Saw this on FB, how are shitskins getting 34?

Saw this on FB, how are shitskins getting 34?

Attached: 45.jpg (480x721, 24K)

You do the adding then add it on from the previous number

1+4 = 5
2+5 which equals 7, add it onto 5 and you get 12 so on and so forth.

5+8=13 then you add it on 21.

It's stupid fb shit but its correct i guess.

because they are added the next line to the prior sum. 2+5+5=12, 3+6+12=21

a+b=(ab)+a

is the only correct answer imo

there's multiple ways to solve this correctly given the pattern

for example, for me it appears to be the product of the two digits plus the first digit

so 5 + 8 would be 45

but there are more patterns than just this. to say one is more correct than another is invalide given the information

another pattern is simply the end product being a n+2

5 (+7) = 12
12 (+9) = 21
21 (+11) = 32
32 (+13) = 45
but this yields the same answer

if i work backwards, i cannot fathom how people are getting 34, but i trust in their intelligence (yes, even in fb users) that it makes some sense

nvm i figured it out

they're using the result of the last equation in the new one

1+4=5
5 (from the last equation) + 2 + 5 = 12
12 + 3 + 6 = 21
21 + 5 + 8 = 34

though this isn't objectively more correct than the last answers

oh shit definitely good point.

45 it is then

since each line is isolated 45 has to be the more correct answer. non of the lines make any reference to the previous line.

Answer is obviously 45.

The answer's 13. I don't care that there are two wrong answers preceeding it.

genius

honestly this is probably the real answer

97% fail because they get distracted by the nonsense around it, and then fool themselves into answering something other than the clearly correct 13

its definitely the thinking outside the box answer

This contains 2 maths fails in the first 3 lines.

If this is actual homework I weep for the system

its about looking for a pattern. the + symbol might not actually mean +

Look it's this shit again

>So..He was behind of it.

Attached: ke7ofeq2id082543972000000.jpg (481x558, 26K)

ppppppppppppp

2+5=7
3+6=9
5+8=13

Fixed

1 * (4+1) = 5
2 * (5+1) = 12
3 * (6+1) = 21
5 * (8+1) = 45

Seems right. The answer's definitely 45

These types of things are retarded because they just break arbitrary rules with no guides as to which rules they break. You could solve it by assuming the standard "+" operator is redefined to mean a*b+a, giving the answer 45. Or, since we're just redefining symbols, we could just redefine "=" to mean "less than or equal" and then any number larger than 13 solves the last line. Or just redefine every digit to mean "0", and then the formulas all work out nicely. Stupid FB shit.

Hate to say it, but even though 45 is the obvious answer, 34 is more correct. Why? Because it includes the rest of the information in a chain. The 34 answer actually depends upon the earlier lines. The 45 answer does not.

Oh yeah -- these are clearly bullshit clickbait so the most correct answer 'in situ' is likely 'did not look because not a sucker'.

Hate to say it, but if you think any valid pattern is "more correct" than any other valid pattern, you're as stupid as the person who designed this test.

You're fucking retarded, the 45 answer is only based on the information in previous lines.

That was my thought at first, too. But then I slipped in:

4+7 = 21+11=32

So then:

5+8 = 13+32=45

touche!

13. Even though the other answers are wrong maths is still maths.

Dumb cunts.

9 unknowns, 4 equations

Are people really that dumb ?

1x4(4)+1=5
2x5(10)+2=12
3x6(18)+3=21
5x8(40)+5=45

bbc is correlated with intelligence

Attached: 1500308633108.jpg (1024x833, 208K)

Also if the answer is indeed 45, the question should be

Name the fifth number in this set
5, 12, 21, ...

I got 45 a+b= a*(b+1)
1+4=5
3+6=21 3(1+6)
You are probably right though.

It's 34. Just follow the implicit rule of adding to the sum the result of the previous operation.

Fucking retards. If you follow the given pattern, the last answer is 21 plus 13, which equals 34.

This makes no sense at all

This seem correct thought we should use := or ≡ instead of the equality sign

>invalide
>i trust in their intelligence
Gtfo frenchfag

I'm with the answer 13.

Just because some nigga can't maths doesn't mean I can't.

The previous pattern is irrelevant, since you're not asked to work out a pattern. You're asked to work out a simple answer.

this is the only correct answer in the whole thread, everyone else is being retarded as fuck... the problem itself is stupidly written, and every single of you are implying "a", "b" and more variables that are not present on the problem... this is like trying to use aliens to explain something that didn't even happened in the first place

This is so simple.
A+B=C means (A×B)+A=C
So 5×8+5=45
Or just notice the difference of the first three lines as being plus 7, plus 9 and go from there. So two iterations after 3+something would be 5+ something so add 11 and 13 to 21 and you get 45 as well.

another correct answer

It's 13.

Previous answers are wrong.

Attached: 054.jpg (1102x1431, 227K)

The first clue regular math rules go out the window is on the second line. 2+5 is not 12 for fuck's sake. But 2+5 =7, and 7 plus the value on the line above is 12. This establishes the pattern you are to follow. Follow the same pattern to the end and your answer is 34. Fuck any troglodyte that says different.

>i didn't figure it the first time

That's what your poor excuse is saying

So how can you assume you aren't working out a pattern from the previous three answers even though the previous three statements are false unless there is a hidden formula to be used?

Wrong. You are expected to follow the pattern since the answer for line 2 breaks any expectation you should follow normal rules.

First statement is correct.
Second and third are wrong and should be marked as incorrect.
Fourth statement is 13

>This is so simple.
>A+B=C means (A×B)+A=C
Then (A×B)+A=C means (A×B)×A+(A×B)=C, which means (A×B)×A×(A×B)+(A×B)×A=C, etc ...

We have to redefine the plus sign itself to prove your formula

1×4=1×4+1
Etc, the first digit is added and then multiplied.

Attached: niggermath.jpg (1152x720, 95K)

Does it ask you to follow a pattern? No.

Does it ask you to solve 5+8=? Yes.

5+8=13

Any other answer is wrong.

Attached: 678_1000.jpg (650x953, 83K)

BULLSHIT. This is a test FOR PATTERN RECOGNITION. You failed.

This is (You)

Attached: 135.png (680x680, 124K)

>Second and third are wrong and should be marked as incorrect

They are correct if you use the pattern. The results are not random. That means the pattern is the implicit rule of the test.

1*(4+1)=5
2*(5+1)=12
3*(6+1)=21
5*(8+1)=45

Or maybe the person who created this, didn't even know the solution themselves, they just put anything they felt like, followed with "97% will fail" because it's guaranteed to get lots of shares, likes and comments on social media, therefore giving the creator the illusion of popularity or self value.

The + sign has many meanings, it's usually used to denote the operation in an Abelian group but you can repurpose it in any way you like really.

You have failed a pattern recogition test. It is to detemine if the user can spot the pattern and continue it. You failed.

trips have spoken

Wrong as fuck. Nigger you have to be 18 and older to post here

This

It's not a test for pattern recognition. It doesn't ask you to solve a pattern. It asks you to solve a simple addition problem.

What 97% of you idiots have done is fall for the fake news, and by doing that you've come up with an answer that is NOT 13. But you're wrong because you are idiots. The answer is 13. It can only be 13. Whatever comes before it is only fooling you into believing something different.

97% of the people are idiots. 3% can actually cut through the bullshit and think for themselves.

Attached: 019.jpg (413x613, 63K)

No, you cannot read and you made up a pattern (which was there purposely to confuse idiots) to justify stupid answers. You have to read the problem literally, and the second and third results are just wrong. Forth result is 13.

Ok. The pattern is that we redefine every digit to mean 0. Far simpler than redefining + to an arbitrary function.

Correct. So the answer is 34.

Yes, all the other brainlets can continue with their attempt at highschool calc maths

97% fail because they don't see this for what it is. Why else would the failure rate be so high? But don't feel bad. You have lots of company.

And how is it "wrong as fuck", Mister totally over 18?

Attached: 1521466141732.jpg (480x721, 65K)

>Let's add our own shit to the equation, that is totally how it works :^)
reddit is down the hall

Is there any solution in this thread which doesn't add random shit? No? Oh.

No. You must determine why the answers are wrong. If all previous answers were correct, then 13 would be correct.

Statements 2 and 3 are wrong and the result to the 4th statement is 13.
There is no appropriate notation for it to be any different.
OP is a huge faggot for reposing botbook pseudo intellectual junk.

tried using this?pattern recognition isn't that hard

this one, for example:

The reason why the answers are wrong is because it was written to have a lot of people who thinks "they are smarter than 97% of people" to look for complex answers avoiding the simple one... did you ever heard of occam's razor?

This is stupid but the answer is 45

Spot on my nigga.

Anyone saying otherwise needs to go back to school.

that answer literally adds random shit lol

It says "solve this" not "add 5+8" and following the dominant pattern we can solve the problem as a whole. Everything makes sense that way.

Your problem is that you are seeing the tree and not the forest.

do you know how a loop functions? really hard stuff to grasp :^)

THE CORRECT ANSWER IS 45 GUYS.

Ok, so, you believe 97 out of 100 people will recognize there is a pattern here? Just looking at these replies proves that is a incorrect assumption. Thinking for yourself is a good quality, but that doesn't keep you from being wrong occasionally.

5+8=13
Who said you have to care about what kind of retard math someone did before you.

Yes, I am a developer, I know how to loop. I also know how to read and it's stupid enough how all you fall for such a stupid question. It literally says "SOLVE THIS", not make up some weird iteration to make you feel better. And the solution is to say that 2. and 3. are wrong, 4. is 13

This doesn't ignore math rules, but the instructions. lul, i actually thought you had a valid complaint for a sec. Who would have guessed? You are just retarded lol

Holy fuck, you are dim.

>developer
>on Sup Forums
highschool programming isn't being a developer

Actually, the majority of the people in this thread are overcomplicating the question and coming up with a different answer, so yes, 97 out of 100 people are looking for a complicated pattern because they are being led to believe that the pattern is the answer.

You are just missreading the instructions, where does it says "make up a random sequence explaining why two simple sums are incorrect"?

the instruction is solve this, you fucking faggot. not turn defined numbers into a god damn sequence

hahahaha welcome to Sup Forums, you should know a huge amount of oldfags that started as kids in Sup Forums 10 years ago are now developers or engineers

the beauty of 45 is that you can now solve any given p+q equation without relying on previous information. 34 relies purely on previous info which is wrong. 45 is self contained.

Most people would say, "ha, they got 2 wrong. The answer is 13"