Tell us about that time you recommended a movie or tv show to someone you know and they hated it

Tell us about that time you recommended a movie or tv show to someone you know and they hated it.
I recommended Breaking Bad to my mother, and she bought the first season on DVD. I asked if she liked it.

>I don't want to watch some old man in his underwear

Okay mom...

literally the same, i tried watching breakind bad with my mom and she dropped it on the pilot, asking whos this freak in underwear, kek

holy shit baby boomers and their offspring need to hang

Must be hard wanting to have sex with your mom. You betas really try everything.

REALLY made me think

Interestingly the only show I've gotten my mum to watch and enjoy.

i recommended Mr Robot to my dad. he was disappointed.

The first episodes are really awful so your mum has some good taste.

I recommended Gotham to my dad. He's still watching it even long after I got bored and dropped it. Feels good. He still tries talking to me about it. Makes me want to get back into it since I feel bad like the autist I am. My dad isn't even a father to me idk why I care.

I also recommended Fargo and she loved the first season so I guess you're right. I should tell her to give BB a chance.

>tfw I have regular and frank discussions with my mother about sex and sexuality because I live in the real world where sex isn't a terrifying, shameful experience like it is for you

i have those discussions with your mom too

>recommend friend the sopranos
too much talking
>recommend mad men
nothing happens
>recommend the wire
boring
>recommend the shield
BEST SHOW EVER

Did she mention how many black cocks she had inside her?

>ameriprudes

>>recommend friend the sopranos
>too much talking
>>recommend mad men
>nothing happens
>>recommend the wire
>boring
Your friend is correct. I hope he triggered you and your faux senses of superiority.

>faux sense of superiority
That doesn't even make sense, how can his sense of superiority be fake? Misplaced maybe

>I don't want to watch some old man in his underwear
It's good she stopped early, she would have seen a lot more of that.

>rewatch A Field in England wit my roommates
>they hate it and we turn it off after half an hour because we can't understand anything they say on our shitty TVs shitty speakers

>rewatch Mulholland Drive with my brother
>he hates it and gives me shit for it

I had this friend, and we talked a lot, gossiping about things, talking about whatever, and I really started to think he was someone like me. I thought he was a furry. So eventually, kinda suspiciously I suggested he watch Space Jam so then me and him could chat about how hot Lola is, but he came back to me and told me he hated it.

your friend sounds like a cool guy, I wish more of the tv audience was like him, we wouldn't get those boring shows praised.

It makes perfect sense you retard. Your senses of superiority are phony. Once you kill 50 men with a shovel you can start feeling like you're top dog.

my mom loved breaking bad.

she didnt like better call saul.

who exactly would that leave in your opinion?

No, his sense of superiority, his perception of his own superiority, is entirely valid within the confines of his own head. The reality of his supposed superiority (note the difference between 'sense' (thought, emotion) and 'reality' (truth, logic)) is what's questionable.

>"Hey this Suspiria movie has a high rating for a horror movie, maybe we should watch it?"

I don't get to pick movies anymore thanks to that garbage film

The Shield is god-tier, never gets boring

More pieces of shit. Shit that got "raised" by shit. It's all a world of fart noises.

Holy shit you really are that buff gray wrestler retard from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Your mothers simply aren't as rebdit as you losers.

My moms pretty patrician she liked brba and battlestar galactica and loved the fuck out of rome sopranos niptuck and mad men

>Once you kill 50 men with a shovel you can start feeling like you're top dog.

lol whatever you say champ

I told my friend to watch Psych and she just never did. Feels bad.
I did get her to watch Home Movies but she said she didn't know how she felt about it, which is understandable I guess.

I'm always trying new shows out on my mom, but it's so fucking random what she likes.

Hits:
>Breaking Bad
>Les Revenants
>The Knick
>Making a Murderer
>Veep

Misses:
>House of Cards
>Game of Thrones
>The Leftovers
>Fargo
>Arrested Development

I recommended Black Mirror to a classmatewho seemed into that stuff. I got a text 11pm
>haha wtf he fucked a pig? What kind of show is this??

>user I watched Deadwood like you suggested
>Its just swearing and old timey dialogue I can't follow. ITS BORING

Every damn time

I can't get anyone to watch Deadwood or The Wire. I'm coming to the unfortunate conclusion that i'm surrounded by retards

Same I recommended it to a friend he watched most of the first season and said he liked it but hasn't watched anymore of it for like 4 months. When I asked him why he still watches crap like Game Of Thrones even though he thinks it's shit now he claims "Once I start a show I have to finish it"............

Ever consider that you're just autistic? Why would anyone want to listen to the recommendations of an autist?

My uncle was an extra on Deadwood and since he died I can't watch it without getting sad.

The worst is when you recommend someone a show and they don't watch it after you've told them about it but only after it gathers more mainstream popularity.

I recommended Star Trek to my friends and they thought it was boring as shit, understandable but i was disappointed :(