What is the state of thrash metal in the modern era...

What is the state of thrash metal in the modern era? Are there any promising or talented thrash bands that are worth listening to from the past couple years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I8arM_6Zzrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Future State of Wicked
by Blood Feast
Released April 14, 2017

you're better off getting into death metal, but there's still some good bands
look up the Kolbotn thrashers
Ripper from Chile
Rust
Conflagration (not really thrash really)
Toxik Death
Speedböozer
Volcanic Slut
Evil Army

Almost entirely dead. Ripper's pretty good though.

I was so disappointed by the new Savage Messiah. Their 2014 album was fucking great.

Vektor
Black Fast

Municipal Waste was the nail in the coffin

this

Vektor's really the only one i can think of unless you want to go down the retro route...OS is fine for Death Metal IMO but not Thrash..it's just setting a low bar

Lich King is the only one

the moment I mention retro...

youtube.com/watch?v=I8arM_6Zzrg

Lich King and Vektor are the only good ones

I showed Vektor to my metalhead friend whom only listens to thrash and she hated them because of the vocals lol

I didnt even notice they weren't regular thrash vocals since i was listening to a lot of black metal at the time

I like Skeletonwitch but they've been around a while. Another black vocals band.

I like Havok, but it really is pizza trash.

Metal as a whole has been dead for at least 10 years, kiddo. Thrash metal's been dead and redundant since 1989. A few modern retro bands like Vektor are Violator kind of cool but that was 10 years ago.

>she
Opinion discarded.

lol could you be any more misguided? Rock n roll will never fuckin die man. metal is forever.

Power Trip

>metal is forever.

Prove it, what are some good new metal bands from the last 7 years? Or even metal records? What new genres have appeared? The 70s, 80s, 90s saw loads of innovation, 00s hit a peak where all those styles were perfected, nowadays I haven't heard of anything interesting.

I'm not sharing with you sad freaks, go fuck yourselves.

Yeah ok, go fuck yourself then kiddo