Untitled

????

Attached: 48-divided-by-2-times-9-plus-3-viral-math-problem-WP.png (825x510, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mathsisfun.com/operation-order-pemdas.html
purplemath.com/modules/orderops.htm
eduplace.com/math/mathsteps/4/a/index.html
mathgoodies.com/lessons/vol7/order_operations
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

?

NINE

Attached: 999.jpg (126x254, 36K)

dos

?=288

THIS

Attached: 328323C9-60A0-4683-A572-3D711E69E2D5.jpg (620x620, 59K)

Attached: imag0 (6881).jpg (288x499, 23K)

Where are you guys getting 2 from? I got 288.

ITT: underageb& trying to get Sup Forums to do their math homework

they mistake the division for a fraction
they see it as
48/
2x12

288. Ti89

Attached: 148DFBD5-2AB0-4059-9125-238FBB518C84.jpg (426x640, 129K)

24(12)
Dummies

Ahh thanks Sup Forumsro

quit posting these stupid fuking threads. nobody wants to do math here fucktard.

the last thread you posted the answer was 1. same type of fucking equation. and now the answer is 2.

why are you doing this you fucking autist manga obsessed faglord?

here, ihave a equation for you to solve... and its definitely going to be a problem for you.

my foot + your ass = x

solve for x

Always remember order of operations. PEMDAS.

>and now the answer is 2.
Fify

>24*12

x = my foot + your ass

Attached: giphy.gif (480x287, 1.21M)

24 goes into 48 twice you retards. PEMDAS. notice the M comes before the D? kind of like when i eat your Moms pussy, she comes before the D. (then i ravage her asshole with it anyway)

check out this retard
can't even do basic math in his head

deffo b8 tho

Multiplication and division are weighted equally, and in cases where you have operations which are weighted equally you solve left to right. Its 288

Multiplication and division get the same weight, meaning you go from left to right first. Same with multiplication and subtraction.

addition?
lol

obviously some of you retards here need to go back to school (or probably just need to finish school)

your jr high is showing. you faggots

twenny wun?

kek I'll fall for the bait, again

mathsisfun.com/operation-order-pemdas.html

The order of operations used throughout mathematics, science, technology and many computer programming languages is expressed here:[3]

exponents[1] and roots
multiplication[1] and division[1]
addition[1] and subtraction[1]
This means that if a mathematical expression is preceded by one binary operator and followed by another, the operator higher on the list should be applied first.[1]

(in our context, higher on the list means left to right because this isn't a computer, this is 'paper')

nope. wrong. not everything you see on the internet is true. and any website called "math is fun" you know is full of shit

how does it feel to live your entire life feeling embarrassed all the time?

>x÷y
>not x/y

Not even going to waste my time.

PEMDAS RETARD

You're welcome

>being this retarted

Find any reputable information source about order of operations, they will all tell you the same thing. In the order of operations multiplication and division are equally weighted, as are addition and subtraction. For example:

12-6+6

=12

Not zero

Addition and subtraction are equally weighted and therefore the operations are solved in whichever order they appear (left to right). I guess some of us remember more about junior high school math then others.

Multiplication and division have the same weight thus occur from left to right. How's it feel to have your parents always disappointed that their child is retarded?

9+3=12
48/2=24
24*12=288

1. Rewrite as 48/2(9+3)
2. Add (9+3)
3. 48/2(12)
4. Simplify 48/2=24
5. 24(12)

Answer: 288

The equation isn't written correctly so I would assume that's where the confusion comes in.

>PEMDAS
>Parentheses (simplify inside 'em)
>Exponents
>Multiplication and Division (from left to right)
>Addition and Subtraction (from left to right)

48/2(9+3)
48/2(12) translates to 48/2x12
24x12

yeah but youre still wrong faggot. You said it yourself, you go from LEFT TO RIGHT. M comes before D in PEMDAS going from.. LEFT TO RIGHT.

do you even math?

I dont know but I know someone you can ask

this user knows

This must be bait at this point. "Left to right" refers to the EQUATION, not the ACRONYM PEMDAS. Addition and subtraction are equally weighted, as are multiplication and division. Meaning one is not prioritized over the other and they are solved in the order they appear in the equation. In the off chance this is not bait maybe read a text book and reeducate yourself on the rules of basic math. In the more likely chance that this is bait, you got me.

Nein

Attached: ZWhYn1yNgM-14.png (300x250, 18K)

This is why in the bible it says pi = 3 instead of 3.14 because they were reading aramaic and that is wither right to left or top to bottom so I'm pretty sure that's why they were getting the wrong answer, they were just reading PEMDAS the incorrect direction

This must be bait at this point. Surely nobody is so retarded they cant do basic math or see that multiplication comes before division in PEMDAS. Its called the ORDER of operations, cause you do them in that order you fucking faggot. Its not PEMD(orDM)AS(orSA)

Attached: idiots everywhere.png (427x442, 14K)

Those are some serious mental gymnastics user. PEMDAS is just an acronym used to teach kids the concept of the order of operations. Others learned it as BEDMAS, which as you can see has the M and the D reversed. It doesn't matter that the M and the D are reversed since they are both weighted equally. Like I said, read a text book, do some research and stop sitting there endlessly arguing your flawed and incorrect views without actually citing any information to support them.

purplemath.com/modules/orderops.htm

eduplace.com/math/mathsteps/4/a/index.html

mathgoodies.com/lessons/vol7/order_operations

All you have to do is google "order of operations" and you find multiple sites that tell you the exact same thing. Same with any text book. I find it hilarious how so many people will endlessly argue their same flawed narrative because they so desperately don't want to be wrong, rather then doing a bit of research and finding out what the truth is. Or flip open a text book user. Its not a difficult concept, educate yourself.

>inb4 more mental gymnastics denying facts

288. Anyone who tells you different wears a pussyhat.

Fuck off logfag.

my head says 288 and im too lazy to check with a calculator, i hope im atleast close.

This is easy. Math rules state you solve the parenthesis first.
2x12=24
48/24=2
Answer is 2.

Über kek

Or you could just say "what is 24 x 12?" And stop making it overly complicated. Shithead.

either bait or stupid.
i find it hard to believe there are people on Sup Forums who have never learned the order of operations, never seen it explained in one of these threads and are interested enough to actually post in these threads.

you just multipled everything from yesterday

it's still 288

Attached: temp.png (410x328, 7K)

Even if you solve parentheses first, you still end up with 48/2x12, which equals 288.

How the fuck does somebody mistake this for a fraction?? wtf.

thats just retarded, have people never seen a division mark?

there's no distinction between a slash (/) and the division sign (÷), but you are correct on both cases

whether there is a / or ÷ in the picture, the answer is still 288

it's BODMAS you retard

notice the D before the M?

american school systems

Way to go you fucking dummy, you remembered the little trick phrase but completely forgot how to use it practically. Go repeat 8th grade and come back when you can get 288.

why do you assume that 2(12) is a parenthesis operator? it's multiplication. you're confusing yourself because you see parenthesis so you assume you must multiply with it, but the expression *inside* the parenthesis is already complete

its actually PE(MD)(AS) where (MD) = (DM) and (AS) = (SA)

Way to do twice as many steps because the equation is written wrong lol work smarter moron

You're arguing with a complete idiot, be fucking McDonald's infinite fry chef. I thought I was shitty at math because I struggled with college calculus. Then I realize I'm a genius compared to the fucking idiots out there at the bottom.

Never argue with a moron, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Sometimes have to remind myself that on Sup Forums, or facebook comments sections. Any time somebody posts a basic order of operations equation half the people get it wrong and then argue endlessly about their flawed understanding of math principals.

Guys I think the answer is 2, if the question was (48/2)(9+3) then obvs the answer would be 288

Wrong. See above for explanation

listening to anybody else's answer other than the correct one is actually the best way to make you forget the right way to do math