Was this as good as Skyrim?

Was this as good as Skyrim?

Attached: Oblivion.jpg (1280x1024, 512K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qN80_7rNmcE
youtu.be/D_x-x0gawck
youtube.com/watch?v=_XR6dsy7ATE
youtube.com/watch?v=2gKj0WJNwbI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>as good

skyrim is worst tes

both games are awful but skyrim is worse

better. my girl is playing through skyrim for her first time, and all I find myself doing is explaining to her what she's missing by never playing obvlivion

Skyrim is the worst elder scrolls game

Daggerfall best tes.

Attached: 3cbc1efb7f0947f39b6308f7556d737836bf93f92487a924be0a26678c48de09.jpg (605x615, 95K)

no

>posting the most annoying part of Oblivion

Daggerfall is the worst. Everything is copy pasted and gets old after 5 minutes. Plus you can beat anything if you just walk backwards and swing your sword

Of the last three
Morrowind - Awesome times. Get bored. Kill plot characters to doom the world.
Oblivion - Pretty good times. Horses awesome.
Skyrim - Fuck you I want to kill everyone I don't want to help dipshit beardface.

Morrowind will likely always be the best ES

I preferred Morrowind over Skyrim, but Skyrim over Oblivion. ESO is just shit tier.

Oblivion was a fucking dumpster fire. Skyrim is playable at the very least. You shouldn't even be bothering with the TES games, they all suck ass.

thief's guild quest was awesome. over arching plot was cool. cyrodil was more or less more diverse. magic was allegedly cool (i didn't mess with it much in the limited time i had with it).

but the oblivion gates sucked. the world, although large, didn't feel alive to me (limitation of the technology, i guess). another limitation would be its graphics: the game didn't look great in 2010 when i first played it. oblivion gates suuuuucked. the leveling system was not great, and the scaling of enemy levels sucked shit. sheogorath was almost certainly a product of the times (funny lawl so random).
it was good, better than skyrim in many ways, but also far worse. in others

I don't remember playing it, I just remember the hype I had for it! assassin's n shit, fucking master thief guy that always says "Capital".
a Mad god?

Better by far

The amount of broke this game was is what made it fun.

>Literally spawning infinite items with a fucking scroll.

I installed some rape and pregnancy mods and I had a real good time with it a few months ago...
very nice.

ironically with all the cool features in oblivion versus skyrim actually doing things is probably the lamest part.

actually fighting monsters seems pointless because how the loot is set up, enemies scale and take forever to kill later on with no benefits (except humanoids like bandits vampires which have leveled gear) monsters at best have like a single 100 gold crafting ingredient that weighs a ton and you wont be able to get full value unless you've sunk in over 100 hours by which you could have beaten the game several times and have a max level character with no need for money.

that being said the coolest enemies as in monsters only appear when you're around level 20 ish and the demon dudes with the badass armour dont actually drop armour until youre in the 20's but then every single weak demon dude drops thousands of gold worth of gear which makes all accumulated gold a waste of time further ruining the fun of the game.

melee combat is useless without enchanted items but you have no way of making enchanted items without buying dlc to make it easy to ascess or joining every mages guild in every city.

there are uniquely enchanted vendor sold items that are kind of cool in theory but all actually suck and cost you double digit gold which is basically hours of grinding and selling items just to maybe use its unique effects once or twice because random drops are almost always better if they're enchanted, and the sigil stones you get for closing gates give better enchantments and are free.

almost every mechanic or aspect that makes oblivion cool in practice is lame for one reason or another but unique quests avoiding the factions are moderately okay and have cool rewards. (in comparison to skyrim tons of oblivion quests will reward you with actual enchanted items vs just gold)

They should remaster oblivion its a classic.

Attached: 1518407251401.png (325x331, 122K)

Story/quests/content:
Morrowind > oblivion > skyrim

Combat:
Skyrim > oblivion > morrowind

Exploration:
Morrowind > skyrim > oblivion

Graphics:
Get modsx3

Google skyblivion

kingdom scape:the super glitch is by far number 1 battle royale style geme in america

Yo you getting on pubg tonight bro? I think we're ready to go mlg

morrowind is dog shit imo. I didn't play it when it came out and enjoyed oblivion. Game didn't age well.

old but gold

Attached: Seems_f8af34_5583835.jpg (552x323, 21K)

I'm sorry to hear about your poor taste.
Wait for skywind so you can have fancy graphics and voice acting because I guess that's more important than content or whatever.

IT'S BETTER

Oblivion did not age well. It's repetitive and kinda gross looking, lack of sprinting really makes it hard to play.

Loved it in its time, but that time is no longer.

If I offered you 5 cents would you take it if it meant I would need to shit and vomit in your eyes first?

Actually no Bethesda game is good untill you get a handful of mods.

Attached: Screenshot_20180319-030729.jpg (1429x1161, 319K)

STOP

Sweet strategy completely ignoring my point and the question itself and instead just repeating the same insults you've heard the past 20+ years.

People joked about how hideous the game looked when it came out.

Oblivion was better than Skyrim.

Attached: 21.jpg (600x451, 15K)

This is what Oblivion is all about.

youtu.be/qN80_7rNmcE

I ignored your "point" because there wasn't one.
Literally download graphic mods and then there isn't a problem.
Why does a game need good graphics to be a good game?

youtu.be/D_x-x0gawck

10/10

youtube.com/watch?v=_XR6dsy7ATE

youtube.com/watch?v=2gKj0WJNwbI

I'm speaking in the context of a vanilla game, mods fix a lot of things and really any argument against games in general can be waived away with "if you don't like it modify the game files so it isn't the original game anymore"

If a game's graphics are bad enough to be distracting, the game suffers (unless that's the intention of the game)

I'm not saying I should be able to look down a scope and see dust particles interacting with sweat on my enemy's forehead, or anything like that.

No. Oblivion was better.

>morrowind is dog shit
>Game didn't age well.
This. I think Oblivion is still playable. At least the fucking characters don't have triangle heads. System Shock has aged better.