IN HEAVEN EVERYTHING IS FINE

IN HEAVEN EVERYTHING IS FINE

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Ivers
youtu.be/GS0Cfu6-Ax0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

YOU GOT YOUR GOOD THINGS, AND I GOT MINE

I've never seen a lynch film. Been thinking about picking this up with the half-off B&N sale this month.

Worth it?

WHEN SOMETHING IS READILY AVAILABLE, BUT YOU STILL ASK IF IT IS "WORTH IT", YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF IT.

Too bad there is no heaven, only hell.

I'd say it's worth it. It was my first Lynch film and imho it's his best work.

IF THAT IS WHAT YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE, THEN HELL IS DEFINITELY YOUR ULTIMATE DESTINATION.

Check out the edge on this one.

What did he mean by that?

I wouldn't bother trying to decipher anything that's conceived in that mans head.

>implying he meant anything

I wasn't talking about Lynch.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Ivers

why did the baby explode into erasers?

Neither was I.

I'm a realist.

Good.

Are you by chance a nihilist in addition to being a realist?

Just cut them up like regular chickens.

What was this scene about?

Menstruation.

>Whaaagh
>Whaaaaaaaaagh

What did he mean by this?

eraserhead still gives me nightmares, it's like a dimension you can't escape from

Sure, the bleeding chicken might have symbolized menstruation but I'm talking about the scene in general.

It was about cutting chickens

You don't know what that word means.

This is what Star Wars fans believe.

>The physical effects used to create the deformed child have been kept secret. The projectionist who worked on the film's dailies was blindfolded by Lynch to avoid revealing the prop's nature, and he has refused to discuss the effects in subsequent interviews. Lynch has offered cryptic comments on the prop, at times stating that "it was born nearby" or "maybe it was found".

Is David Lynch's music any good?

Trump protestor?

Yeah I think so.
Crazy Clown Time and The Big Dream are fucking great.

>it was born nearby
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>hqdefault.jpg
make love to me

No, I just see things as they are.

Educate me please :3

It was actually my older brother.

>:3
fuck off

this, it's really something else

>tfw this was basically the movie I had invented in my head and really wanted to see for years and was surprised nobody had made something like it yet

Is there any film with a similar vibe to Eraserhead?

Inb4 Tetsuo

I did not enjoy this film

nope, but the silent hill games to me are really similar in terms of atmosphere and sound design.

Oh for fucks sake.

Don't be a cunt

AYYYYYY LMAO

>what are delusions of grandeur

I don't think you know what that term means.

Okay.

Pleb
>watch this for the first time with parents
>think it's going to be a spooky horror movie
>mfw

Don't you think if it were actually something dead it'd either decompose or be effected by rigor mortis

Honest answers anons:
How could you understand this one? I watched it twice (the second slightly sped up tbqh) but I still couldn't figure out what was going on or the symbolisms... I appreciated the atmosphere of it, but it had no impact to me when I couldn't make sense of it. Had to read some stuff up, but still...
Am I just that dumb that I have to be explained stuff clearly, slowly and loudly like in Mulholland Drive?

I think Aronofsky's Pi comes close to it in a certain way.

I am scared of being a parent and the world around me is filled with violence and a sense of doom

There u go

Nobody said it was dead

But Eraserhead is way easier to understand than Mulholland Drive.

I had a really good idea of what this was about whereas was completely lost after watching MHDr.

>How could you understand this one?
By not being a STEMbot

I have the same fear, luckily I'm a hugless, kissless virging, so don't have to worry about that...

You shouldn't try to "understand" David Lynch's work, in the same way that you don't try to rationalize an abstract painting when you look at it or a piece of music when you listen to it.

Go to the 36:10 mark to see Lynch talking about this:
youtu.be/GS0Cfu6-Ax0

What did he mean by this?

Yeah, but if you watch it until the end, everything becomes clear as crystal, everything makes sense, because it's explained and the result and the whole experience is beautiful. While in Eraserhead, I couldn't figure out much and the end only made things worse.
Not gonna lie, that did hurt...
I guess you're right, I will also watch the whole thing and give EH a rewatch having that in mind.
Well, the way I saw, everything had to make sense and be connected to each other. Probably what kept me from having a more abstract "interpretation".

>Yeah, but if you watch it until the end, everything becomes clear as crystal, everything makes sense, because it's explained
what

>Well, the way I saw, everything had to make sense and be connected to each other. Probably what kept me from having a more abstract "interpretation".

well there is your problem