What does Sup Forums think of capital punishment?

What does Sup Forums think of capital punishment?

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 3K)

It's not used frequently enough.

What crimes deserve capital punishment in your mind user?

its a...capital idea

i think it's retarded and that american prison industry is disgusting.

It doesn't really work to deter crime but I still feel it is a fitting punishment for the worst of crimes from the worst of people.

Murder, rape, fraud in excess of $10,000usd, pederasty, sale or distribution of controlled substances without a permit in excess of $5000usd, others - I'm super fucking tired right now and can't think of anything else.

As this user said, regardless of consequences criminals are still going to commit crimes.
Nigs gonna nog, etc etc

No one has the right to take someone else's life not even all powerful gevernment sempai

Did your good buddy Jesus teach you that?

And why the fuck not?

People who like it are faggy edgelords

Found the liberal soyboy.

You're just faggy

Pro-life fetus loving Christians support it 100%

Whatever, I guess. Lowercase punishment is just as good.

A bad idea - the government already has enough power.

I'm of a mind with user. We have to means to incarcerate/rehabilitate dangerous individuals.
This is the first world - not a shanty town run by African warlords.

Yeah, and pro-babykilling liberals are against it 100%.

If anything individuals seeking retribution for their loved ones ought to have more of a right to kill than the government.

>rehabilitate niggers
This is a serious discussion, not a YLYL thread, faggot.

Attached: fuck you in russian.gif (158x158, 1.98M)

The system works (that's not to say it doesn't have flaws) so why take a step backwards?

This is the reason why the job was taken over by governments. Dispassionate retribution as represented by the hooded axe man as opposed to the impassioned retribution of families back and forth over generations.

I don't know what country you're from, but the system here has a 76.6% recidivism rate.
>that means this system doesn't work

maybe gang rape. but other rape is too much he-said she-said for the most part.

Look at Norway, they have a 20% recidivism rate and their justice system is a lot more based on rehabilitation than ours

this is very false thinking. they're just fine sitting in jail, and its a right of passage in the hood. they don't mind the life at all. but they don't want to die. I love trump's idea of killing big drug traffickers, just like Duterte in the philipines, and its working wonders. their streets are much safer, women can go out after dark again, the people love him because his hard line policies WORK. ignore the corrupt news and ask his people how they feel before and after him being in power.

Yeah I mean I get it but....I don't think killing should ever be done dispassionately. If I'm going to be killed, I'd much rather be killed by someone who hates me, than someone who doesn't give a shit about me.

they're also white

Yeah, go ahead, ask them. It's not like they're afraid if they tell the truth Duterte will kill them or anything.

yes, the problem is it only takes one act of aggression and you end up with a never ending blood feud where both sides feel morally justified killing each other. hatfields and mccoys come to mind.

You're an idiot. Literally just add some of them on facebook and ask straight up how they feel. They have no reason to lie, and Duterte doesn't go after dissidents like you claim. Thats gangster level politicians like Putin and the Clintons

Needs to be exercised on paedophiles in public

In the US I've read that capital punishment via injection is more expensive than life long incarceration.

How the fuck is it more expensive to kill a guy in a way that's "humane" when most people on death row probably did something way worse to get there. Fucking firing squad em and let's move on

The only reason it's more expensive is because of monopoly price hiking of the drugs used it lethal injection.

I THINK IT IS GREAT. IT IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!

Attached: d97.png (1129x791, 271K)

You're full of shit, Duterte told me he'd rape my mom if I didn't like his lumpia

Might as well add homosexuals while you're at it, because being attracted to, but not necessarily acting upon those attractions, is evil.

Its not the cost of the punishment. Its the fact that, regardless of whether or not the criminal wants this, the lawyers that move for stays and appeals to soak up as much money from the case as they can.

But lumpia is fucking delicious, user.

Capital idea. Save it for the most heinous criminals.

You know... paedophiles, murderers, rapists, Mexicans. Usual suspects.

All evil should be killed.
Since killing is evil we should all be killed.

Not Duterte's. It tasted like dead drug dealers.

It's capital

Attached: 1502576358293.jpg (650x1000, 126K)

>What does Sup Forums think of capital punishment?

If I was sentenced to 15 years or more in prison, I'd beg to be executed, or create the circumstances that I would be offed.

I guess that's easy enough to say since I don't do anything illegal, anyway.

Literally everything.

15 years is nothing dude. I guess that may legit be your whole life so far but damn... that's fuck all time.

That kind of time nukes future job prospects, my dude. Enjoy working at McDicks for the short remainder of your life after.

>if I have to be poor there's no reason to be alive

It's more effective than lower case punishment. Almost as much as times new roman.

Attached: 1518400739282s.jpg (250x250, 9K)

Murder in any degree, rbeing a single mom, raping someone to death so on and so forth

I've just come back from 10 minutes of googling and reading what the fuck "loss edit" is, and I've come back to call you a newfag.

I've been on Sup Forums before, during, and since that comic blew up in popularity and in 10 fucking years nobody ever called it "Loss" or variations "edits". In fact I've produced hundreds of meme variations myself, seen tens of thousands of more, and nobody ever called them edits.

This is some incredble newfaggotry stuff. Probably out of the minds of adults born after 9/11.

I feel sorry for these bouncing baby newfags. Never got a chance in this life. The whole world was full of gay before they evelearned to speak.

Ever read Kant? He argued that if there was a society on an island, and they had to abandon it due to a volcano, one of their last orders of business would be to kill all of the murderers, because they deserved to die.

Pretty hardcore mofo.

Primitive.

All drug users and drug dealers should executed. Any using opioids (heroin/pain meds etc.), and meth/cocaine.
No More Opioid Problem

murderers can spend their lives in solitary.

Why outright kill them and make yourself a murderer, when you can just leave them to die to volcanic eruption?

murder's a part of human nature. you can't punish what's in an inherent part of us.

but you can punish drug dealing with the Death Penalty, and Drug Users.

I don't care about murderers tbh. They don't cost the US money if they're in prison for life.

Drugs cost the US trillions.

Public, yes

Lynch mob of local citizens, yes

Presidential order, no

t. Drumpf supporter

Cost Effective

I forget actually, it's been a long time since I read it. I think the idea was in case one managed to escape somehow or smuggle themselves away.

That leaves open the interpretation of the need to kill those executing the murderers, thereby cascading the problem.

Maybe there was no volcano.

"Even if a civil society were to be dissolved by the consent of all its members (e.g., if a people inhabiting an island decided to separate and disperse throughout the world), the last murderer remaining in prison would first have to be executed, so that each has done to him what his deeds deserve and blood guilt does not cling to the people for not having insisted upon this punishment; for otherwise the people can be regarded as collaborators in his public violation of justice."

Makes sense to me.

It's pretty cool I guess. I think it should be a possible outcome in rape cases too.

The Government should never have the authority to kill its citizens when that person is not posing a threat to other people.
This sets a dangerous precedent for expansion of government power.

It is scary how many people here think it is a good thing just because Daddy Trump said it.

That's some premium bait you got there, user.

>not posing a threat to other people

We're not talking about normal people, we're literally talking about criminals... the definition of being a criminal is basically posing a threat to other people.

Trump is a fucking retard if he thinks drug dealers should get the death penalty. That has to be the dumbest shit he's ever said.

Doctors kill more people than guns and shit by giving people the wrong DRUGS. Should they be murdered?

Talking to these fuckers too literally fucking tards

Its fucking stupid because it only frees them. I would kill myself if I knew I wasn’t going to hurt so many people doing it. Captivity is the worst punishment legally possible. Life in prison. Not to mention it’s really hard on executioners mentally. Some of them go fucking crazy later in life.

But what duty do free innocent people have to provide expensive accommodations for prisoners? Isn't involuntary servitude outlawed and even more importantly immoral? Why should a prison industry costing billions weigh down the time and labor efforts of free people?

In cases where someone has been caught murdering and it is irrefutable, e.g. they are caught on tape and proudly admit it, do they really have a "right to life?" Isn't the real cost of dealing with them at that point just one bullet?

Attached: giphy.gif (245x184, 452K)

The cost that I would want society to spend to make sure I don't get killed by accident is so high that it's cheaper to house them forever.

Also a death sentence is retarded expensive as the trials can cost more than their life term would have cost.

They should compromise. Get rid of Capital Punishment for the peace lovers. But get rid of Cruel and Unusual Punishment for the rest of us. That way you can take an offender and surgically sever their spinal cord. Put them in a government purchased wheelchair, and put their offending asses out on the curb. The criminal has been stopped, and if anyone has a problem with it, they can take care of the paralyzed individual for the rest of their disabled lives, at personal cost, no government assistance. If they were all talk and no action, the paralyzed criminal dies from neglect anyways.

Not always. That's how it's set up now, but it was common to shoot someone or hang them after a guilty verdict in the past.

Agreed but I’m talking present. And also, the death penalty is a peaceful death. Someone dying of cancer suffers for weeks or years... It’s stupid that freeing them from guilt peacefully is considered a punishment. I say, let them rot in a cell.

It was not bait.

If the are in maximum security jail they pose no threat to anyone. No reason to kill them off, they still have some rights, life being one of them.

Yes, they still have the right to life. They are still citizens, still people, and deserve rights. Even if they have proven a danger to other peoples rights. Everyone has the right to life.
We will pay for their imprisonment out of principle and respect for the rule of law.

A past we should not go back to, and it is worrying that you are ok with all of this.

What if an invading army attacks your families house. Would you shoot back to defend it? If so, what if you killed one of them? Don't they have an irrefutable right to life?

They are posing a threat to me. So while they do have a right to life, so do I and it is being infringed.
A peaceful option is preferable, but not always achievable.

Too expensive. Odds are that it wouldn't match the duration of the crime. If you wanted to make it fairly equal, it would usually be over in a day or less. I'm arguing this for things like murders ect.

Right, but moral laws can only be laws if they are universal, you already just agreed that there are clear counterms examples. Hence there can't be a right to life.

Being a consevative cuck that supports capital punishment.

Yeah maybe. I just have read that taking a trial for the death penalty to court costs many more millions. And it’s $30k a year to throw them in the pen.

Defense is different from punishment. Cops use guns to stop a threat, not kill it, as any gun owner should. If just so happens that the threat may die from the injuries.

They could develop a system for certain cases, such as murders with clear evidence and the guilty part freely admits it.

Have you been reading up on the Bracamontes trial. They had to take him away from court because he stood up and laughed saying he did it and he wants to kill more cops.

Why not just give him the bullet he deserves, surely there should be ab exception for people who,beg for it.

In an attack my right to life is being infringed upon by an aggressor. therefore force can be used.
If the prisoner was infringing on someone's rights force can be used there as well.
The prisoner presumably broke the law at some point, so he is in prison for that. But he is not currently posing a threat to anyone, therefore he still deserves his right to life.

This right to life is still applied universally.

You're just saying that if someone's threatens you physically their right to life temporarily goes away.

That's not how moral laws or rights work, they become inseparable from the individual.

What proof do you have there is a right to life anyways.do you think animals have a right to life?

No. If they could be stopped irrefutably every time without deadly force, then yes. But that’s not possible. Therefore they may die from their injuries. But it’s still not meant to kill them.

I haven’t but I’ll check it out! I still thinking killing them just frees them from pain though. Even if they never give in to guilt, keeping them alive in captivity is way worse than just peacefully dying. Or even not peacefully. Once dead, they can no longer suffer.

Takes too fucking long. Too many appeals. I say you get one automatic appeal, but that appeal isn't a whole new trial. Your defense brings up whatever they think was fucked up at the first trial and a judge tosses out any obvious bullshit, then you get a preliminary trial to see if any of whatever is left has any merit. If it does, you get a full appeal. If not, you fucking fry.

It should be a 6 month process, not 30 years of fucking bullshit.

Against. The biggest problem isn't the handful of murderers/rapists/etc that get to stay alive. Cops are not to be trusted, and what happens is they get false confessions by telling retards if they don't confess, they'll get the death penalty. Happens way more than you would think. Perhaps there is an argument such retards should die anyway, but I suspect they're not reproducing anyway, and I would rather err on the side of not letting the state make this decision than biology.

If it means getting rid of all the kikes in the MsM, fucking sign me up.

Attached: 1513741410515.gif (350x263, 2M)

LoL Sup Forums finally shows up. God damn.

We should use firing squads. It’s dirty but it gets the job done

Nazi Germany. Biggest losers in all of recorded history.

>Germany pisses off the Russain
>their leader offs himself
>Japan takes two nukes
>makes anime
really gets the noggin joggin

Why firing squads? Why not the brazen bull or the rack?

None of that is any proof that they have a right to life. All you are saying is that you hope you're never put in a situation that you have to severely injure someone, and yet if you were, your giving yourself an out.

It seems you are saying that in some cases, when someone interferes with your plans or well being, then hurting or killing them would be morally justified, i.e. the right thing to do.

Rekt n chekt