Why is this thoroughly mediocre movie treated like a sacred cow that's above being remade for modern audiences?

Why is this thoroughly mediocre movie treated like a sacred cow that's above being remade for modern audiences?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4uq2f-5qgXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

t. Trump voter

I never got why it's loved so much too, tried watching it a couple of times, never finished.

Trump hated the idea of the remake you dumb cuck

>one of the greatest comedy films ever made
>mediocre

Sure thing, kiddo

That's because you're an underage faggot.

Dickless is that you?

You must be very good friends with trump it seems.

It's a well-made comedy with a quirky and inventive premise. That's why it's well loved.

>We've been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft's okay!
>He's a sailor, he's in New York; we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!

just leave it alone, old top

there are some awful things that will live on forever and there's nothing you can do about it, no matter how right you are. one day, all the people who saw it 1984 will be dead and common sense will prevail, but until then you oughta just ignore it or find a likeminded buddy IRL to discuss it with

Go fuck yourself gurrrrrl.

youtube.com/watch?v=4uq2f-5qgXE

They should try remaking it sometime.

>One crappy remake flops.
>Must be a conspiracy and not simply that they did a bad job.

>Ben Hur made $94 million
>Ghostbusters made $229 million
>Magnificent Seven made $160 million

Is this the year remakes die?

The reason for the uproar was that they dick teased the fans for YEARS AND YEARS with the 3rd one. Then they announce they are going to FINALLY make it. Then they announce the director is Paul Feig. Not my first choice, but ok. I like some of his stuff. Then he announced that he wanted to make it an all female cast and that we could get on board or go fuck ourselves because MUH VAGINA and rape culture.
It was when the leaks about the script started happening when everyone freaked out. Because it sounded TERRIBLE! AND IT WAS!

So it was not that people did not want it remade. But they should have had a diverse cast (including males) if they were really wanted to push the SJW shit.

What's your point?

Not him but I think he means this shit flick wasn't worth the collective asspain it caused. How this board hates manchildren capeshit faggots yet idolize this is beyond my ken.

A movie that should've failed, but was charming and original compared to the norm. It was a once in a lifetime luck that only stuff like TMNT had experienced, an idea so stupid but it actually succeeded and is still relevant in pop-culture. Not a perfect movie, but enjoyable nonetheless.
I'm also glad this thread exists as I watched the 2016 reboot and HOLY FUCK WAS IT BAD! Never mind the unfunny jokes and the whole " can women be Ghostbusters" discussion most idiots bring up for this movie, but wow is the pacing bad and the editing was atrocious. I was getting a headache the entire time with all the quick edits and the half ass reasons for things to exist like the Ghostbusters logo or the antagonist having to be explained that hes a bad guy and even had drawings in a book on how he was going to do bad things. They made a fucking company dedicated to making more films, and look where their poor decisions got them, it's over. Like there's remakes/reboots that don't need to exist but they can be ignored as theyre not really insulting to make reference to, and then theres this shit. Going out of their way to make excuses for bad ideas and painting men in a negative light because they can't handle that their movie is bad.
For those who haven't seen it, don't bother, not worth pirating and sitting through till the end, even with a group of friends.

I saw it for the first time this year and I like it so you're wrong.

I can't fathom how anyone doesn't love this movie. I wasn't even born yet when it was made and yet I've watched it 100 times and laughed every fucking time. It's absolutely fantastic.

It's legitimately one of the best movies ever made and I feel genuine pity the people who that doesn't click for.

>Sorry about the bug eyes thing.

It is an understated comedy with story, good special effects, and most importantly well delivered dialogue that is humorous, memorable and well paced.

There is very little that Ghostbusters doesn't do to near perfection.

Yeah, its a decent comedy, like a 6 or 7 if we're doing the rating meme, but it's massively overrated not even in the top 5 Bill Murray films

cry more leslie