this is a fucking masterpiece

discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wNtxgxYY7sI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pretentious shit

2deep4me

yeah if you're a junkie.

You can tell a lot about a person if they like this, if they do you shouldn't talk to them at all

just smoke a bowl and turn your brain off man :)

There's good and bad.

The bathroom dying scene is one of the most uncomfortable and unsettling scenes I've ever seen in a movie.

If not the most. It seems so accurate at to what someone will be thinking as they lay their dying.

It was honestly pretty boring and pretentious, couldn't even finish it.

irreversible was better

and the bad part?

said no one ever

It was pretty good. I will probably never watch it again though.

amazing movie, but it's too intense for most """"""""""movie-goers"""""""""

Quite literally the biggest waste of my life ever. This hot garbage really makes you wonder how some people get movie deals.

not him, but the bad part is everything after the first 20 mins.

I agree. Boring in parts, and imperfect, but that only adds to the vibe.

I can make a better edit just by removing a stuff and making it one hour shorter, but otherwise yeah, it has some really great scenes

I could not get past the first 20 minutes

I was surprised that it managed to had me hooked for the whole 3 hours. There are plenty of great scenes, but some sections of the movie feel completely redundant. I'm pretty sure Gaspar intended it to resemble a real psychedelic trip.

Who /Alex/ here?

It's a pretentious piece of trash that's way too long and way too pointless

Visually it was great. Story could have been better.

No masterpiece, but it's pretty good, i liked it a lot

i really liked it but i prefer irreversible and love

It's a fun movie. People call it pretentious it's just one big hypnotic sequence of a soul flying to the next light bulb. What's pretentious about that?

>too intense
too boring rather.

pretentious is a non-criticism, people who use it have no idea what they're talking about

>What's pretentious about that?
Form over content. Art for the sake of art.

Agreed, this is when I turned it off

>Form over content. Art for the sake of art.

Nice meaningless memes you got there

made me take lsd, great movie.

You asked what's pretecious about it and I answered. I didn't say it was good nor bad. I just said movie choose style over story.

For what sake are movies supposed to be? Do you expect every movie to be education and teach you a lesson or something? I'm sure they also expected to make money of it or they won't have a 12 million euro budget. Didn't work out though.

Would be great if you cut out 30 minutes of the camera flying around and nothing happening.

For what sake are movies supposed to be?Do you expect every movie to be education and teach you a lesson or something?
For whatever sake maker choose it to be. If they want make movie purerly for asthetics, then so be it. There isn't right answer here. Cinema is also a form of art after all. Just don't expect general public to appreciate 3 hour hypnotic-narcotic trip on the screen.

Yup, its fucken great. Traumatized by the trailer scene though

the sex scenes were not simulated. Paz really got RICED

first 20 minutes gives you a unique and engaging experience, after that point its an endurance test through drawn out moments of nothing really happening and un-engaging perspectives into the main characters life with no real context or morals to connect his life story to the audience, which isn't a problem itself but if you're clearly choosing a cinematic "experience" over any real narrative it has to be engaging and provoke some kind of curiosity, which im sure it might if you're brain is flooded with random chemicals but at that point even a ball of dust might be a curiosity to you so that doesn't lend any real credibility to the three hours of drivel that ensue

>masterpiece
It gets a lot of hate, but I agree with you, OP.

It's really not.
And I've done a shitload of psychedelics in my day.

Well, a lot of people liked. Not enough cover the budget, though. Still, I'd argue you don't need to appeal to a crowd as broad as a Hollywood blockbuster audience to have your movie be successful.

well said

But you need to appeal to someone if you have 13 mil euro budget.

If I like capeshit will I hate this film?

Epilepsy-kino
youtu.be/wNtxgxYY7sI

I thought it was boring and way too long.

Only redeeming part was the paz sex.

Cyberpunk as fuck.

It's up there for top offenders of Netflixcore. There's some amazing visuals, but that doesn't hold enough on its own to make a meaningful flick. I'm surprised they threw money at Noe again to direct Love and that bombed too.

Man, imagine how awesome it looks in a theater.

Literally a Meme intro

The concept seemed great, however it was to long and somewhere in the middle I slept.

Literally a Shit post.

there's a reason this movie is widely available virtually for 'free' on subscription movie catalogue serfices

I thought the movie was great. Didn't really know what i expected going into it but after being taken for a wild ass 3 hour ride that covered just about every extreme human emotion in the spectrum i sat bewildered at what i had witnessed. The film is certainly not flawless but I'll be damned if i have ever experienced anything quite like it. And for once i think the term "experienced" is well deserved in this film, i didn't feel like i was watching a movie, it felt like i was experiencing a nightmare. (In the best way possible)

am i the only one who agrees with this guy? this is film is as pretentious at it gets.

No.