Extinct Animal appreciation thread

Extinct Animal appreciation thread.

Post animals from your cunt

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_taxon
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ok

What is that?

Apparently from the reverse image search it's a photograph from a UFO crash site

not extinct but i found this dead in my farm some one help me identify it

Looks like a doggy :(

You posted this before in /brit/, the Algerian identified it as some sort of pest native to North Africa. Can't remember the name.

I can't remember the name but I know it

forget its name
yes cause it seems those creature are attacking more frequently now
surprisingly they kill the sheep just to ate his heart

Was it a Genet?

yes that's the name thx

Yep, even in Galicia we have them.

Apparently there have been reports as north as Switzerland in recent years.

>Woolly mammoths will roam Finnish Lapland in your lifetime

SOUTHERNERS BTFO

In theory they were broutgh by muslims because they used them like cats to control the mouse/rat population.

I know this is not our animal but it should be just put a crown on it and kurwa away we go

It's interesting how geopolitics and mass migration affects biodiversity like this

I want to see mammoths alive as much as any other man, but seriously, is there even an actual possibility of the Japanese or Koreans actually resurrecting an animal like that? The pyrenean ibex clone barely succeeded and even then it died from deformed lungs mere minutes after birth. If we can't even clone healthy sheep from live specimens, how are we supposed to clone an animal that had been extinct for millennia?

Here is an interesting dead animal from Polska

goring was obsessed with them.
He imagined that he wuz germanic warrior n sheeeit and wanted to ressurect them by selective breeding and reintroduce them in białowieża forest.

this one is pretty common in South America
i call dibs on it

The chupacabras!

Yes and no. The scietists will use Elephant DNA much like they used frog DNA in Jurassic park. We don't have mammoths full DNA in our tissue samples, so we have to make due with some "elephammoths".

...but those aren't real Mammoths, those would just be genetically engineered deformed Elephants...and even more why bring them back/engineer them when the climate and ecosystem they need to live in is fucked beyond belief? Why bring them back to a life of misery?

For me, it's the Giant Sloth. The best extinct animal.

They would be more mammoth than elephant, but I get your point.
>Why bring them back to a life of misery?
It is not certain that the climate would be hostile to them. For example, having mammoths in Jotunheimen in Norway would probably work well, or in Siberia in Russia.

If you ask why we would do all of this then the answer is pretty simple: because we can.

Pic related: imagine sitting here in Jotunheimen with your friends or family, and you would point down at a family of mammoths walking around. Pretty neat I'd say. However, it still bothers me that they would not be 100% mammoths.

but roaming mammoth means no more freedom to roam in norway?

>no more freedom to roam in norway
Hmmm, you may have a point. I'm voting no to Mammoths in Norway.

why not protected areas for Mammoths in Norway?

The Irish elk went extinct after the last ice age because when the climate warmed forests bloomed all over Ireland and its antlers were too big to navigate them

faggot

fuck off brit your national animal is from africa

I want to be able to roam anywhere. Literally anywhere except in someone's garden. But it would be nice if we could make it work somehow. I mean, if we could have them there and we being allowed to roam anyway on our own risk, then great.

Based Germans

Do you think some extinct animals still exist out there? Like some people say they've seen Tasmanian Tigers

Probably, it already happened that animals believed to be extinct were actually found out to be still alive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_taxon

yeah.. they actually resurface every now and then.. should google lazarus species for a list of them

WOW
I WATCHED A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THEM
ALSO THOSE CREATURE ONLY EAT THE HEART MAKING THEM VERY WEIRD

My ancestors moved here for the sole purpose of hunting Mammoth. I have a right to Mammoths and demand that you genetically clone some.

We had the mothafucking yetis!

Looks like a cat
No dog

Aparently the first sabertooth fossil was found in my country, I always thought it was an eurasian thing.

a dick with blue eyes

Looks like a mix for me

>blue eyes
It was too Aryan, it had to go.