What did Sup Forums think of this? I think it might be Winding Refn's best work

What did Sup Forums think of this? I think it might be Winding Refn's best work.

9/10 Refnkino

My mom loved it.

Thank you, OP.

I thought it was pretty boring desu senpai

pretenious shit

slow motion, neon lights and ominous music does not a good film make.

I love it. Seen it 3 times already.

what did she think of the necrophilia scene?

What was boring about it?

they really didn't do much with the ending

ending was kind of a letdown

I like it better when it was about the life of an aspiring model and not a supernatural jerkfest

I think you're a pleb nu-male

I think Refn is a great director but I would like to see his vision of someone else's screenplay. I like his ideas but he can't write characters or dialogue for shit.

From 1 - 10 how hard did you wanna fuck Jena Malone?

Yeah, the last act was a real let down but only because of the occultist shit.

god damn, she's so hot in high-heels
how do I find her, I wanna take her for lunch...I am a hight payed LA businessman that works in the nappy industry so I have money

post an interior pic of your house

I liked it, I knew what I was getting into when I started it. The music was pretty cool too, love the synths.

Does it have titties?

I've been holding off on this for months now, and it's coming to a local film festival tomorrow, so I'll finally watch it.

What am I in for?

Briefly.

Beauty standard kino

Refn ejaculating on your face with his aesthetic sensibilities

So is it as pretty as the trailers?

The only Refn I've watched is Valhalla Rising, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

Thanks you so much user. I've been looking for that chick on the right for a bit. Now I can fap to her

Between 8-9.

Was finally glad I got to see her tits (or lack thereof) so I can cross that one off the fuck-it list

This was easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. So this is what happens:

1. Innocent girl wants to be a model.
2. Innocent girl outdoes everyone effortlessly.
3. Innocent girl becomes the new up and comer; she's the it girl.
4. Girl becomes aware of her talents and her personality changes.
5. The other models are jealous of her and they eat her (literally eat her) to gain what she has.
6. One of the girls that ate her pukes up her eye and then kill herself by slitting her own throat.

Now pepper this with lots of long shots, bad dialogue, lights, scenes that mean nothing (like the puma in the motel room) and pretentious garbage and boom you have the neon demon.

It isn't fun, it isn't enjoyable, it isn't engaging. This is terrible.

The first thing I thought when I saw the first shot of the movie... its a model lying on a couch covered in blood (red paint) which is getting everywhere... all I could think was "oh, I'm sure this scene is just... DRIPPING with symbolism."

But yeah this movie is awful.

This is more fast-paced and overt in everything it does compared to Valhalla Rising

Where are your arguments though?

Just watched it for the first time the other night

I liked it, but I love a movie for it's visuals and audio. The music and sound was great and the movie was pretty too look at, especially when Elle was on screen.

As for eveything else, it was pretty average. Nothing special and a lot of your criticisms are valid, but let's just say there are a lot of movies that are even more boring or shitty. It was 'just fine'.

6/10 movie, 7.5/10 if I just want to turn my brain off and enjoy the aesthetics

Well I guess that's good then?

Valhalla Rising was okay, but I'm hoping the res of his films have more to offer than trippy shots.

My arguments for what? I'm not going to argue for or against a subjective experience. The movie, for me, was boring, stupid, and pretentious. It's as simple as that. I base this on what happened and how what happened made me feel. You may feel differently if you watch it. And if you do, good for you.

>threw a table at a wall in film school and got expelled, then re-did the scene in Bronson
>directed Drive even though he failed his driver's license exam like 7 times
>directed OGF only so he could visit toy shops in Thailand then got upset because his wife put his toys in the attic
>can't shoot his movies in non-chronological order
>color blind
>dyslexic
>lost virginity at 24
>proposed to his first girlfriend (now wife), she initially said no but kept the ring
>daughter doesn't call him Dad or Papa, calls him "Jang" the same nickname used by his adult friends and family
>believes in Thai ghosts because his daughter sees them and Jodo told him some spooky shit reading tarot cards
>tried to kill his stepmom but the gun didn't go off
>literally wears a towel when he's shooting a movie to keep his energy inside him or something
>can't pick his own clothes, wife does it for him
>Mads says he can't talk to him outside of movie sets because he can literally only talk about cinema
>keeps writing scenes about his characters going to hookers then getting limp, obvious self-insert
>cried during his first meeting with the Goose
>kissed him on the red carpet at Cannes
>kissed Elle on the red carpet at Cannes
>cried on live Danish TV
>talked about fucking on live British TV
>said he now only watches movies on an iPhone
>has deluded himself into thinking he's close friend with David Lynch, randomly brings up "David" in conversations, while other people have no idea who he's talking about
>despite his wife trying her best to dress him correctly, he still attends event dressed like a teenager while everyone else is dressed properly
>almost got to his now wife to run away on their second date because he told her he was going to show her a beautiful, emotional film and then forced her to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>has no neck

Is he the definitive /OUR GUY/?

This is the pinnacle of our guy

Film was the usual Hollywood trash. People are shallow. Profound wisdom there, Refy, that's some deep shit. Same boring camera panning shots all day. Ugly looking sets and lighting. Also, who the fuck believes a mediocre looking 5'1 ft tall girl can be a top tier fashion model.

Only edgy teenagers that have never seen a proper art house film think it's any good.

>mfw I'm a 24 yo virgin

I still have time to not be more of a loser than Refn. Neat.

>implying the people who love the film are claiming it's "deep"

Nice false premise you got there, kiddo.

i agree

>>lost virginity at 24
fucking normie

Refn is a god

So, what did you like about it? Elucidate, asshat.

The sets look like they borrowed them from a 50 cent music video. The entire film looks like a cheap music video. Camera work non-existent, boring "oh look at this symmetrical shot, we art now" shots, trashy cheap electronic music, poor acting, poor casting, poor directing, poor writing. It is PURE unadulterated shit.

>X part of film is [insert negative adjective here]

Not an argument.

>The sets look like they borrowed them from a 50 cent music video. The entire film looks like a cheap music video.

This is a description. You didn't explain how that is bad.