Jay Bauman of RLM destroys a poor director's dreams

Jay Bauman of RLM destroys a poor director's dreams.

Other urls found in this thread:

wikifeet.com/Rich_Evans
wikifeet.com/Mike_Stoklasa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BASED

He's right though.

Not surprised Jay hated it. He hates anything that requires 2 seconds of thinking

Nolan Movies/MoS

based director handling poor level criticism\

Perhaps he'll work harder now after a non jewish reality check.

why do we live in a world people who talk shit about peopl's stuff is more revered than people actually try to do stuff?

It's almost like movies have nothing to do with basic plot and have everything to do with presentation!

Holy fuck red plebbit media is high school tier pleb.

>LE PLOT
>LE STORY
>LE ENDING

How the fuck do people actually think like this?

Without one of these there would be no product

>that guy who calls people "based"

Jesus fuck your life must be an embarrassment

Because of media oversaturation, people don't have time to form their own opinions and also keep up with all new entertainment.

This necessitates either
>A. Don't be trendy
>B. Delegate all your entertainment opinions to someone else

Guess which one society chose

I'd be curious to see the Light's Out director's review of Space Cop.

you're either 19 thinking you're "above it" now that you're not a teenager, or you're an old man that doesn't like having fun

>BTFOing some retard on le Sup Forums

BASED user

This is where the e-celeb critic thing breaks down completely since while Lights Out WAS boring as fuck it's still far closer to being a real competent film than anything Jay Bauman will ever be capable of making no matter how many layers of irony he's hiding under.

>that comeback

BASED

BASED user

I had more fun watching Gorilla Interrupted than Lights Out.

>mfw I accidentally saw lights out instead of don't breathe
>then saw don't breathe and it wasn't that good

reeeeeeee

he's a schlockmeister
too bad the stuff he makes is below even those

I couldn't get past 10 minutes of space cop, and I pirated it.

I wonder with his hyper critical 'above it all' attitude to film, if he realizes his own films are terrible, and not just for their budget range?

So you're just saying he's not under 18?

Kino post

>They're bad on purpose
>We like to highlight and make fun of our own flaws
>We're behind so many layers of irony it actually veers into cognitive dissonance
t. Jay Bauman

ABSOLUTELY BASED

Jay directed Space Cop, so he should probably just kill himself.

Ouch.

At least it was honest.

Also A Nightmare On Elm Street was killed by awful directing, the Thing remake by meddling executives and Lights Out was extrapolated from a short alongside the director...so it's not that weird for the wtiter to have done something decent.

BASED DUBS OF TRUTH
BASED POST
BASED user
BASED ON A TRUE STORY

>not being so based that your nieces and nephews want uncle user to babysit them "because he's so based" while your brother and sister in law have no idea what based even means

Space Cop was unironically better than Lights Out, and Space Cop was bad.

I hope he got Mikes approval before using the interwebs (im sure he was watching over his shoulder)

Yea Lights Out sure was nothing compared to Jay's career highs of Space Cop and snarky smartass Film 101 """criticism""" of superhero movies that teenagers and redditors think is insightful.

This a million times. Lights Out was trash but the guy made a movie and he can learn from his mistakes and make another movie and another movie and another as he improves as an artist while Jay continues sitting in a Milwaukee warehouse trying to think of snarky ways to sound like he's too smart for Iron Man #9.

Mike knew exactly who Jay was talking to and demanded Jay be as rude as possible.

>that guy that says jesus fuck

Yaweh your life must be an embarrassment

>Jay Bauman
>non-jewish

Subtle, but not subtle enough.

>that guy that says Yaweh

Oy vey your life must be an embarrassment

>Mike and Jay are both nazi jews

It is known

Yes Jay, it's almost as if he improved along the way, something you know nothing about.

>that guy that says Oy vey
Wew lad, your life must be an embarassment

>that guy who says Wew lad
Jesus fuck your life must be an embarrassment

welcome

>that guy that say wee lad

top kek, your life must be an embarrassment

top kek, jay went full beta at the end tho.

He took it like a champ.

jay was always beta
he kowtows to mike like an abused housewife

>someone tells a joke
>jay smiles
>mike says anything
>breaks a rib laughing

B A S E D___________L O L

Their shtick is comedy not criticsm

>that guy whose phone autocorrects him

Lol, fucking sperger king

>that guy who says lol

nice b8 m8, fucking 9gaggers

another chance blown away

Max Landis pls come back

does anyone have a pic of Jay's Trump tattoo he posted on Patreon last night?

Only one of them is jewish

>nineTEEN is no longer teenage
what a time to be alive

Money is still in the right side at least. One works in the industry and the other is counting views, subscribes and thumbs ups while cursing ad-blockers.

You are not the only one, I like RLM, specially BotW and WotW, but that movie was embarrasing.

>reddit letter media

Why does that poor guy even care what Reddit Letter Media thinks? Everytime they've attempted to make something of their own, they've failed miserably.

Critics are really just failures of human beings who leech on the work of better people. Imagine being a critic. Imagine how much you must hate your life, knowing that your skills end where someone else's began.

To be honest, Arrival was based on a short story from other author, is not like he created it, just wrote an screenplay (We're not talking about this Sandberg guy now, this writer is other guy).

But with this Lights Out thing happend the same, Is based in a 3 minutes shortfilm from that director, the guy just extended the story for the full movie.

How does anyone reach a genuine consensus then? If no one criticized anything, how would we know what's worth watching or not?

That's not what he said though. Critics should never be celebrated more than the people who make the art. Critics are always secondary, less important part of the art. The cult around critics like RLM is honestly disgusting when there are so many unknown people in the industry who are far greater than they are but will never reach the same fame.

Why do people think RLM's opinions have any weight?

because Mike and Rich do

Their Plinkett reviews were entertaining but in hindsight, they were taken way too seriously by people and it started a witch hunt against artists who, while flawed, didn't deserve the scrutiny.

This is why I believe critics should be secondary and often muted. The artist is most always better than the critic.

taking bets on who in RLM will be the first to get a heart attack/stroke/diabetes

Rich IMO

>and it started a witch hunt against artists who, while flawed, didn't deserve the scrutiny.
Apart from Lucas who was witch hunted over it?

>an old man that doesn't like having fun
is 29 old?

Probably true

And Lucas didn't deserve it. Because a flawed artist is always preferrable over a perfect businessman. Which what Star Wars was turned into. And part of that was on the witch hunt Plinkett reviews caused. Now I enjoyed those reviews aswell but Lucas didn't deserve the treatment he got from that. His good qualities were completely undermined and he was instead painted as a buffon while in truth, he probably just had too high ambitions in the beginning.

He's a fan. He probably agree with a lot they say and thus their criticism is extra harsh. But he seems to be taking it fine.

Max Landis in a nutshell

>WOWWW THESE MOVIES SUCK
>m-my movie was only bad because of studio interference I-I swear!

wikifeet.com/Rich_Evans

wikifeet.com/Mike_Stoklasa

I think they are perfectly aware that it was a piece of shit. They can't admit it because that would make asking for more patreon's money very difficult in the future, but they have to know how bad it is.

Jesus christ that was brutal

Been gone for a while. What did RLM do to make Sup Forums hate them?

Yet when I write a scatching review of Space Cop on Twitter Jay blocks me.

Jay - and the other RLM members - seem to be able to dish it out but not take it themselves.

Shocking!

It's hard to respect any of the Youtube reviewers opinions. Can you imagine if Roger Ebert had tried to make a movie and it turned out like Kickassia?

> RLM
Funny guys who obviously have a passion for film. They're classic underachievers though and their own films are pretty much cinematic strawmen. They make them bad on purpose just so you can't criticism them. They're scared to death to try something serious.

> Chris Stuckmann
Actually tries to make serious short films and they always end up hilariously bad. He has no clue about the intricacies of film making, and only got "famous" because he speaks well and gives generally reliable recommendations.

> Channel Awesome
Embarrassingly bad. Like Stuckmann they don't actually understand movie making so everything they make ends up an autistic jamboree of awful. Their reviews are even worse since all of them just read a synopsis of the movie and then have fake autistic rage.

> Movie Blob
He can't even make a web series that doesnt look like it was filmed with a webcam from 1999.

> RamboRaph
Hates literally everything that has come out past the year 1999.

Jessi won years ago.

Arrival's screenplay really impressed me. I think it'll get an adapted screenplay Oscar nom (though the movie was competent mainly because of the direction, paralleling with your post). I'm pretty sure Elm Street and The Thing's scripts were revised by others to the point they were quite different from the original drafts written by the guy. The Nightmare remake especially had its screenplay circulating online years before the movie was released, and lots of scenes didn't match up.

Still doesn't explain Final Destination 5 though. (I haven't seen Lights Out)

get popular

mike liked some big movies and space cop sucked

This post started okay but holy shit it became like I was reading some parody that was in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

FUCK YOU READER NUMBER OUR WEBCAM IS FROM 2004 MOTHERFUCKER

>It is exactly because a man cannot do a thing that he is the proper judge of it. [...] for creation limits, while contemplation widens, the vision.

>It is very much more difficult to talk about a thing than to do it. In the sphere of actual life that is of course obvious. Anybody can make history. Only a great man can write it. There is no mode of action, no form of emotion, that we do not share with the lower animals.

>Criticism is itself an art. And just as artistic creation implies the working of the critical faculty, and, indeed, without it cannot be said to exist at all, so Criticism is really creative in the highest sense of the word. Criticism is, in fact, both creative and independent. [...] Criticism is no more to be judged by any low standard of imitation or resemblance than is the work of poet or sculptor. The critic occupies the same relation to the work of art that he criticizes as the artist does to the visible world of form and colour, or the unseen world of passion and of thought.

>The highest Criticism, then, is more creative than creation, and the primary aim of the critic is to see the object as in itself it really is not.

Based on this post, I'd say you're a faggot.

STOP CYBERBULLYING

I need RLM to tell me what to think. I just don't have the time to think for myself.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Mike is easily both the funniest and most charismatic member of RLM?

>The highest Criticism, then, is more creative than creation, and the primary aim of the critic is to see the object as in itself it really is not.

They sold out to Disney big time.

This is typical of a critic. They are very quick to shit on others but have very fragile egos themselves.

OL' BACKTRACKIN' JAY

The skills required to analyze something are not the same skills required to make something. They're different talents. And it's nothing new. People have been giving their opinion on things forever. Also, being able to make a movie doesn't mean you're automatically good at reviewing them. Look up all those opinions directors have on each other. They dislike each others' works even though they can all make movies.

>Yet when I write a scatching review of Space Cop on Twitter
Do you realize how silly you sound?

Wilde was reddit before reddit.

And yet Arrival and Light's Out are both critically acclaimed, even though the former was adapted from a short story.
Also, a good director can turn a shit script into gold but of course Jay wouldn't know anything about that.

>Lights Out
>requires thinking

Does anyone know how Space Cop did for them, anyway? I heard they were sold out for the first few days, but it was ultimately a failure. Is that right?

Oh fuck I just realized how short Jay is in that picture.

Also I didn't know Rich was so tall. Or is he standing on something?

Wait so was Arrival good?

Hahahaha, Jay Bauman is such a fucking beta

Sup Forumsidya and its culture of experiencing entertainment by proxy/needing youtube videos to serve as friends wore out its welcome.
>implying Sup Forumsidya was ever welcome

I think Rich and Mike are around the same height.

>November 6th - Half in the Bag: Dr. Strange
>November 16th - Half in the Bag: Arrival
>November 18th - Best of the Worst: Plinketto #3 (Mike, Jay, Rich, Max Landis)
>November 22nd - re:View: Black Narcissus (Jack & Mike)
>November 25th - Half in the Bag: Bad Santa 2
>November 28th - Previously Recorded: Super Metroid—Is it the worst game of all time?
>November 30th - Fletch Commentary
>December 1st - re:View: The Dekalog (Rich & Jack)
>December 7th - re:View: Saving Private Ryan (Mike & Jay)
>December 11th - Best of the Worst: Mike's Christmas Package (Mike, Jay, Rich, Jessi)
>December 13th - PG the 13th
>December 15th - RLM Diversity University with Mike & Rich
>December 17th - Previously Recorded: Super Star Wars feat. Mr. Plinkett
>December 18th - Half in the Bag: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story *Rich as guest*
>December 19th - Clickbait Hellscape
>December 20th - Gremlins Commentary
>December 26th - re:View: Die Hard (Mike & Rich)
>December 31st - Half in the Bag: 2016 wrap-up