What are some movies that take place in a single setting?

What are some movies that take place in a single setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YiYmAixzpMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ur life

Hilarious.

#Burnt

my dinner with andre, more or less.

Rope

Phone booth kinda
saw kinda
thirteen ghosts kinda

Every movie where they don't go to space.

Moon

Adultery on Netflix
90% of it takes place in the room with the angry husband, naked wife and naked black guy
I might be wrong and it's probably shit, I only watched the part where the angry husband forced the black guy to tell his qt azn wife what he did and then she comes over and fucks the husband in front of his wife and her husband
It was alright

12 angry men

Dogville

Reservoir Dogs
12 angry cucks

Wait until dark

Carnage

12 Angry Men
Saw
Exam
Circle
Fermat's Room
Hunger
Devil
ATM

the man from earth

>the angry husband forced the black guy to tell his qt azn wife what he did and then she comes over and fucks the husband in front of his wife and her husband
This probably sounded coherent as you typed it out

tron

takes place in a computer

TDKR just takes place on that plane, right?
I've never seen the movie, but all the screenshots I've ever seen are on or near an airplane.

Titanic, whole movie takes place in a boat.

"I'm on a boat!"
Lol

fuck man that was a good movie. sad ending but absolutely thrilling the whole way through

Phone Booth.

don't watch this abomination please, it is a disgrace to even call it a movie

Believe it or not, george isnt at home..

I watched it and though I got kinda bored I thought it was actually worth the watch and kind of interesting.

Then I read quotes people have posted from it and wonder why I am so retarded.

this user knows his shit

also .. the traveling salesman
and the sunset limited

pic not related

People who like it are not even aware that they just like the idea behind the movie, not the actual movie.
Because every single filmmaking element besides the intriguing backstory is ridiculously bad.
Really really bad.

I can objectively shit on that movie for days.

Coherence

Kinda?

Been a long time since I've seen it, but go ahead and shit on it to job my memory here.

What, in your opinion, is "bad" about The Man from Earth? (imdb ranking: 8.0)

Usually Sup Forums comes to an agreement. It's a cozy single-setting film that unfortunately gets ruined by the man literally being Jesus Christ. He should have simply been a disciple as with Buddha or a friend as with the artist or even a disbelieving Roman soldier. But nope, he's the most important person in human history,

This conclusion is usually reached within 10 posts or after 200 posts of religious shitposting.

you thought Tony Todd (black guy) John Billingsley (old white dude) and Ellen Crawford (religious woman) were bad in it???? such subtle well crafted characters where "objectively" lol bad??

I'm sorry, are you implying Buddha was the disciple of a person that wouldn't be born for several centuries after his death?

LOVE

Hard candy

>someone has watched this other than me
I feel non-platonic love towards your existence.

>Ain't It Cool News

the entire point of the film is that John Oldman is not the most important person in human history even if he was Jesus!! thats all bullshit made up by the church to justify their suppression of the faithful and the distortion of his actual teachings

would breakfast club count?

>"It looks beautiful" was one of the best blurbs they could find

Jacob's Latter
Exam (2009)
The Killing Room

I've always wanted a TV series that is set in a bar, and it's just about the comings and going of different patrons. Throughout the series we learn about their lives from their conversation with the bartender and each other.

Does this exist somewhere?

Does this count?

This movie was super.

Bug was good. Michael Shannon is pretty much always great

Jesus main message was pretty much "be nice to each other EVEN if you think what the other person is doing is sinful or some shit". I mean, his best friends were prostitutes and the jewiest of jews, and his whole deal was "I came here to help the sinners not the saints, please be nice". Real nice job the "Christian" faith did following that one.

The Man from Earth is the ultimate pleb detector.

It's for people like who feel "smart" after watching it without realising how fucking atrocious it is.
It's like a bad cheesy B movie from the 90s. The only redeeming factor is the intriguing backstory, literally every other film element is utter dogshit.

From the mexican telenovela like acting, generic stock soundtrack, no character development, no actual dialogue just a long exposition Q&A throughout, constant boring back to back camerawork, no use of the one room, no creative lighting, a side love story pulled out of the ass, most cliche character traits, literally everything. I had to look up twice that it actually was from 2007, not early 90s.
This shit shouldn't even be a movie, it should be a book or a play. Or given to some other director because Richard Schenkman doesn't even know what a director is.
Just look at any other movie in his profile, everything is a meme (pic related)

And don't tell me they had no budget, 200 000$ is not small budget for this kind of movie. There are far superior movies with half the budget of that.

This movie has no artistic value whatsoever. It is just an excuse to make money from the script.
You will never see a renowned director admire this movie because there is nothing to admire except the concept.

Just try to compare this movie to let's say 12 Angry Men, both set in one room. The difference is almost laughable.

I will shill this hate towards it forever, fucking schenkmanshit.

Dredd

Locke
can't believe you plebs

GOAT answer

To be fair, given it had a 500k budget and was filmed mostly in the director's backyard, it DOES look beautiful.

youtube.com/watch?v=YiYmAixzpMg

Looks like ass

The Thing
The Shining
Dawn of the Dead

Lebanon

>Just try to compare this movie to let's say 12 Angry Men, both set in one room. The difference is almost laughable.

lol sure Quincy talking about knife fighting tactics totally authentic, the score is terrible, at leased Oldman had a backstory... name a single piece of backstory from any of the 12 men ........... you really havent a fucking clue about what you are posting and that is a shitty pasta just makes it worse

>Jebus
>the most important person in human history

tips

No, user is clearly saying that Jesus, in the film, was a disciple of Bhudda.

Which is correct, as far as the film goes.

>a work of scifi that stays true to one of its main tenants, to utilize futuristic technology or settings in order to meditate on the state of the world as it exists now
>comment on how it looks
Printed media was a fucking mistake.

>tenants
How much is sci-fi charging per month these days?

Interesting, will check it out.

One bottle of merlot and five goldfish crackers.

This must be bait.

pretty underrated desu

Room, at least for the first half of the movie. Very claustrophobic

I don't watch a lot of TV series, does one exist? I'm a visitor from Sup Forums so I watch less live action than most people here

12 mad men
the hateful eight
reservoir dogs

If you really think The Man from Earth is a great movie, just keep in mind that every other movie from the same director doesn't have a 5/10 rating on fucking IMDb.

So even normie shits couldn't digest the others as "passable" movies.
What makes you think Schenkman suddenly knew what he doing in 2007?

It is a disgrace to filmmaking.

lmao roasted

this post made my day CHEERS

12 Angry Men is the best IMO.

Buried

Dont talk shit about my favorite movie

>name a single piece of backstory from any of the 12 men

Not same user, but Lee J Cobb's character had a poor relationship with his son that basically made him resentful of the world, and having to wear cardboard belts. This is why he was so fired up against the kid charged with killing his father.

The man from earth.

90% of the movie takes place inside one room in a house. The rest takes place in the front yard.

whoa....... are you honestly saying a film is bad because the directors other films are bad?? im not saying its kino, but its decent acting from Tony Todd (black guy) John Billingsley (old white dude) and Ellen Crawford (religious woman) an intriguing, thought provoking premise ... well paced and cozy as fuck solid 7/10. It would appear your just a contrarian douche that shit on anything that isnt a master piece

user, who said the films in this thread had to be god tier?

Stop being a dick. Your in Sup Forums, not Sup Forums.

thats the plot ... not back story
but ok sure ish maybe

Not a movie, but The Smoking Room takes place in a single room. Both seasons.

Third user here to have seen it.
Fucking loved Angels and Airwaves when they were making it. Then they kept delaying the thing for years. Went on to other music, but watched it when it finally came out. I should watch it again.

Also OP, Victoria may count. Two hour film is a single shot, takes place in Berlin.

That is just one reason. I have given plenty more reasons in the post above.
I am not saying you can't like it, but you have to acknowledge that it has a buttload of laughable flaws in it.

That user asked specifically to explain why is it a bad movie. And I gave actual arguments why, not just a buzzword shitpost.

And threads like these are a form of recommendation threads. So I strongly DON'T recommend The Man from Earth to anyone.

Panic Room
Unfriended (sorta, protag is in her room on the computer)
Russian Ark, filmed in a museum in one take

Okay, What about Klugman's backstory of being a bad youth that hung around with other violent youths but eventually grew up and became a productive member of society?

Snowpiercer and Source Code are both set on trains

yup that was the strawman i was looking for.
the entire thing was so horribly contrived i physically cringe every time i see it.

so shitty juror who hate all kids coz his kid is gay. and quincy's is gonna slice you a knew one. other that that no back story to anyone?? shit i like 12 angry men, but for the acting and atmosphere ... imply the script is a strength is just wrong

Frozen. Not that one.

A good 80% of it takes place on a ski lift.

Okay now I'm sure this is bait. It's got to be.

Either this is bait or you are legitimately retarded.

>im not saying its kino
Why is a sentence like this being used unironically now?

Waiting for Godot

>but you have to acknowledge that it has a buttload of laughable flaws in it.
nope ... the score is shitty and
the guy coincidentally being his kid was fucking stupid other than that its flaws are minor,...... not oscar worthy acting ... so ..... not a memorable score ... so ... cinematography wasnt citizen kane level ... what was flawed???

Several boats. And a bar briefly. And different time periods. An absurd amount of locations.

Why do you type like this is YouTube? Fuck off.

What's your obsession with backstory?

So now a film that covers a few hours of the character's lives has to have full backstories?

You'll be complaining of lack of character development next.

Deathtrap

because the purpose of language is to convey meaning ... did you understand what i ment?
then job done

No I don't, because kino is a cancerous buzzword that doesn't have any meaning. You could've just as easily have said "im not saying its a meme movie".

because im dyslexic
how bout #UgoFuckYoureSelf

You're lysdexic.

The man from earth is a massive atheism-wank and the shitty ending destroys the little point and credibility it ever had