Bored Geologist on an oil rig. Ask me whatever you want

Bored Geologist on an oil rig. Ask me whatever you want

Attached: IMG_20180320_002105.jpg (693x1247, 155K)

How much do you get paid and how do I get into this field? I don't know anyone that does this shit, so there's no 'put in a good word for me' buddy.

Stop telling everyone how much money you get for working In an oil rig. No one cares. Stop telling people how expensive your car is. No one cares

Attached: 20180320_005858.jpg (736x1015, 257K)

Attached: 1521524820331s.jpg (125x75, 2K)

I work for a contractor that works for the oil company, but our company is tiny so I get paid way more than people who work for the bigger Geology companies. I get $300+ a day plus mileage to drive to location. You usually need to take some Geology classes, but community college ones might suffice for less picky companies. I would talk to geo professors from nearby colleges and ask if they know of anyone hiring. You'd honestly be better off starting as a rig hand and doing shit work and working your way up to a driller or something like that. They make way more than me but get fired more often

We get paid way less as Geologists than most people on the rig, so I'm not bragging. Just bored

Also my daily driver is an old Jeep I paid $1500 for, so I'm not really bragging about that either

what's the food like on that oil rig? and how much of your own stuff can you bring with you?

I've been working construction for the past 4 years and have been doing bitch work off and on. Can't get anything steady going, so I figured I'd join the oil guys and make bank....maybe.

How many people have died on the rig this year?
Have you ever watched one die or get crushed with your own eyes?

Do you let faggots blow you when you get horny?

Who has the key to the v-door?

We are a land based rig so you bring your own food. We have our own nice trailer with a full kitchen and living/bed/bathroom so it's like living at home. You can bring whatever you want except booze and drugs, some guys bring tons of shit like ps4s, exercise equipment and that kind of stuff

If you don't mind moving to states with oil and living on location for 2 weeks at time it's probably a good fit for you.

None, they are pretty safe. We haven't had an OSHA reportable injury in like 5 years on this rig. Some dude got blown in half on a frack rig nearby the week I started tho. I guess he didn't check for pressure behind a valve he was opening.

Also most guys are married and pretty normal. Maybe some of the rig hands bang each other but I've never heard anything about it. Sometimes guys go into town and bang some rank ass townie chicks but that's honestly not better

Keep bumping, I have to go grab a rock sample

you jerkin off the gay boys?

Nah, most of the guys here are pretty straight laced and conservative and somewhat homophobic. Plus you generally aren't out for more than a few weeks so it's not like you don't see women very often

You a wellsite geo or a mudlogger?

Why would an oil rig need a gynecologist?

Oh yeah, to take care of all the pussies.

Do the rough necks throw chain or is it a bitch rig?

Would you recommend going into oil? Any guilt? Looking for a process engineering job and half are petrochemical

Wellsite Geo, but 90% of the guys out here don't know the difference. We are one of the more highly regarded companies around so we get a lot more freedom for making well decisions that we probably should

If the op's rig is pictured ain't nobody throwing chain on that.

Why are mudloggers so damn weird?

It's a full-size rig, not some bitch job. We are one of the biggest/most powerful rigs out of the basin. We can go out to about 22k feet or so which is about as far as it gets around here

It's not my rig for obvious ID reasons but I guarantee they throw chain on that rig. It's a big ass Flex rig

What do you think about the anomaly under Africa?

Im sittin on a frac right now outside of Bryan TX

I'm a scrawny 6' 1" 22 year old guy. What would I have to do before getting a job on one of those rigs so I wouldn't just break my body?

Not at all. Its way cleaner than you would ever imagine. We have to call the BLM or EPA if we spill more than half a barrel or so off the ground liners. People need gas and plastic and medicine, what's bad about that?

how many niggers are there?

Dunno. We get lots of weirdos trying to work for us but my boss has no hang ups about running them off if they are too off.

As long as you have decent upper body strength and stamina you should be ok. There are lots of bean pole guys on the rig

Be safe bud. Sorry you have to be in that part of Texas

Cocaine and steroids

Any modern triple working for a big company should be using tongs, not chain.

It's probably related to the rifting in the east in some way, maybe some sort of mantle or core disturbance. Either way, nothing we can do about it

Is the job any fun

How come I never find Geodes?

A few. More Mexicans than anything but even then very few. It's probably because we are in the Rockies/front range and there aren't many nigs here anyways

You'd think that, but there are still a few old shit heaps limping along. But you are right, we have only had one that didn't always use tongs. I'm not on the floor that often so I'm not as familiar with that world as much

Sometimes. I like rocks quite a bit so it's fun when it gets challenging. It's boring a lot though. I'm basically getting paid to keep up the log and watch TV tonight with a sample every few hours

You're probably looking in the wrong place. What state/country are you in?

What state you working in?

Where in Texas you at? Pecos shit hole here. Thinking about heading back to ND..

Rather not say, but in the Rockies/Front Range region. It's way nicer than Texas or Oklahoma though. At least we have mountains and shit

I'm (OP) not in Texas, but I don't hear great things about north Dakota. Not sure if they still have gay man camps or not. We all have our own trailers to live in and don't have to deal with shift Indians

Do you believe the lemurians stored data on crystals ?

Attached: lemurian crystals.jpg (640x480, 152K)

Been think bout leaving TX fracing and head to CO. Hell even wyoming doesnt sound that bad. Shit here is sloppy and dangerous.

Greeting from the patch. Excuse the dirty windshield.

Attached: 20180320_022346.jpg (4160x2340, 1.97M)

Nice. Are you the Texas guy or someone else?

Wyoming isn't bad aside from just being Wyoming. The Geology and drilling is way more complicated/difficult than in Texas tho. Colorado is ok, but it's mostly smaller rigs and you get taxed on income whereas wyo you don't. So food for thought

Maybe. There is some kind of quartz based data storage that was sent into space with Musk's car. I guess it holds insane amounts of data compared to traditional methods

I always hear about fracking work being utter dogshit but paying good (ie 20 bucks and up starting) and always needing new meat for the grinder. I could never get a reply back even when sending my resume all over from Texas to Dakota, how the hell do I get a foot in the door? Do I just wander into an office hat in hand?

The money is better up there..

I've never done fracking, but we've lived/drilled on pads where they were and it seems kinda shitty but not too bad. I guess just keep applying around and maybe consider applying to different states to see if there is more jobs there. Do you know anyone (even old people from HS) that are in any way connected to the oil field

Its literally one of those "you gotta know somebody" situations. That or have a specialty they are looking for.

The money is better offshore too but it's not worth living there

Theres also plenty of websites with job postings for oilfield related jobs. And yes people will lie their ass off to get in.

Greetings from Fort Crack, Gregoire represent.

And do anything to pass piss tests except quit smoking crack and shit

>on an oil rig. Ask me whatever

Which one are the first and second :::
!) the idea that time will eventually spread out _OR_

:::::: If space dissolved or changed right in front of us... I don't think we could handle that for more than one hour. But, it WOULD be fun to watch.

Dearest apologies then. Every oil rig guy I've met is a snapback wearing, gold watch sporting, ghetto talking bragger that always has his money out counting it.

What would be the equal and opposite reaction?

There are more women than you'd think in the field, at least where I am. There's a smoking hot, big titted drilling engineer that looks like a young Courtney Cox that is on location every few wells. Plus there are a few trashy hot water truck drivers from town you see every couple of days. There's this one redhead with jeans that look painted on who keeps coming by that is kind of flirty. She always comes in to ask where the company man shack is but she should know where the fuck it is by now so who knows

These are things that ONLY happen once and there is no opposite side to this scenario.

Those are usually the rig hands and mud guys and their ilk. They always end up fucked when there's a downturn because they buy a new truck every 2 years and then spend 10k lifting it and shit and don't save. I hate those guys too. All of the guys at our geo company are pretty down to earth and drive older vehicles because they just end up getting beat to shit out here. Thanks for the appology tho.

I think gravity will split into separate forces or the universe will die of heat death before time goes, but my theoretical physics is a bit Rusty so I wouldn't go totally by what I've said here

How come my netflix stops loading at 24% randomly?

Because Netflix has seriously gone downhill over the last few years

If you could fist a bear, how far would you stick your arm in?

What's your favorite Sheryl Lee movie?

>but my theoretical physics is a bit Rusty
I do tend to disagree but I do have much respect for anybody here that can aspire to this level.

Personally, I'm pretty sure that we are all going to go out on a world virus. Another way to put it is mother nature has said enough of this shit. Let's move on.

Shoot, I suppose I can trt Colorado, never touched weed before and have no interest in starting and that apprently puts a leg up on everyone else.

As far as he could bear it

>Because Netflix has seriously gone downhill over the last few years

No shit. Not one Charles Bronson movie last time I checked a couple of weeks ago. NOT ONE.

Fucking useless service.

Attached: 1508127328542.jpg (662x600, 34K)

To be fair the used truck market is straight retarded these days with a new one being barely more than a beat to shit used.

Would you say its on an upturn or downturn lately? Remember the boom going bust a couple years ago for the average roustabout

Physics aside, I think humanity will end from warring over ever more scarce resources and bad breeding. Since natural selection doesn't really work on us anymore, the dumb and poor (usually poor because they are too stupid to do anything about it) breed at far greater rates than the more responsible and intelligent. We are reaching the point where no matter how stupid or genetically inferior (not necessarily race but more things like resistance to disease, etc) you are you still have ample opportunity to pass on your genes. We get weaker and weaker every generation

Those fucking things can't go in a straight line to save both of us.

That's about what I'm saying only in an entirely different direction. We will never get close to that state.

It will start slow and then build to a stage that only cancer could hope for.

Everybody will get it and we will die because of it. Personally, I hardly care what happens because I've had a good run and don't care how it ends. But it's about to.

About the cars, it depends on where you live. When I was in Colorado subarus were super expensive even if they were beat to shit because that's what people moving there thought they needed. Jeeps were cheap but are getting that way too, but you could get less popular SUVs for almost nothing because everyone wanted Subarus and trucks

About the oil field it's fairly consistent now, will probably stay stronger with Trump and Republican congress until that changes. Just be smart and save your money and treat your 4 month job-attached unemployment as a vacation and find another job if the downturn is longer than that. Its expected you'll be unemployed for a bit at some point but if you squirrel away 10-15 grand you'll be ok for quite a while

Just checked again. Netflix has no Bronson, no Eastwood, no Hackman, only Pacino is the Godfathers and a couple of shit films. No good Bruce Willis movies. No good Arnold or or Stallone flics, not even the shitty Rocky ones. Full Metal Jacket about the only good war movie.

Netflix is run by a bunch of slack-jawed faggots.

Attached: qOm8SaG.jpg (1920x1080, 68K)

Thanks, I suppose I can take everything I have and live out of my car looking for work now spring is technically here.

Wyoming looks good, I dont care about desolation in the middle nowhere as long as I can get at least one hot meal and internet good enough to run Sup Forums occasionally. Mainly want to save enough to put myself through some technical school if I manage to stick with it enough to get maybe a bit more training and climb the ladder I won't mind that either.

Don't you feel like just one cigarette?

Netflix is run by a bunch of 'progressive' SJW wannabes, so they do shit like original series that are all about women and feminism and shit. They got rid of the rating system because they think people want hyper liber drivel like Amy Schumer and it's just the trolls down rating things. Any other service would have dumped her contract at the drop of a hat with ratings like she had but instead they double down on her and shit like "Dear white people"

Get a job out here first and just commute to see if it's for you. You generally do 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off so it's not undoable. I drive 250+ miles to get here every hitch but I work 3 weeks at a time so it's not a big deal

well yeah, because OP's a fag

Live in Boston right now so a commute to even the PA fields would be stretching it. Plenty of work that pays 16 and up but living near the city eats that shit.

Not at all. You get lots of time off and being a scientist/Geologist is interesting enough to most girls to at least give you a chance when you talk to them. I guess it sounds more exciting than working in an office or in IT or whatever. It's worth living with just dudes for a few weeks a month to come home and have enough money to go out and pick up women or woo some girl you like every night you are home. I almost never got laid when I was an engineering student doing CAD on the side, but kind of became a man whore (at least until I met my fiance) as soon as I became a Geologist and even more when I started working on oil stuff

I hear ya, some places in Texas and the Dakotas make it easy to fly in and out if you can afford that. You'll make enough in 2-3 days to pay for the travel. That's what one of my bosses used to do. He lived in Wisconsin and flew to North Dakota

Seriously. The site I'm on, guys making over a 100k and have nothing to show for it. It's sad honestly, most of them are miserable.

Sorry this was meant to be for

If I find a job I'll just live as close as possible if its cheap, but its a matter of finding one to begin with.

Well thanks for chatting with me boys. Made my night slightly less boring