2.50. So how much is the cup worth?

If it means how much does the cup cost vs the coffee in the cup it’s $2.25
If it’s means the cup of coffee by coffee the second statement then the cup is $4.50

x + y = 2.5
x - y = 2

x = 2 + y

(2 + y) + y = 2.5
2 + 2y = 2.5
2y = 0.5
y = 0.25

4.50 is the only right answer. If you say any other answer you are fucking retarded.

Wrong. Try again you fucking aspie.

The image doesn't state anything that leads you to know the price of a cup, it only states a value relative to a value you know

You're not paying for the cup, idiot.

most restaurants charge people $2 - $3 for a soda from a fountain the syrup comes from a giant box in hooked up to the machine that feeds it.

the soda water that gives it the carbonation is fed through the fountain itself. the syrup costs .75 cents a shot and each shot is about a table spoon.

each time you buy a soda you are basically paying for someone to give you a glass of carbonated water. learned this after 5 years of working at a restaurant and it pisses me off every time i go out to eat.

the phrasing coupled with the picture is confusing.

I thought that the shop was giving you a ceramic cup with coffee in it and charged 2.50. Since you obviously don't get to keep the cup, then the coffee is 2.50. So, the cup since you're interested in its price should be 4.50.

but i probably didn't understand it right

you're retarded. let me finish it for you since you obviously need it.

y = 0.25
x = 2.25

yeah sure but why would you ever do it like that

x+y=2.5
x-y=2
2x=.5
x=.25
y=2.25

$2.50
-------
.50 easy

>each time you buy a soda you are basically paying for someone to give you a glass of carbonated water.

Wrong.

You're paying for someone to seat you at a table, ask what you want, treat you with respect when they do it, and carry your drink to you while you sit on your fat disgusting ass.

If you had worked in a restaurant you would know this you fucking pig.

coffee

I paid 40$ for this, did I get ripped off?

Wrong again. Holy shit you don't even see your mistake, lol.

if you have x-y=2 then that requires x to be 2.25 and y to be .25

I don't know what you did to get 2x=0.5 but it's wrong

all wrong.

Clearly this is a reading comprehension problem, not a math problem.

No, drink your coffee

i'll just steal the cup

so you mean is correct? It's a poorly worded question

0.25 aka 1/4

No, I'm right, and you're wrong

Wtf that is some cheap ass coffee

no thats what the tip is for, its how you say "thanks for putting up with me shoveling food into my face and hearing me bitch about how nothing you brought me is good and how everything you've done with your life up to now fucking matters."

thats why when people dont tip you get treated like shit next time you come in, the remaining 2.25- 3.25 is to pay the immigrants in the back and keep them in line from calling OSHA for having such an unsafe work environment.

>It's a poorly worded question
If OP thinks that is a correct answer, it's a very poorly written question

cup + coffee = 2,50
coffee = cup - 2
cup = coffee + 2

coffee + 2 + coffee = 2,50
2*coffee = 0,50
coffee = 0,50 / 2
coffee = 0,25

cup = coffee + 2
cup = 0,25 + 2
cup = 2,25

>the remaining 2.25- 3.25 is to pay the immigrants in the back and keep them in line from calling OSHA for having such an unsafe work environment.

alright well you've definitely worked in a restaurant

I believe everything is in order here

Attached: answer.png (941x533, 33K)

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

How can you be this retarded? Seriously? Were you dropped on your fucking head?

no u

Actually it the first line should be

coffee = 2.50

You're not charged for the cup, so it's value is unknown until you're told that it is worth 2$ more than the coffee.

a cup is 2.50

$4.50

Attached: giphy (3).gif (350x268, 1.25M)

it says that the coffee costs 2 less then the cup and that the coffee + the cup is 2,50, what do you mean

2.50 ?

The fuck is with all these equations? It's $4.50.

The coffee was $2.50 and the cup is $2 more than the coffee.

Attached: 1377568222076.gif (310x325, 1.94M)

When you buy a cup of coffee, you're only paying the price for the liquid. You don't get the actual cup.

So when it says "a cup of coffee costs 2.50" that actually is only referring to the liquid itself not he container it is in.

Attached: y6wcume8k08m.jpg (1280x1396, 231K)

For simplicity, say the cup is x and coffee is y

y + 2 = x
x + y = 2.50
Substitute x with y + 2
y + y + 2 = 2.50
2y + 2 = 2.50
2y = 0.5
y = 0.25

Coffee is $0.25, cup is $2.25

well, i was assuming that when OP says 'a cup of coffee' he means the cup + the coffee, the problem i no longer math here, its about interpretation

>i was assuming that when OP says 'a cup of coffee' he means the cup + the coffee
In what world do you order food/beverages and then get to keep the utensils and dishware?

Attached: 18_ymoOvzI.jpg (1280x1272, 219K)

People are dumb. You're letting the words confuse the math. The fact that it's a "cup of coffee" means nothing. Remove that part.

A Coffee cost $2.50

The Coffee cost $2.00 less than
the Cup.

How much is the Cup?

$4.50!

Attached: micdropbitch.gif (300x300, 1.5M)

About $3.50

mcdonalds

A cup of coffee costs $2.50 total.
That's a maximum of $2.50

i wasnt seing this as a real world problem, rather a math problem, why are you picking over this

This is one of the worst phrasings I've come across regarding a math question.

if it's to go, it doesn't need to be returned

4.50. you don't buy the cup when you buy coffee in a porcelain cup.

IDK OP, but if an airplane is on a backwards treadmill that always equals the speed of the plane, can the plane take off?

God I hate whiny cunts waiters that think they deserve tips just for doing their fucking job.

Go fucking work at walmart, $12 an hour.

I wouldn't piss on you for 12$ an hour.

this isn't a math problem, it's a reading problem. it costs 2.50. it says it right there. the answer is 2.50

you're retarded and queer.

Attached: 1520148274170.jpg (432x768, 135K)

I NEVER SAID YOU BUY IT, ITS ABOUT THE VALUE HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Nor would you get a tip from me. Actually, I'd write "On Table" on the tip line of my receipt so you look for it.

32 dollars

I GOT IT RIGHT! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!! GIVE ME MY DESERVED ACCOLADES!!!!!

Attached: reaper slut.gif (512x369, 1.79M)

Attached: 1517107689011.png (2000x2000, 1.97M)

I thought we're buying coffee not cups

business major here
this question makes no sense from a business perspective.
what is included in the costs of the cup of coffee? cup, coffee, overhead, margins

missing info.

cup of coffee as a service: cup price: $4.50
cup of coffee as a good: cup price $2.00

Drop out pls.

so this is how retarded b people are .....

its 4.50.. its such an easy fucking question, but the people here are so retarded they literally cant figure it out.

Also the samefag who keeps posting 0.25 should khs

Attached: 1503854049929.png (419x398, 210K)

who is this semen demon

This. A cup of coffee is different from just coffee. $2.25 is the correct answer, anyone saying otherwise is illiterate

The cup should be free.

Attached: 5764276425.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

Damn it OP, just use Kahneman's original question and you'll get rid of idiots discussing the pricing of a real cup.

cup + coffee = 2.5
coffee = cup - 2

cup + (cup - 2) = 2.5
cup + cup - 2 = 2.5
2cup = 4.5
cup = 2.25

Attached: im just a cave man.jpg (617x480, 56K)

so if I supply my own cup, I can get 25 cent coffee?

no but you can get the fuck out of my coffee shop