Hey, does anyone here know how thick lightning is? I wonder...

Hey, does anyone here know how thick lightning is? I wonder, is it really only a few centemeters but you see it thicker due to the brightness, or is it feet wide?

Attached: 3E06EBB7-5F70-422E-802F-1567B7436CCB.jpg (1557x2336, 1.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=How thick is a lightning bolt?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no one knows. it is a mystery of god.

It's a string of single electrons dipshit. Did you graduate high school?

no

> clueless person

Dem ropes

i am watching naruto and the lightning hits them and it’s wide but that seems wrong

The main stream is just a few cm thick, the rest is I think just a flash/ heating of air. I saw it on xkcd a while back, I think it was what if a bullet got struck with lightning

It's literally god pissing plasma, so about 3/4 inch wide

Lightning doesn't have a thickness.

Lightning is energy.

The light you see are excited electrons from the energy transfer due to the potential difference between the ground and the sky in an electrical storm.

Lightning releases light across the sky supporting both arguments that lightning is infinite and lightning is nothing.

lmgtfy.com/?q=How thick is a lightning bolt?

uhh but why would I use a google search engine when I can hire Sup Forums slaves to provide good answers?

thanks guys

Here ya go. I solved a stupid captcha to give you this image instead of asking you to google it yourself. This is what crystalized lightning looks like when it hits the beach and turns glass into sand.

Attached: NP0IppT.jpg (500x423, 66K)

Lightning doesn't turn glass into sand you turd eating simpleton.
Thunder does.

There's no need to be so pedantic you fucking Autist, you knew what I meant. Normal people's brains are able to process information even when it's wrong and slightly transposed.

If you're going to be a cunt about something at least double check what you're writing m8

if you're talking about the main bolt I'd say about 5-15 feet if you measured one side of the visible bolt to the other. Since lightning moves so fast you'd have to do it on a camera and everything in measurement would be relative to the picture or whatever idk im high and youre dumb

no u

You really made that mistake. He's not being pedantic, or an autist. You are. You must be a troll

>>He's not being pedantic

samefag

not samefag, just joined and sitting here laughing at the autism

>>not samefag
samefag confirmed lol.

Kill yourself

lol fuck off

I'm not the one who said the thunder shit