It was the biggest movie hype of 2007. Now that it's been 9 years does it hold up?

It was the biggest movie hype of 2007. Now that it's been 9 years does it hold up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kOvt2OcYAmA
youtube.com/watch?v=i2A32hmxy5s
youtu.be/hDFns0LA7O0?t=143
youtube.com/watch?v=jqp1ffEUEq0
youtube.com/watch?v=DjKL2Bh9G10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>9 years
Fucking kill me already.
as for your question.
It didn't hold up day one. you fucking casual do you really think shit like this should be considered cinema? do you honestly think this is fucking art? no. go suck a dick.

>it's been 9 years since I was 15 and watched the best blockbuster of my life

Get mad again

I was also 15 when this came out. Time sure flies.

Fuck the sequels, Transformers 1 is comfy as fuck, just really good shit
>no sacrifice, no victory
yes lad

I loved it as a 15 year old and I remember I used to watch it almost daily when the dvd-rip hit and I loved it just as much. And I think it I would've loved it today aswell.

Transformers was a game-changer for blockbusters. People mocked Bay before the release, undermining the concept of taking toys to the big screen. But he did it, and he did it better than anyone could imagine. So Hollywood immediately jumped on ship and attempted to (and failed at) mimicking his movie and his style. For five years or so we had almost nothing but Transformers wannabes during the summers.

Michael Bay is one-of-a-kind really. And I think Transformers 1 as a summer blockbuster did its job just right.

Oh man, the nostalgia from this movie. Think I was like 12 years old when I saw it.....

(skip to 0:15)

youtube.com/watch?v=kOvt2OcYAmA

youtube.com/watch?v=i2A32hmxy5s

It was so bad, but I remember how hyped my friends and I were about it. This was the glorious, edgy era of Call of Duty, Linkin Park, and Yankees-Red Sox games actually being interesting.

I like all of them just for the robot scenes, but aside from that they are pretty shit.

I bought the dvd as soon as it came out. Still have it. Watched it a week ago and it holds up alright. The people scenes do get annoying but nowhere near as bad as the sequels.

it was shit the day I saw it, wtf were they thinking

>was 12 when Transformers 2 came out

That's cool. I liked it. You can go on being unhappy though.

Wait, how old were you? I thought everyone on Sup Forums was in the 18-22 range.

Knowing what's a film and what's a garbage product designed to make money doesn't make me mad.
it makes uncultured people like you mad enough to reply though apparently.

I remember going to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine with my friends when we were 14 and we thought it was great.

I watched it again recently as I decided to watch the rest of the X-Men movies for the first time... Jesus, what garbage it was.

I was 17 when it came out.

I love an obedient nigger. Again.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of the X-Men films were bad. I was never a fan though and only saw the first one when it came out and I was only 8 so I barely remember it.

Bitch, I'm 29. Some guys here are pushing 50.

Most of the people here are in that age range. There maybe even more underage though based on the amount of shitposting/cunny/memes that flood the board.

dw pal I was also 12 when RotF came out

>be 50
>come to Sup Forums
>see first page stuffed with capeshit for little kids
That must be painful

The OST sold the movie.

youtu.be/hDFns0LA7O0?t=143

The thrill hearing this in cinema with the Scorponok attack. That was good, Bay. That was good.

I find it hilarious people shit on Transformers but like the Avengers. Audiences would of eaten this shit up and spammed 10s on imdb if it released now.

>The OST sold the movie

True. The best thing about the score is that even though it's a blatant ripoff of Zimmer's Batman Begins score it's actually better.

>Would of

What a waste of dubs AND trips.

IMO, from the X-Men marathon I did...
X-Men 2, X-Men: First Class and X-Men: DoFP are all top-tier cape movies.
X-Men is good, but a little bit corny by today's standards.
The Wolverine is great, but the quality massively dies down in the last 10 - 15 minutes.
X-Men 3 is really bad, but has a few great moments. Not enough to save it.
X-Men: Apocalypse was extremely mediocre with a few great scenes from Fassbender.

Marvel shiteaters are a special kind of shiteaters.

I didnt give a shit about anything in this film except for going home and jacking it to Megan Fox.

She's such a fucking bimbo in that movie though. Fucking plain as hell too. She was pretty much a generic swimsuit model. She was actually hot int that first ninja turtle movie though.

I was like, 12 man.

It's probably still the best of the Transformers movies. It actually had decent humor and was the one that Steven Spielberg was the most involved with. The 2nd half of Dark of the Moon is the best thing the series has ever done though.

>jerking off
>12
Look at this faggot

>The 2nd half of dark of the moon

Honestly every part of that movie with heavy robot involvement is great, along with the moon landing prologue. They always fuck up with the human characters though. The whole thing with Sam working for John Malkovich at the office was awful.

The first one is still the best because you see them becoming coming to Earth, becoming vehicles, actually transforming, and seeing how humans deal with it. One of them also does a rocket jump near the end I think.

This scene is pure KINO

youtube.com/watch?v=jqp1ffEUEq0

why do transformers age so well?

When I watched this last week I was amazed to realize they actually had a real bumblebee built for that scene where he's frozen on the table. They made a real frozen Megatron as well. I never noticed that before.

Jetfire didn't.

As a Transformers fanatic at that age (when I was like 12 jesus fucking christ) I was pumped to see it, and I watched that shit over and over and over again. I didn't think it was perfect, but it sure was cool. I was just hoping they'd get closer to the source material as the sequels came out but they never really did let up on the human shit, did they? I wouldn't know, I never saw the other, what is it now, three movies? My dad was gonna take me to see the second one but they were sold out so we went to get ice cream instead. From what everyone told me about it afterwards, it sounds like I probably got more entertainment from that ice cream than I would have from the movie.

They also built a real prop for Frenzy when he's hiding from one of the humans in the freezer, and a head for Scorponok when spying on the humans from the sand

After 1, they sadly stopped using real models

Every sequel is more annoying with the human characters. 2 and 4 are on par with how bad the people are but 3 is pretty tolerable. The robot scenes only get better though. I can watch these movies and the robot scenes are so worth it.

When the dvd came out I watched it like 3 times in one day.

It was the end of an era I guess. At that time CGI was just getting good enough that they could easily use it for everything. Bay still does real explosions though.

I'm pretty sure I did too.

yes it does. T1 was kino. T2 was trash, it was 30 minutes too long

Man if you think T2 is 30 minutes too long, watch 3 and 4. Check this out: every sequel is longer than the last. The first movie is like 2 hours and 17 minutes. The fourth one is 2:45. If the fifth one is longer than that I'll shit myself.

I'm secretly hoping it is. I want to see how much they can bloat it.

Me too, I saw it on IMAX when I was in Orlando.

>IWN be 2007 again

>Peter Cullen will die in your lifetime

i stopped at 2. i walked out during the desert battle i got bored. watched it a couple of months later via torrent

It was truly surreal to see this in 2006. I almost couldn't believe it was true.

youtube.com/watch?v=DjKL2Bh9G10

That sucks. It gets better though. 3 isn't as bad. 4 is about just as bad as 2, but I still dig the robot scenes.

I was 24 :(

Transformers 1 was pretty damn good. If anything, the first scene where the Scorpion transformer attacks the military in the desert is rather iconic.

>Now that it's been 9 years does it hold up?
Better than the other 3 to be honest. It's a fun action-adventure film for teenage boys.

>iconic
Frick off Hal Rudnick

Peter Cullen's voice acting is perfect in the film as well. Everything he says is quotable.