Untitled

;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

pnas.org/content/112/28/8684.abstract
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/ancient-cats-drove-ancient-dogs-extinction-over-food-180956663/?no-ist
youtube.com/watch?v=QzMsoz4XIkM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viscacha
youtube.com/watch?v=gw_yPqiiPIA
youtube.com/watch?v=Pg19F_J5R8k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Mother and cub were not seen again
pls

>Mother and cub were not seen again

Is she/he ok?

post a vid or something fellas

did you not carry on watching for a further 30 seconds?

What the fuck is this why have you plagued me with sadness over something I don't understand

literally the next scene it showed the mother and cub caught on automatic camera

WHY DID THEY LIE TO US

is cat hungry ? :(

>it's a want the predator to not starve but also want the prey to get away episode

>dumb cat doesn't want to get wet
>based doggos just running around in the water catching fish

CATS BTFOOOO

Is he stuck in the freezing water?

God, cats are retarded

It's a hot spring.

>retarded flamingos get frozen in water every night
Jesus christ

Meanwhile..

post webm

>Volcanic spring where the water is 50 degrees hotter than the environment

Wouldn't that be really fucking painful to swim in? It's like jumping in a 70C bath after being at room temperature.

>dogfags even having the nerve to post

>pnas.org/content/112/28/8684.abstract

>smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/ancient-cats-drove-ancient-dogs-extinction-over-food-180956663/?no-ist

>During the Eocene Era, about 55.8-33.9 million years ago, mammal populations were exploding across the planet. The earliest primates had appeared just a few million years before and at their peak, about 30 different canine species roamed what is now North America. But according to a new study, most of these ancient dogs suddenly disappeared about 20 million years ago. The culprit? Early cats.

>“While several groups of carnivores might have competed with dogs, felids [cats] are the groups that shows by far the strongest evidence of competition,” computational biologist and lead author Daniele Silvestro told Katherine Ellen Foley for Quartz via email.

>To figure out exactly what caused these ancient canines to go extinct, Silvestro and his team looked at more than 2,000 fossils from all sorts of animals that lived in the same area from about 20-40 million years ago. The researchers compared the body types of carnivores like bears, wolves and big cats to see which animals might have directly competed for food at a time when the planet was undergoing severe climate change. According to Silvestro, ancient cats like the false-sabretooth cat fit the profile perfectly: they were about the same size as the canines, they ate the same food and were thriving and diversifying at the same time as the dogs rapidly disappeared from the fossil record, Foley writes.

>it appears that cats were just better predators than their rivals.

is he, dare i say, /ourguy/?

No because their fur prevents body temperature from getting as low as the environment.

its probably still pretty cold on the surface, plus his fur will get wet which will make him get colder faster

we need to go there guys and live with the bobcats

youtube.com/watch?v=QzMsoz4XIkM

Fur dries quickly in the snow. Polar bears rub on it to dry.

He's not there to take a dip anyway, he's trying to get ducks, which are there for the warmth.

It's PLanet of Earth Season Second Episode Mountains

Figures, cats always struck me as better hunters.
They can fucking climb, live on the mountain peaks, in the desert etc.

those lil niggas were zen as fuck

Nature is completely amoral.

It's hard to watch sometimes.

Anyone got that webm of the gaselle popping out a baby gaselle and immediately abandoning it when the leopard comes?

who gives a fuck? it's just an animal. inb4 mad neckbeards.

>hunters
A hunter kills for food. Cats kill because fuck you I'm a cat. They're nature's psychopaths.

Based?

>This faggot that raced down a mountain by sliding belly down

based

Ur mums just an animal

fag

me for a good hour after waking up in the morning

Yeah they're not fun-loving like dogs. They seem to hate fun. If our domestic cats were bigger they would try to eat us.

is it true that amerifat still hunt those little cat ?

every single person in this thread would prefer you to die over the bobcat

>When the sunrays hit you just right

not mentioning the fact that dogs hunt in packs and cats are generally solitary hunters

dogs have to split up their food and energy for one hunt

cats own multiple territories and hunt solo, plus they probably beat the fuck out the dogs as well

what rabbit is this? chinese rabbit?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viscacha

>It's hard to watch sometimes.
No, it is very liberating.

The difference between a dog and a wolf are a few thousand years of breeding. The difference between a cat and a lion are a few hundred pounds.

Yes, yes, they all died in the wilderness, UNTIL...

>...
>UNTIL

not even mememing

>That one fucking bear that was rolling in the ground instead of this.
lul

Yes, cats are literally satanic devilspawn and anyone who likes them is either a shrill bitch or a neurotic faggot.

You're not telling me anything new.

literally me

He deserves to be ridiculed. Brought shame on the cat family

Thoughts on this shot?

Second episode was ok but it didnt match up to the horror of the first episode

Faggot flamingos being retarded and the stupid female snow leopard at the end were the highlights

That was literally me

Portrays the beauty of nature perfectly

>people say nature is beautiful

Yeah I preferrred the first episode too

Being tracked by a starving beast
Looking for its daily feast
A predator on the verge of death
Getting close its last breath
Close its last breath!
RULES OF NATURE!!

>It's a humans are ruining everything segment

I think they set the bar too high with the first episode, hopefully they haven't shot their load.

That being said that first episode alone is the best thing I've seen out of any nature doc

Isn't nature beautiful?

fuck those birds

youtube.com/watch?v=gw_yPqiiPIA
:3

le global warming the show

>le trumpie /r/eddit user that ended up here

Where can one watch this show?

>you're lucky you're big or i would eat you, i'll just give u toxoplasmosis or cat scratch disease, enjoy being blind lmao.

are you this fucking stupid in the year 2016

Birds are so fucking stupid and violent. Literal horrors, only pet i ever had that fucking turned on me was a damn cockatiel .

>le not killing yourself as a sacrifice to the climate god you CO2 producing scum.

The one with the starving polar bear attacking the walruses and getting stabbed was the worst.

I think that was in The Hunt?

Otters and penguins man, the only creatures that have figured out how to really move.

My friend who owns and likes cats always mentions this bullshit. It's laughable because cats are for girls and if guy has one he's literally a faggot. You know this is tru

Jesus that's so fucking kawaii.

Amazing.

I love slippery doggos

?

>the camera people did nothing to stop this
>instead continued filming with glee, knowing their big payoff was finally here
Who's the real monster?

the ost contains spoilers of what will happen

>12. World of Bioluminescence

Nature is neutral. You read into it as you please.

There's gonna be 48 episodes?

>Tries to shake the shit off

kek

Sounds more annoying than cute, but lookit dat face!

>>the camera people did nothing to stop this
its natural, why should they?

Can't even get a couple minutes to shit out a baby in peace without having to run for its life

rip

I've always wondered: how much do the observers influence what the immediate habitat? Maybe it's like Schrödinger's cat and the photon, where pointing a camera at nature changes its course of action? Does the camera only capture what it wants to see?
Pic related, spider courting itself in the lens reflection.

At least dogs can love you
You are literally a cuck for owning a cat

>how much do the observers influence what the immediate habitat?
probably not at all unless the animals are aware of its presence

they film from very far away

based

>its dying animal episode

Man Im really glad were on top of the food chain. Living in the wild and having to worry about being hunted all the time has got to suck.

You don't watch these episodes to the end? For example in E02 they staged the carcass for the eagles to fight over.

They do stuff like that. In case of snow leopards they probably put a lot of cameras over trails and whatnot

Why should we care about other people in society? I mean, society is only an extension of nature - our self awareness doesn't change that. The point is, it's sadistic to make a living filming something like that, taking advantage of the creatures with no compensation for their part (we all are after all guilty in their many predicaments). It's no different than filming a dying man and treating him like an insect you had the luck to chance upon and film - except one is frowned upon and morally unjust, and the other carried out in bias, ethics be damned.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pg19F_J5R8k

That's nothing to do with the food chain. That's to do with your ancestors creating a society where you can sit on your fat ass all day and be a leech, crying daily over spilt milk.