Reminder that Lil Whoever gets a sticky, but this legend didn't

Reminder that Lil Whoever gets a sticky, but this legend didn't

>21 year old kid who's an up-and-coming artist dies tragically right as he's about to become world famous
>old man who wrote a few good tunes dies at the generous age of 81 after having a nice long life full of experiences
Gee, I wonder why people are so surprised!

gentle on my mind is a BANGER

>21 year old kid who's an up-and-coming artist dies tragically right as he's about to become world famous
The only true things about that sentence are that he was 21 and he's dead.

Mods are millennial faggots, what did you expect

And I need you more than want you
And I want you for all time
And the Wichita lineman
IS STILL ON THE LIIIIIIIIINE

>glen campbell doesn't get a sticky
>alan vega doesn't get a sticky
>ornette coleman doesn't get a sticky
>jaki liebezeit and holger czukay don't get stickies

>lil peep gets a sticky
>chester bennington gets a sticky

He was getting popular you contrarian faglord stop trying so sound cool.

ALAN VEGA NEVER GOT A FUCKING STICKY. FUCK THIS SHIT BOARD!

Mods aren't from Sup Forums and don't know shit.

do you guys not realize stickies are made as a form of containment? the reason they didnt get stickies is because there weren't tons of threads about them

and I need you more than want you
and I want you for all time..

Sometimes mods are cjust clueless. Johan Cruyff didn't get a sticky on Sup Forums and the threads were all over the place. Even to this day some poster shitposting about Cryuff not getting a sticky.

ORNETTE AND VEGA DIDN'T GET A STICKY?

>some whitebread honkeytonk fuck

maybe Sup Forums had one, fuck off there and see

He got face tattoos to merge with a character that he ran out of ideas as to what to do with. He beat the whole Brand New with 808's-schtick to death and wasn't prepared to branch out, and probably panicked. It's really sad.

As much as I love Ornette, his sticky would be 90% posts calling him a nigger. Stickies are just made to prevent a board being flooded with a million threads on the same topic.

>another guy who sung standards and songs written not specifically for him
I mean why would he? He was a good singer and worked with the Wrecking Crew and all that but really didn't do anything outstanding besides Wichita Lineman.

Walter Becker, Ornette Coleman, and Maurice White not getting stickies is ridiculous.

How the fuck did Cruyff not get a sticky? Holy shit, that is a disgrace.

Glen Campbell is one of the most gifted guitar players of all time. Calling him just "a good singer" is an insult to the man's body of work.

But stickies aren't even supposed to honour then, it's just a containment thread so the board doesn't get flooded

What do you expect, OP?
This is the same board that dismisses anything with an instrument as dadrock and proclaims Kanye to be a musical genius.

I know it’s a different board, and lil peep’s death is sad, but he got a sticky yet but Bruce Forsyth, the man with the world record for the longest career in TV didn’t get a sticky.

kinda deserved for going full pussy on Argentina 78'

IMO one of the most talented musicians died years ago now, Tony Sly and I bet 99% of nu-Sup Forums has no idea who he was and wouldnt know good music if it got shoved up their ass with their favorite black dildo.

year old kid who's an up-and-coming artist dies tragically right as he's about to become world famous
>dies tragically right as he's about to become world famous
>dies tragically right as he's world famous
>dies tragically right world famous
>dies tragically world famous
>dies tragically
>tragically
>famous

Stop it. Nobody knows who the fuck that kid was outside of Sup Forums. You can't be world famous and be a literal who at the same time. Thats not how it works. His music isn't on the radio. It's not on TV. He was and will forever be nobody.

The older artists don't generate a board's worth of cancerous shitposting. The stickies are for containing that.

he was instagram big you dumbass just like most soundcloud rappers atm

Lil Peep wasn't that good, but it's not as if GC was anything more than very boring mompop.

Reminder to soundcloud rapper fans from metalcore fans, you take warped tour we take lil peep.

Bowie did and he got a sticky.

Literally who

>Nobody knows who the fuck that kid was outside of Sup Forums
You can't be serious

I'd have to say Glen Campbell's 70 year old women fanbase was not nearly as obnoxious as Lil Peep's fans.

This is a joke right?

its just because ppl are making fun of lil peep tho

Daisy Berkowitz didn't get a sticky either. The thread I made about him only got about 7 replies.

I wonder how many people will take this bait?

They just gave him a sticky because there were 50 threads about him flooding the board.

Older musicians no one talks about here so there's no need to make a containment thread for them.

>Older musicians no one talks about here
Which ones aren't talked about here? Your grammar skills suck.

Glen Campbell. I doubt he was ever mentioned in Sup Forums history more than about three times before he died.

What other MOR singer from the 70s is there whom Sup Forums will pretend to care about when they die?

B.J. Thomas? I dunno.

Even on dadrock-ish sites like Steve Hoffman Forums, GC is pretty rarely discussed.

He wasn't rock and most of his fans were women. Christgau never reviewed any of Mssr. Campbell's albums either because he generally never bothered with MOR.

He did review two Barbara Mandrell albums (really, Greatest Hits collections) which I wasn't expecting.

Bloody hell, there's not many 60 year old women who post here.

>Mssr.
Now I know you're a faggot.

Your local thrift store will have an average of at least five Glen Campbell, B.J. Thomas, Neil Diamond, or Barbara Mandrell albums.

The Liebezeit and Czukay thing was the epitome of bullshit. I could see Chester, what with the dude being a meme. Lil Peep shouldn't even have been heard of.

>I could see Chester, what with the dude being a meme
Plus some autists could have a nostalgia wank to his music.

If Justin Bieber died tomorrow, thousands of retards would suddenly be claiming he was an unappreciated genius and they'd been fans for years.

i can guarantee you that no one knows him

I'm sure at your local middle school, they've heard of him.

Tbf Justin Bieber is the current Kurt Cobain

>glen campbell doesn't get a sticky
disgrace
>alan vega doesn't get a sticky
who?
huh?
>jaki liebezeit and holger czukay don't get stickies
literally who?