Why is boxing a dying sport?

Why is boxing a dying sport?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zIW8xcWqN-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's too pure. People want variations and innovation like the UFC provides.

Too many duckings.

It's actually coming back.

Its not. TV ratings are its highest in years and PPV numbers are doing increasingly well

Brain damage

it has been dying for 100 years

Pay per view television and promoters

It's not. Americans don't watch it because their 'talents' are not good enough to compete with the rest of the world

Mate you know what's that song they play at breaks of british boxing events? The 1 that goes like "woah woah woah" during the hook?

>tap out wearing white boii detected

>corruption
>athletes are unlikeable pieces of shit
>fight game has evolved

50 belts in every weightclass and to many weightclasses. a normie would not know who the champ is if they looked it up.

nigga its been dying since the roman empire

BacauTSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It's still fairly strong, but it's basically more boring and dangerous compared to MMA.

imagine if juventus monaco athletico madrid and real madrid were allhad their individual champions league trophy and had to negotiate for them to play each other.

TOUCHING YOUUUUU

TOUCHING MEEEEEEEEE

SWEET CAROLINE

DUN DUN DUN

Too disorganized. People know of Bellator, UFC, and WSoF for setting up fights, meanwhile boxing just lumps anyone together.

Lots of Mexicans in the US.

TOUCHING UUUU TOUCHING MEEEEEE

CAROLINE CAROLINE
SHE'S THE RESON FOR THE WORD

Only among white people.

SWEET CAROLINE
TSU TSU TSUUU!
JUVE FANS CAN LICK ME BALLS.
I'VE BEEN INCLINED
TSU TSU TSUUU
TO EVEN LET THEM LICK MY DIRTY BUTT HOLE.

TOUCHING TSUUUUUUU
TOUCHING TSIIIIIII

Too many belts and weight classes
Too many promotions
Few promotable fighters

Too many ads, paper view, too much belts.
It's become more of show than a sport.

that alvarez vs jr fight really sucked.

Promoters and boxers are too faggots to really risk a belt. We are hype vaccinated

it'll be fun though when Golovkin beats him up

Yeah

no it's dead

Muh dick

Whos this beautiful white woman?

This

Stupid canelo always fighting drained fighters. That shit is going to catch up to him.

As long as there's a Mexican alive, boxing will never die.

MMA is more organized and entertaining

basically MMA, boxing is not gonna to die, but probably with the time would be a sideshow from MMA, like submission grappling and kickboxing is now to MMA.

MMA is just a more complete and natural sport.

Anni vuohijoki, a hoe that used to spot for me

also, kickboxing on america never was in the same level than boxing, now MMA is surpassing boxing, MMA is not a fad, and would be the 1# combat sport, is not like boxing is gonna to dissapear, boxing would always have fans and competition, boxing skills are kino for MMA,is just boxing would be the sideshow.

the best thing boxing can do now is accept MMA.

did you taste her ass?

This.

it causes brain damage

it's good that it's dying

Yeaa tasted like a protein shit t b q h my dude

boxing is super popular is the uk

Because it's not. You only think that because US normies have moved to MMA because the lack of a charismatic American heavyweight. Boxing is still big in latin america, UK, east europe, phillipines, japan.

When Jack Johnson became hte first negro HW champion of the world, White America and white World thought boxing had died.
Then when Dempsey retired, everyone thought boxing had died.
Then when Joe Louis lost to Schmeling, people thought boxing was dying.
When Marciano retired, everyoe thought boxing died.
When SRR retired, same fucking shit.
Then along came Ali. When he retired EVERYONE SURELY WAS FUCKING SURE BOXING DIED..

Along. Came. The 4 horseman. Duran, Hearns, Hagler, SRL

Then when that era ended people thought boxing died but Allah gave us Hopkins, Toney, RJJ, Lewis, Tyson, JCC, and so many others.

ANNNDD THENNNNNNN people thought boxing died.

But then we had hte best Asian fighter ever (Pacquiao) and one of the GOAT defensive fighters of all time in Mayweather. Fuck we even had JMM one of the best Mexican fighters of all time.

And now were in a bit of a fucking golden generation in Ward, Kovalev, Golovkin, Fury&Joshua&Klitschko&Ortiz&Wilder, Crawford, Rigondeux, Lomachenko, Canelo ,Roman Gonzales, British Boxing scene

Heck id even say Lomachenko and Rigondeux are two of the most technically gifted boxers of ALL TIME.

Pay Per View is increasing each year and global interest is expanding.

Boxing is not dying. Not now. For fuck Sake lads try harder

- fighters who wanna protect their 0
- wladimir klitschko
- clinching
- can't watch it with women
- ppv (only refers to usa and uk)
- biggest fights are in the usa and therefore at night in europe and not everyone wants to wake up at 5am to watch boxing
- german tv doesn't even show big fights

>can't watch it with women

Women don't like to watch any sports unless they think the athletes are hot.

white Americans couldn't compete so they moved to MMA

Citation needed

if there are many people they don't have a problem watching football
3-4 women have told me that they don't like boxing for the following reason: "boxers are mean because they punch other boxers in the face"
they also don't have a problem with tennis

>tfw my grandma gre up watching box

This
/thread

This. All it'll take is another half decent American boxer to break through the mainstream and it'll start shitting on MMA once again. Boxing has always been dead or dying. It's bigger globally and is still extremely profitable as a niche side sport in the US, moreso than MMA. Personally while I see the appeal of MMA on paper, I just haven't seen any fghts that have captivated me like an epic boxing match has. The second they get to the ground I lose all interest.
That said if someone shows me a good fight with two niggas standing up and trading, I'll be more than willing to watch it.

Too many belts. Simple.
If you're the UFC whatever-weight champ then you are, with very few arguments, the best guy at that weight.
If you win the Stanley Cup then your team is the best Ice Hockey team on earth.
If you win the Superb Owl then you're the best handegg team in the world.
If you win the IBF/WBO/Ring magazine(Seriously, how does a magazine have a belt?WTF boxing?) whatever-weight belt then you're one of what, 6 or 7 best guys at that weight.
Unless you unify the belts then no one knows who the champ actually is.

It needs another charismatic guy like Don King to promote it, also boxing fans need to quit having nostalgia for the late 80s and move on.

Pat Barry vs Cheick Kongo is a proper Mandingo Fight. Well worth checking out. Also Stephan Bonnar vs Forrest Griffin was a decent stand up war and is pretty much credited with saving the UFC and therefore MMA in general.

GOAT documentary

youtube.com/watch?v=zIW8xcWqN-Y

Yes it's just like NASCAR fans who can't move past Dale.

>But then we had hte best Asian fighter ever (Pacquiao) and one of the GOAT defensive fighters of all time in Mayweather

Really boring fight nobody will tell their children about

So? Both fighters have had incredible careers that we will tell our grandchildren about