I don't know who to reach out for, Sup Forums

I don't know who to reach out for, Sup Forums.

I was a member of Mensa. I had strong interests in science, nature, programming architecture, music. I was the best at what I did in all aspects of my life.

A few years ago I took a blow to my frontal lobes (part of the brain responsible for higher thinking), and it resulted in a brain injury. Besides scoring ~20 points lower in IQ tests, I have also lost the peak of ALL of my skills. My quick thinking, motor skills, work-memory, math intuition, fluent speech, etc. are gone. I even stutter trying to say basic things and writing this snippet of text takes me 4x the effort. I'm also tired all the time.

I took my skills for granted, and I always wondered why I was the only one becoming bored with trivial social interaction and just by myself found interest in deeper questions and non-trivial problems. I channeled my skills in the opposite way of being arrogant by showing interest for others and their problems, and I harvested the fruit of life by reflecting on their situation and providing them with a richer perspective - gaining popularity only by acting natural and doing what I loved. I was a perfect teacher, scholar and inspiration both professionally (as an architect) and privately (as a boyfriend, caring individual, family member, friend).

The only thing society can offer me are psychiatric drugs (to treat my deep sorrow) and welfare (because I'm a cripple now).

How does this make you feel? Seeing the gifted ones losing everything at once? Does it spark empathy or does it make you feel good?

Attached: tbi.jpg (1280x720, 32K)

Shit happens faggot, life isn't always fair. Deal with it.

>Deal with it
I can't deal with it. I don't want to be here anymore. Seeing my former colleagues having success makes my stomach hurt so much, and witnessing the girl having her way with another guy, because I have nothing to offer anymore, is crippling.

How does people expect me to want to live? I simply want to die, and I wished that society accepted this point of view instead of talking about "chemical imbalances" and "depressions" as the cause of my death wish

Hitting frontal lobe does things to intelligence huh? I've dropped my own head countless times as kid at the playground and I'm still not depressed like you. Maybe you need to drop a few more times OP.

>Mensa
>girlfriend
Nice bait

>Maybe you need to drop a few more times OP.
That's the same path as psychiatry.

I understand that you don't need intelligence to be happy. Happiness is also just a word trying to express a state of mind, and in itself it seems kind of shallow to set as the purpose of life. People with downs syndrome seem happy all the time.

>People with downs syndrome seem happy all the time.

go for it.OP
don't let your dreams be dreams

Sure I believe you. We all need our excuses to be worthless pieces of shit though. All our current failures are definitely a resort of your injury and not your fault at all.

same thing happened to me but instead of trauma, it involved cannabis abuse for 1 year.. idk what to do.

The general response displays a clear lack of empathy. Makes me feel even more lonely and in despair, because it just displays that life is simply unfair. You either have everything or nothing. There is no in between.

Its funny that I never touched a cigarette or alcohol, but I feel the urge to do drugs now

>How does this make you feel? Seeing the gifted ones losing everything at once? Does it spark empathy or does it make you feel good?
Makes me glad I haven't received a coup de tet. I was "gifted" in the literal sense and never did anything with it, OP. I wasted away my life with hedonism and now all I do is shitpost eloquently. This is probably b8 or whatever, though.

Lucky you got that welfare (for dem programs). I only get medication. Medication is helping, though. Stick with yours.

Greetings from +1 (was +3 as a child).

Attached: Empirical_Rule.png (769x558, 30K)

Tete has another e. See? This is what I'm talking about. I'm retarded, now. It could be worse.

You're a piece of shit, and you will die a piece of shit...the delusion of your talent is over friend

Also, nice bait

Neuropsychologist here. You are full of shit.

>1 year
look at this faggot
I went on an 8 year binge and tried a lot more than "cannabis"
fucking weakling
medication
persistence
or kys

>I was the greatest person alive, and so amazing, and everyone knew I was the best person ever. Now life is hard. You should all know just how great I was. So very great. Perfect. I was the perfect specimen. Top of the species. Much wow.

I mean, is this bait? I can’t tell. 10/10 troll I guess.

wow seems like you binge watched a whole season of rick n morty,just go to bed boii

kek

it only took 1 year.. i use to be able to think clearly. who are you calling a weakling? honestly binging for that long would make you the weakling. at least i was strong enough to lay off. i'm just hoping my brain will heal.. just hope.

>I can't deal with it
Then just kill yourself.

>just hope
Idiot. I remember being 22, too. GLHF

Neurophysicist here, disregard this guy, OP. Your brain is full of bio-electric circuitry and you can supercharge what you've got left by standing approximately 173 meters above sea level with a lightning rod attached to your forehead where you took the blow. When lightning strikes (Wear rubber boots or you WILL die! I also advise earplugs as the thunderclap can reach 180dbs), it will fire off every synapses at once and what's left will attune to the heightened activity. Just make sure you're focusing on the details of something. The bark of a tree is what I used when I supercharged my own brain.

>implying the rubber boots won't either melt or be bypassed by the surrounding air
Stick with neurophysics.

Just watch Rick and Morty and your IQ will go through the roof man

Attached: 3edbb25bf43122183390d10a637908b9.jpg (803x920, 133K)

180 Dragon Ball super

God you're such a pretentious piece of shit. Sounds like it couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Fucking what lol

Why do you think I said 173 meters and not 173 feet? Some melting is to be expected, but this is a matter of the mind

I can't operate on this level, user. It takes too much brain power. Perhaps I should try it before I knock it.

Says the jobless neckbeard with no degree typing from his mom's basement

Oh! Before you fuck yourself up too bad, the ideal is for the point of contact between the rod and your head at 175m. I said 173m on presumption you're 2m tall. Adjust accordingly.

The rod should itself be the height of your body, angled up from 60 to 75 degrees and facing north-northeast if you're in the northern hemisphere, south-southwest if you're in the southern hemisphere

Stroke fag here, lost a bunch of vision, short term memory problems, sleep pattern fucked. It's been 3 yrs. Took 2 years for me to lIke life again. Now I'm doing great and idgaf about much but living well as I can and enjoying what I can. I like being a nice person cause tick tock, im running out of time, we ALL are. But we really gotta realize it. Me today, you tomorrow niggas.

Seize the day fam, it can end at anytime

Attached: 1498921837070.jpg (540x720, 80K)

Dumb person here. Just have fun or something. Idk.

wow sick burn
ad hominems are the highest form of insult. bravo.

Neither. It makes me feel absolutely nothing. You’re just another person. This could damn well happen to anyone, so ill learn from your misfortune and not let that happen to me.

You retarded son?

>losing your IQ
>living up welfare

Dude you have become a nigger.

LOL. I agree user, any person who brags about a mensa membership is a queef huffer.
Nigga get over it, if you were a mensa member and you lost 20 iq points that still puts you in above average intelligence. You could have been killed, be grateful, asshat.

Lol yeah youre retarded for sure.

not at all. in fact, i felt that the difference was quite pronounced. now i forget things more, it takes me a lot longer to process information and iv become very dull. all of this within a year.
im just scared ill never go back. so far it looks like i cant

This could have been devastating, user. Thanks for warning me.

Thats weird. Ive never experienced that. I think you just dont mix well with weed. Either that or you were doing more that weed

nope. iv never mixed. iv never done anything else apart from cannabis. i got psychologically addicted to it until i was using it heavily. now i feel like iv done permanent damage to my brain.

additionally, i dont understand all the hate im getting. is this what conservatives feel like in a debate with liberals? im merely telling you what happened to me (AKA the facts).

Aww poor baby, you have an average intelligence now... What ever will you do now? Youre like all of us now! Youre doomed! Give up!

OP here back again.

>be grateful, asshat.
This is what I have a hard time accepting, because I feel this in real life. I have also had a doctor say "you're still above average intelligence, so you can't be entitled to feel bad for yourself".

I understand this, and I understand people, who say that I should be grateful for life.

But when I retrospect my life it's so clear that my whole life has been too easy. I didn't do homework, but I was the best at all science subjects in school, gym - and if I cared to do work at uni, then prolly also there.
I never had discipline, and I just did what I wanted. Having a good life coming to you as a consequence of doing what you love, is the biggest privilege you can have?

I have to realize that this is no longer my life. I have lost that. Not just in the sense of job and society, but I never had to justify to others what made me happy - and other people didn't have to understand why I enjoyed developing programming-exploits, game hacks, etc., because from their perspective, I'm simply just starring at a screen. That must be boring, right? No, other people just didn't have the insight to understand the creative environment I had created for myself, where I lived peacefully as an introverted person.

Coming back to the point of feeling grateful. I should, but I can't. I feel guilty towards my family that I don't feel grateful for them helping me in my everyday and them caring for me. I'm alone in my world.

I definitely feel for you, and I see you as a strong person.

>Seize the day fam, it can end at anytime
I totally agree, and I'm happy that I got to experience love, deep thinking and other deep aspects of life that I feel privileged to carry as memories.

I have come to know a lot more about strokes, because a lot of the symptoms overlap with TBI, so I have a developed a strong sympathy and understanding for your kind.

You know why youre getting hate? Youre list of accolades, make you sound like an elitist prick. Maybe you were blessed with superior intelligence that maybe you spent your whole life trying to hone. I can understand how devastating it would be to lose that, but youre talking to average people that wish they could be that intelligent. To an everyday person, when they hear someone brag about being a member of mensa, thwy all stop and look at eachother and laugh because you pay $60 a year to be in your elite club of likewise smart-asses.

>Aww poor baby, you have an average intelligence now...
I was never the guy to smear "my intelligence" in other peoples faces. This is why I talk anonymously on the internet. My (remaining) friends do not know about it, and I use it for self reflection only.

I'm not concerned about having lost IQ points in a test developed by man. I'm concerned about all the things that I have lost as I have experienced it. IQ is just a symptom of the things that I have lost, and I use it as a descriptor of my situation - not as a way of measuring myself as better against others.

I know this will still be perceived as "intimidating", but I guess that's human nature.

Then kys. What do you want us to do?

woah hey i never claimed to be a member of mensa, i merely said that i was in a similar position as OP in terms of damage to the frontal lobe. in my case it was due to cannabis use.

anybody who pays to pay to be in a group so that they can say they're smart were retarded in the first place

"I'm not the nicest person, because I'm the smartest. And being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets"

And now you know why. Welcome to the gutter with the rest of us idiots.

You know with that said, i kind of understand your mindset. I was obsessed with intelligence for a long time, i studied psychometrics and was fascinated by mental capabilities. I knew deep down that i didnt have what it takes to score high on a IQ test. My suspicions were correct when i scored a 114. I suppose if i were in your shoes i would have a hard time dealing with your situation, so with that said i apologize if i came off like a asshole.

I also had this happen when I took an arrow to my knee

Liar

nope definitely not intimidating. you're just an asshole

Oh, ha. I thought you were OP. I clearly am not mensa material! Lol, my bad.

P.s. im a habitual marijuana smoker, 15 years everyday. I prob have brain damage lol.

>part of Mensa
>smart

oh good grief

That’s fine with me, you seem like a garbage person, and the only saving grace you have at the moment is that you sound like sliiiiiightly less of a garbarge person now.

Whoops_

you cannot despair at seeing the world the way it truly is. When life is unfair to you, you need to wake up everyday and make that day sorry you ever lived to see it.

Attached: 1519108887455.jpg (540x452, 36K)

Yeah, there's one kid that can get in mensa for every two public school classrooms. whup de doo

I never believed in IQ tests, and I felt like people, who took them serious were people, who needed to feel good about themselves. It was first later in my life that I felt like going to the official Mensa test to see what it would bring, because I was told that "those tests on the internet were not accurate".

And furthermore, ive always been jealous of people who were born more gifted than me, which are alot of people. Lol

Ignore this prick OP. You need to wallow in sorrow for our entertainment and then drink yourself homeless over the next few months.

But then the conclusion is that I will never find sympathy for the pain I feel? Let me just tell you that I have always been kind to the people around me and especially kind and respectful towards the other gender.

reach out to no one, because none of what you said is true and everyone who seriously responded to you is a fucking retard.

you will be ok. now is time to leave all of that behind and legit become a monk or some shit. no more higher thinking and advanced human language shit. just you and nature and the earth as one. thats what you go for now friend

I think you never were any good, and the concussion gave you the illusion that you were at some point. Grow up

I was considering posting my Mensa diploma, but I'm afraid of being identified.

Also, I consider the people being active part of Mensa to be arrogant fucktards. I was slightly lying, when I told you that I was "part" of Mensa - I only took the entrance exam and passed (and got a diploma). I wouldn't ever join Mensa, and at the entrance exam, the guy who held the exam was so full of himself that it was sickening.

you've had brain trauma and perhaps there are still some gains for you to make. The brain's plasticity is high even in adult age, but it takes time. Hopefully your tiredness will go away with time.

I think the problem is you're ascribing too much importance to intelligence. Ok, so all your former colleagues are working and doing a lot of stuff you thought you'd do too. They gotta deal with a lot of bullshit you don't have to. It doesn't mean they will be happier than you, it just means they're going on as planned and you aren't.

If you have the possibility to reevalue what's important in life you'll realise that working isn't all that. Sure you would've become a researcher or some shit and perhaps contributed some to the mass of global science in some field. One more Phd. So fucking what? You know how many phd's there are out there? It's all just fucking self righteous faggotry anyways. As if anyone's gonna come up with a unifying theory or some shit like that.

Reevalue what's important, try to find things that don't make you as tired and practice your brain a bit every day. Eventually things will get better. Who knows, perhaps you're even funnier now than you used to be when your lobes were intact.

I understand it's very hard on you to have your planned life stripped away from you, but it wouldn't have been as great as you think it would've. I promise you that. You're very sad now cause you'll be missing out on a lot of shit, but it wouldn't have been as good as you're imagining it.

You are just as arrogant a fucktard, now you’re just backpedaling because nobody is impressed, and you still haven’t learned how to make friends. Enjoy your speech impediment, moron.

you see? People who value "intelligence" that high are self righteous bastards anyways. There are other things in life. I think eventually you will become a contributing member of society, just give it a rest for now and try to create a decent every day life for yourself. Baby steps, bro!

Btw i have a frontal lobe dysfunction aswell, having ADHD so i know the pain, differance is i was born with it and with average/slightly above average IQ. Dont worry user, life will pan out for you. Our bodies are resilient, your brain will heal and even if you don't regain all of your brain function you can still find meaning and happiness. Im 100% certain.

I believe you are describing a hermit.

People who don't value "intelligence" tend to either think "diversity is our strength," or is the diversity. How enriched are you on a scale of 1 to Sweden?

Thanks a lot for your thoughtful reply (as one of the few in here).

I think that the core of happiness in my life came from the fact that I could genuinely make other people happy and become popular as a consequence of showing off a kind of talent, which include teaching and writing programs in the professional world, and a lot of other things in the private world. I could "wow" other people by simply existing, and I didn't have to worry about IQ, intelligence or other things - it just happened naturally. Like you can speak without stuttering, walk without a limb, etc.

I now have a limb in my right leg, right arm. I now stutter. I can no longer hold a presentation/speech without losing it. Completely. I cannot express an idea with passion. I can't motivate young people to gain interest in math, programming, etc. (which I had a dream about).

It's not so much about the plan. It's more about that deep feeling that I don't have "it" - something that felt so natural is now gone, and so fkin hard to describe.

Thanks for the sympathy, bro. I'm glad that you manage well.

Not the same poster but you seem like a legit good dude. Dont worry pal, things will work out for you, you still write articulately and i can tell you still have the aptitude to do what you want. Keep your head up bro!

No room for emotion in my case.
Interesting survey though, maybe.

Stay in skewl.

Honestly, I didn't know what "intelligence" was until I lost it. Of course it is just a word, but this word seems to describe a simple value that correlates with the success of your life in all aspects.

You see, earlier in life I didn't even believe in "IQ" points, and I believed that the people furiously chasing that number to be yet another group of religious people, who desperately needed a platform upon where they could feel good about themselves.

Later in life I heard the term "IQ" involved more and more in the political debate and I saw correlations between education and IQ. Then I realized I fit the correlation, and a headhunter (who made a personality test on me) told me, that I correlated with a person with high intelligence. That was when I decided to take an official test at Mensa.

Most of the people in Mensa are pretentious twats. Work on more creative shit; try drawing, painting, sculpture, etc - i.e. the more kinesthetic skills.

Also, can't tell if this is pasta or not.

wait, so you still have ideas, just that it's harder for you to... verbalise them?

Like i said, i can't possibly imagine how you feel but i don't think things are as dark as they seem to you. Depression is a mother, and you have reasons to be depressed. On the other hand look at Hawking who though he'd be dead by fuck i dunno, young age, but lived to be 75. You don't know what the future's gonna hold so you might aswell not be so hard on yourself and let time pass for a while. Like i said, the brain has ways of recovering, but it will take a lot of effort, time and energy.

here's the new quest: impress people by recovering and overcoming your disabilities. You wanted to contribute to science? You still can. You probably can contribute more by showing how much the brain can recover over time. I know it will be hard. Probably very very hard. But either that, or just smoke weed every day.

Is IQ "completely" and directly associated with intelligence?

Should have been wearing a helmet, loser!!!! hahahaha

Attached: 13445282_602604596580381_5704171286039472444_n.jpg (960x639, 136K)

The only way to truly know anons, is to throw some stress tests on the table.

Holy fuck. Even stupid, you still manage to be truly unlikable.
Stop your wingeing.

Looks like if you were THAT great before, now you’ll have to do what 99% of the population does and settle for what you are able to get and find happiness that way, you prick.

>wait, so you still have ideas, just that it's harder for you to... verbalise them?
No, no.. It's way more complicated. I was always the "super excited" person, lots of energy, always eager to talk about stuff. I don't have that eagerness anymore, because it drains my energy too fast, and I simply lose track of my toughts.

Also, in order to feel creative in any kind of subject, it is like you need to organize a kind of brainstorm in your brain, then "feel" the various ideas and weigh/relate them against each other in order to come out with a new interconnection between them and therefore giving birth to a new idea or product. It's like that the room for expanding these ideas is a lot smaller now, and things that are in this room will evaporate after a small amount of time.

It's an impossible task to explain it, but if I were to make a cognitive symptoms list, it would be super long.

>you're still above average intelligence, so you can't be entitled to feel bad for yourself
this is stupid as fuck
>lose 15% functionality
>not entitled

Same thing happened to me.

I was interested in shit, was quick witted, had a great memory, etc.

I was in a mild car accident and developed chronic headaches. I was given an ssrni that was supposed to help with the chronic pain. It didnt work.

Now I feel like Im always in a fog and have a hard time thinking/talking.

Thanks. It helps to know that there are people out there, who genuinely feel this way.

>be me,
>Loving chess, playing almost everyday with strangers, winning 8/10
>145-160iq(depending on scale used, .5% on average)
>Still feeling stupid.
>Sad.jpg

You are menso

>Something changed in your life for the worse
>Must be a chemical imbalance
>Here are some pills
I hate psychiatry, dude. I despise it with all my soul.
It allows a huge corrupt industry to rationalize disabling your brain using synthetic chemical substances to dull the symptoms of a larger underlying issue - and then call it a treatment.

Yeah, I think so. I have heard a lot of models..

yeah well i tried to give you some constructive ideas but your depression killed it. I hope you get out of it. And to answer your question, yeah i feel bad for you, but only to some extent. Embrace the situation, don't cry over what was and could've been. That'll get you nowhere.

good luck!

What about the reason it was created and the correlation to logical problem solving?
I'm being a good faggot right now, you know that.