Why are opinions of this film so mixed? Every time I see someone here praise Snowpiercer...

Why are opinions of this film so mixed? Every time I see someone here praise Snowpiercer, I immediately see someone else jump out to say "No fuck you that is utter shit."

I haven't seen it personally but I'm thinking of watching it since it's on Netflix and it has my man Chris Evans. I'll probably only look at this thread afterwards to avoid potential spoilers, so discuss freely I guess.

>oh no we've been tricked that our proteine bars are made out of processed bugs!
>cannibalism and eating babies is fine tho

I love the director's other movies (The Host, Memories of Murder etc.) and I didnt't like this movie. It was dumb. Wildly uneven. There were some good things like Tilda Swinton's performance, but overall pretty poor.

High-Rise is like a good version of this movie.

What part of him breaking down and sobbing about having to eat babies = it's fine?

The movie is a clear metaphor of the class struggle.

>High-Rise is like a good version of this movie.
High Rise is shit too. I've had enough meme class commentary.

hamfisted*
i still liked it

because its stylish and well made, but the political commentary is too on the nose.

This

Because of that slow-mo axe scene for no fucking reason

That shit ass ending...

girl who has lived her whole life in a train is expected to survive in basically the arctic... If she can avoid getting eaten by the Polar Bears she saw (that saw her)

Both dead in less then 72 hours either

That happens with every movie OP. Also your man is painfully mediocre in this and what's painful is him stealing screentime from Kang-ho Song, who is actually good.
Personally I didn't like its style.
>is expected to
No she is not. Where did you get that from? Nowhere does it ever imply that.
The word metaphor has some subtlety.
But if it really is a metaphor then does that mean that if the lower class ever makes it to dethrone the upper, will it signal the end of our civilized existence . It's not a metaphor, just a story.

There is no political commentary he just wanted a cool setting for the movie

It's like "Children of men" this isn't one bit about politics it's just a cool action movie

Kang-Ho Song is always good

He is my man.

Evan could die in a pit of fire I could care less

Yeah its similar to the host in that regard, but some people will watch it and think that it's trying to send out a message of class consciousness

You don't need to enjoy its style to recognise that it exists.

Ok thanks for the tip. I said I didn't like it, not that it doesn't have style.

I loved it. Didn't even recognize Chris Evans the whole movie.

I liked watching the movie actually.

That said the poor shitters needed to keep their place.

>YEAH BREAK THE SYSTEM
>FUCKING MEAN OPPRESSORS
>LETS CRASH THIS TRAIN
>oh fugg now we're stranded in the middle of nowhere XDDD

Only people who complain are idiots who think the movie is about class struggle. It's not- it's about natural selection and maintaining an ordered balance to it. The entire fucking movie was about an orchestrated culling, and the sushi scene more than explains it enough.

I know everybody was so mad about it but I'm not going to say it :^)

>Only people who complain are idiots who think the movie is about class struggle
It could be, you people just don't like that sor of message.

Things that try to be original and creative usually have mixed review despite their quality.

Look at The Fall for instance.

Another shit to add to the long list "things that wouldn't happen if the global education level was higher"

One thing really bothered me about this movie, there were WAY more middle and upper class people on the train than there were lower class people. I mean, if you are on an aircraft, coach always has more people than first class. Where the fuck did all those people sleep anyway?

If you can ignore glaring problems of logic, this movie is decent.

Also the awkward and stilted dialogue and strange timing that comes from it being a word-for-word adaptation of a french book by a korean into pidgin english for korean audiences.

Shits basically "30 machine translations of 1984: the movie."

>"I can see the snow is melting, the world is warming up again, but rather wait 5 years for when their are fields of grass outside and its clear we can stop the train and go out finally, lets kill everyone who isn't an inuit"

If you take it seriously, it's shit. The first 15-30 minutes feel like a serious film. Then it gets stupid and much more enjoyable.

It's not a glaring problem

According to the prequel, the tickets were given and the passengers were boarding and a bunch of disgusting peasants broke into the back of the train wanting free shit

that's where they come from.

It's not like the upper classes would've suddenly decided to stop and stop living their cushy lives.

Except The Fall was a Flickr slideshow and not a movie.

I watched. It isn't great, but it's entertaining. Nice way to spend some time.

At the very least, they could let out those who couldn't work and were just taking up resources to go start farms or fishing or something.

In the time you spend looking at this thread you could just watch it.

I don't think it's very much about politics in the sense that people suggest when they say it's obvious or about class. It leads you to believe it is about the poor, good, honest working class overthrowing their evil oppressors to finally build a freer, equal, better future. But that takes a turn into a very different devastating (typically Asian) directions at the end. If you're a gamer I'd compare it to Dark Souls.
I don't know if people don't get it or if they include this in their judgement of it being a hamfisted political movie.

Also it's just a cute idea with nice costumes and settings. Simply enjoy if you can get past the Asian style of direction.

Alright. You made it to the front of the train. What's the next step of your master plan?

Wait...do people not like Snowpiercer?

i would probably remove some of the upper classes carriages turn them into more food growing rooms no one needs the pool room bleep room is staying

>they could

They could've occasionally stopped the train and built a biosphere out of it instead of running it forever and kept close tabs on the outside environment and conducted regular excursions for more resources to expand the biosphere and better handle the situation.

But they didn't because that would mean actually working.