How do you deal with the fact that everything in life is meaningless?

How do you deal with the fact that everything in life is meaningless?
Nothing matters and you are just one more person to eventually die and be forgotten in the future.
Is the only meaning in life just not to go extinct?

Attached: Rollo.jpg (575x767, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MH2WlZ3zQ70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>how do you deal...
hedonism

The meaning of life?
why...to create...my child...

Attached: Creation.jpg (1837x1831, 1.73M)

But whats the point?

I mean I could just smoke green all day erry day but what is the meaning in that?
What does that give me? its just a distraction from all thats not right.
Im not fixing anything Im just running away.

Whats the point in creating when it will just be forgotten in the future?

scrollware sounds fucking amazing

Attached: 1521427623004.jpg (645x773, 56K)

It's the fucking journey bitch

Just enjoy the little things that vive you happines, like shitposting or jerking off

Attached: 1521529033046s.jpg (107x125, 3K)

Construct meaning.

I search for the truth. Nothing else to do with my time here.

Things aren't as they seem in the world we live in.

Attached: Snapchat-2088051573.jpg (720x1280, 355K)

Thats what Ive been doing the last ten years but it all just seems so ... meaningless.

Life has meaning. Only you can find it.

Das some conspiracy theory shit user

just rub one out and forget about it

I don't know. I spend everyday sad and miserable inside, wondering what will end it besides the sweet embrace of death

There is no point, life is slavery, death is freedom

I mean its not as if there is nothing enjoiable in life but when it comes down to it, whats the point?

To keep our species alive

It's history my friend.

I have no obligation to the human race, and besides, what's the point?

Once upon a time there was nothing. However, nothing can't exist without something. Because without something what does nothing even mean? So since there was nothing, there had to be something. So now there is everything. And we are in the middle of it. Thee end

Like i said dont think about it, just get something you enjoy doing and do it till you get bored and then get something else, there its no meaning in life

This guy gets it

Everything in life is meaningful.
Everything matters and you are one of many people who is cared about now and in the future.
You determine what your meaning in life is.

Therefore you have no obligation to yourself.

Ergo kys asap if you thunk life is so valueless

Life, dreams, hope... where did they come from? And where do they go?

God, I love Kefka. He's the only person, real or fictional, who has ever made sense to me.

That's the purpose of every living thing just procreate to keep your species alive there's nothing more to it

Doesnt worry me as much as the eternal abyss after death. Scares the shit out of me.

just think of it as flipping the power switch

And always remember OP, if everything fails you can always become an hero via kys

youtube.com/watch?v=MH2WlZ3zQ70

So who made this rule, and why?
Why do animals fight so hard to mate and reproduce, when extinction is the ultimate fate of all species? Think of all the billions of lifeforms that existed and died out without us even knowing about them. What was it for? Some weirdo God watching on and laughing like a maniac?

Try hallucinogens

Attached: 1521480723557.jpg (406x308, 40K)

thats not the way

I mean, don't you know that way better than you know this life anyways? You have been there all but what? the past few decades?

Well I think part of why I see things this way is because society is just going downhill.

This may be your answer. You will either love life or kill yourself afterwards. Depends on how you intemperate the true meaning of reality

Why not?

Why kys when you could just not care to live a full life?

Go hard. Do drugs, do all the shit society tells you that you cant do.

Way better than just necking

Society is definitely changing. Personally I believe we're witnessing the beginning of the end of humanity.

Life is pretty gay. Just live it up and try to get the highest score you can. I don't have any cheat codes, but the losers are losers by choice. I wanna die soon tho, don't want to risk hell if it's real tho

Well the few things i have the motivation to are vidya weed and masterbaiting.
Havent left the house in 3 weeks and had a project that should have been finished last week.
I havent even started.

it is.

>Havent left the house in 3 weeks and had a >project that should have been finished last week.
>I havent even started.

What kind of project?

and the start to something even greater

People have been believing this shit for 1000s of year

This really takes me back to my angsty teen years.

Nihilism is a modern problem because back before the industrial revolution and antibiotics were invented it was hard to question your own existence when you were starving and dying from an infected wound because you are literally covered in shit. You now have that luxury; congratulations.

Attached: monty_python_peasants.jpg (533x288, 60K)

I am in the same boat I've come to realize that an hero is the best answer I am just saving for the funeral cost

If you are in college I know this slump. Quit masturbating and smoking weed all the time. You will regain motivation to get shit done. And once you start getting shit done you will find your overall happiness will increase and you will start to get your life back on track

It's different now because of the decline of masculinity.

dont know how to word it its a graduation project in programming for my
higher Vocational School (?)
im mildly depressed rn.

Shit thats a good idea

Attached: 1521524622864s.jpg (113x125, 2K)

By trying to enjoy it while it last

well havent smoked in 5 weeks and masturbating like 2 times a week.
kinda out of motivation

Well that certainly sounds boring as hell in my opinion. I probably would not give a fuck either. Being mildly depressed is better than being critically depressed though, so it could be worse. That's probably not very consoling.

Look up "Roman Empire" A time where people could be openly homosexual and the peak of feminine men in human history
and yes I know that shit failed, and yet humanity lived on

Thats only half of what I said. You also have to actually start doing productive shit

Earn that money. So you can take over the world. The Soros model, is what I'm calling it. That's my plan.

well im clear on that but getting help is kinda hard where i live tho...
u have to wait like minimum 3 months for an appointment with a psychologist

the problem is there is just no fight left in me you know having this depression every winter for 5 years and it just gets worse

It's the way of life it's just an natural instinct to reproduce and be scared of death but we've evolved so far that we can tell what our purpose is and that death is inevitable but that doesn't have to be a bad thing

>take over the world
>die
>meaningless

like OP said

It’s not meaningless, you give your own meaning. Worthless, redundant and stupid is more of my philosophical problem.

after you die everything u did becomes meaningless

Psychologists likely won't help. They may act like they care but they're just there to sell drugs. Plus they fill your head with bullshit.

Well how is that project going?

I contradict that statement in that I have no desire to reproduce, nor do I fear death.

i have max 2 h of work done and in that time i was high af

Because you haven't done shit. Start fucking doing shit and you will be to detracted and busy to wallow in self pity. And eventually, you will start to find success and start to feel genuine happiness again. It may take a while, and you WILL have to commit. It's up to you to determine whether that happiness is worth fighting for. You get out of this life what you put into it. Start putting into it

I also havent slept in 22 h

Like i said op, you can always become an hero and stream it so your death has a meaning OF people watching it

exactly, after is the key word here

every summer and autumn im hyped but then in like december depression kicks in and just drags me down every year

killing yourself for the enjoiment of others is a terrible thought imo

I was trying to say that we evolved so far that we don't have to fear death and don't have to reproduce because we see how many humans there are and don't have to worry about our species unlike pandas for example they don't have this consciousness they just have instincts

Attached: DFfCb5-UMAApS3X[1].jpg (1033x1200, 234K)

ITS THE FUCKING JOURNEY! ITS ABOUT YOU BEING A BEING IN A STRANGE FUCKING WORLD THAT YOU KNOW KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BUT LEARNING ADAPTING AND BENDING IT TO YOUR WILL! GOD DAMN MAN YOU ARE DENSE AS HELL! In this existence of nothing you are given something, anything at all, and you still bitch about it. It's like a picture, it doesn't mean much, and eventually it wont mean anything, but for a time, for a short time it did mean something. Why can't you find the beauty in that? That fact that it wont mean anything one day, but it still happened. Thats the beauty

my thought in consulting a psychotherapist isnt so that he helps me its to help me help myself

Just chill and do what you enjoy. Being a jaded fuck about life is only going to make you feel shitty, which is only gonna make your short, meaningless existence even worse. Why do that?

Attached: 1435227160399.jpg (275x280, 26K)

have you graduated college yet? Because that changes everything

>searching for meaning

there's your problem. enjoy what you have while you have it, stop trying to look further than that.

whats the approx age for college graduation? in germany its an other system

all depends on the degree and how hard you hit it. anywhere from 2 to 10+ years.

21-24 in the states

well after graduation I would go to uni soo..

College in the states is university in Europe. High school in the states is college in Europe. So when I say college I mean University

Exactly

Attached: IMG_0166.jpg (877x1265, 789K)

And what I mean by that is in the states College and University are the same thing

>How do you deal with the fact that everything in life is meaningless?

Playing PUBG is meaninless too, but most players enjoy it.
Since you've access to a computer with internet you probably live in a nice place, so enjoy your life while it last.
You could die tomorrow in a car accident, and then you would think "damned, I should have done ...", replace the dots.

Attached: People-Attempting-to-Hang-Themselves-Usually-Succeed-2.jpg (336x336, 18K)

What does the second wheel by default?

dunno prob scam

eastern niggers came in and took the west. Eastern niggers are gonna take the west again

Me too. Care to elaborate? I want to see if there are any similarities in our findings.

You're probably thinking of a psychiatrist. Also, you couldn't be more wrong. Actual psychs don't give you ideas, they help you explore your own. Counselors are worse

well the last 3 didnt help so ur prob right

>nothing matters
What about pain? If I cut off your right arm would that "matter" to you?

In the greater picture no because pain subsides.
the loss of an arm however...

Hedonism isn't about doing what other people enjoy. Its about doing what you enjoy enough to distract from questions such as these

>tfw you're hedonising this wrong