ITT characters whose deaths marked the downfall of their show

ITT characters whose deaths marked the downfall of their show.

arguably Sean Beans death

I miss the comfyness of the first season. I wonder what the show would have been like if they let the houses keep their honor and fight against the winter.

*rubs head*

mask you sumtin

Tennant was fucking great, fuck off.

OP's answer is better, though he's incorrect as are you.

He was incompetent as a leader, fuck off Shanfagg.

Not a show but after Sirius's death the books/movies went downhill.

>Implying he's dead

Wtf were they thinking?

They didn't reveal him in S6, it's over user..

who's*

>still having hope

They never showed him die. He's coming back, and he is going to kill the fuck out of cerci.

Literally not worth watching after season 2

I'm surprised how many anons have sympathy for dopey faggots.

pic related

these are correct

TWD was never good

kek

Nah, it was still good but changed too much. Good villain in season 3 saved the show. It died in the last season when writers knew they were being cut so they made everyone die like a bitch for no good reason.

Forgot about that guy. Those were some good times on Sup Forums.

Rita from Dexter.
Quite ironic when you think someone's death is going to make things better, but it all goes to shit.

it was already shit by that point

I disagree

It made Jack bearable at least by making him take up the mantle of the team Locke

WRONG. Mad Men never faltered.

These are incorrect. The correct choise is when Catelyn and her son died.

I feel like that's the point of the universe though. These two guys, Robert and Ned took on the evil king to save the day. It's like any story you've heard. There's a little twist in that Robert doesn't save his princess, she dies, and that neither of them kill the King, you got the Lannisters. Still it got its happily ever after ending.......for a little while. This is what happens after. You can't just over throw the bad guy and have things be peaceful happy and perfect. Season 1 was the intro to what would be the mess after the heroes die.

show tywin was better than the books

>Peggy and Stan's shitty 90s rom-com storyline didn't happen
>Betty didn't get lung cancer

It was never outright bad, but it wasn't as strong in the final two seasons.

Gyp Rosetti was a based villain

>shane
>incompetent
Shane's worst trait was that he wasn't soft enough for le moral leader, rick. Bet you wish Rick is wishing he has Shane around now that they're being cucked into oblivion by the saviors.

>Dumb & Dumber started work on Game of Thrones after reading the Red Wedding
>They manage to get there without changing too much stuff from the books
>Every season after it is Dungeons & Dragons not knowing what they're doing
>Bad pussy

Season 4 was still good. Sure it wasn't as good as season 3 but it tanked hard after 4.
S1 9/10
S2 7.5/10
S3 8.5/10
S4 7.5/10
S5 5/10
S6 4/10

sadly accurate

best post

How could they not show his death? He is all but confirmed dead, nowhere he could have gone to, he pretty much suicided his army like he was rare quitting a game of risk, but he is dead and they fucked up not showing it.

Tbh grrm is as much to blame as they are. The fat fucker should have finished the series years ago which would have left them good material go use.

That character is still alive. He's currently being played by Peter Capaldi

can't believe no one's posted this yet

>implying he's dead

>implying

Season 4 was still good. see

I feel so bad for the people that were reading the series.....back in the 90's. Like shit, he couldn't release a book every 2 years? He'd be done by now. Even if he split more books into two. The amount of pressure on him to release the 6th book while the series is hot has to be high. I mean, if he doesnt get the next book out before the series is done.....no one will fucking care. Not to mention....the 7th book.

No, every season (maybe with the exception of the fifth) is better than the one that preceded it.

The show immediately tanked once Dexter had nothing to worry about since Doakes was the only cop who wasn't pants on head retarded.
Lithgow may have been able to carry S4 but every other season, including 3 is utter shit.

Gus Fring
L from Death Note
Cotton Hill

Tywin was the hero the Seven Kingdoms needed but didn't deserve.

Holy shit, Shane vs Negan would be so fucking sweet.

That shit got boring after the 407th "I love you, brother"... so, some time around the 2nd season.

I have a feeling the fat fuck has given up. He's given his overall endgame to Dabid&Dabid. The series will finish, people will see the closure, and the normies will leave. The book readers will sit in anticipation and eventually demand answers and he will probably say something like LOL IVE ALREADY GIVEN YOU THE ENDING THO WHY DO U NEED BOOKS LOLLLL and then just end up dying.

>Being Human with Mitchell's death
>Doctor Who with 11th Doctor's death
>Game of Thrones with the Red Wedding
>Hannibal with Abigail Hobbs' death
>Supernatural with Adam Milligan's death/imprisonment
>Sons of Anarchy with Opie's death
>Breaking Bad with Emilio Koyama's death (yeah, it isn't a good show)
>Sherlock with Moriarty's death
>Luke Cage with Cottonmouth's death
>Dexter with his first victim's death
>Penny Dreadful with Sembene's death
>Spartacus with Quintus' death (though I did like Caesar's character)
>True Blood with Russell Edgington's death (though every even numbered season was shit)

Course he won't finish. That fat fuck painted himself into a corner by going for multiple plot lines without properly planning it.

Some plots are open-ended and can never be satisfyingly finished.
Some plots have far too much left to tie up, but others can be finished in a few easy steps.
Some plots literally have no where to go because he was writing by the seat of his pants.

He accepted the TV deal before he was ready, and it shows.

She was distracted and chopped her sword into the tree at the last moment to spare him so she could have time to save Sansa. He made his escape somewhere after that.

AY JACKIE BOYY

Early Alexandria Rick was pretty much a mirror image of shane on the warpath. I still think it sucks that he had to die. He was spiraling, and that cunt Lori didn't make it better.

Season 4 was arguably the second best. The Viper and the Mountain was bueno.

After years of shitting on tolkien for writing a good vs evil story george realised he's written himself into a corner where a good vs evil battle is the only logical conclusion.

At that point he'd just rather not bother writing it

Lemme combo break this sausage fest

Stay in denial retard

Why thr shit do people treat GRRM's books like scripture? It's easy-digestavke fantasy that pretends to be smarter and more self-aware than it is. Just because it's not Forgotten Realms tier doesn't make it good.

>No one's mentioned Bodie from the Wire

"Better" and "best" are two radically different concepts, user.
The books are better than the series. That in no ways implies I think the books are in any way the greatest literature man has ever written.

;_;

from meh to blergh

go fuck urself

>>Doctor Who with 11th Doctor's death
fuck off plebberino

YOOOO i was going to post this!!!

No I have no doubt about that, he just didn't appear again but it fits with the thread

You clearly missed the point of the post.was saying the show died as soon as it started, he was the first person to die after the intro to the first episode.

Not really "death" but the show went to SHIT after his departure

What, you really think Capaldi's any good, cunt?

Exactly this. His imagination only went as far as history allowed him to, so now he's stuck with generic fantasy tropes to get by.

Don't you? It's the best this shitshow has been since Tennant left, at the bare minimum. Everyone from Moffat to Coleman improved with Smith's exit.

GoT went to shit earlier in that season, but yes, Stannis's death was the final nail in the coffin.

>not liking the last season
shit taste

I win.

glad I stopped watching after he died

Why did the white walker let him go?

I'd say Barristan's death marked GoT's downfall. It was the moment where we knew the season was going to be shit.

You all just lost.

Switch 6 and 5.

I feel as though after the Red Wedding, the writers had to constantly up the ante with "omg shocking events" to keep the normie audience that came in after season 3. The first 3 seasons were comfy, but from that point onward it was constant ACTION DRAGONS EXPLOSIONS CHARACTERS GETTING KILLED EVERY EPISODE WEW WEW WEW EBIN FIGHT SCENES but none of the cool monologues or political stuff. The show became what the author of the books was satirising: normie fantasy shit