Be me, 23

>be me, 23
>my own place
>play online vidya at night with friends every night after work
>neighbors complain about hearing noise at night, not directly pointing at me but highly suggesting it was me
>don't want to be an autistic asshole and want to stay silent for neighbors
>have trouble keeping control of my voice and letting too much sound go everytime i get into the moment

Haven't heard of them yet but i can't help being autistic about this. What do? I want to play games while having medium-loud conversations. I was thinking about a sound monitor or something.

inb4 stfu. That's exactly what i'm trying to do.

Pic very unrelated

Attached: chrome_2017-03-23_21-31-15.png (598x612, 717K)

>neighbors hearing noises at night
how fucking loud are you? I'm loud as fuck and my housemates down the hall don't complain about noise.

I usually keep one side of my headphones off of my ear so I can keep relatively quiet. Or at least, not fucking loud. It's autistic but I've been doing it since I was in HS.

Hearing just how fucking loud you're speaking, into a microphone less than six inches from your face, makes it a lot easier to not scream into the mic.

Just tell them you're autistic and go on with your REEEE's

Isolation isn't the best around here but my loud voice doesn't help either.

Set up your battle station further away from them and you can maybe get a headset, but I dunno, they sound like faggots. Maybe just be louder instead.

I've tried this a while ago. I always ended up putting the headphones back on normally after a while. Seems like a retry of this technique won't hurt though

>isolation isn't the best
nigga are you camping?? Because isolation isn't the best here either. Far as I can tell the walls are nothing special and -no joke- people across the hall from me cant hear shit

This might just work

Attached: chrome_2018-01-22_03-04-29.png (463x661, 369K)

Get thicker carpet, it absorbs more sound than you realize.

Is this an apartment? Is it from above below?
Is it a house? If it's a house tell them to upgrade their walls. You're fine.

Well, that's good for you dude. Very proud of you. Now to find a solution for my 10-trillion-DB voice having ass.

play loud music instead so they cant hear you

or tell them to get fucked and REEEEEE to their face

also get sound proofing stuff

It's an apartment, i'm on the second floor and the neighbors from above complained about it.

They told me they suspected that it was the one living next to me but i just picked that suggestion up as a passive aggressive way of telling me to shut the fuck up. Got me thinking though.

What is the source of the sound leaking? That would be a good place to start. It could just be shitty thin walls, but sometimes ventilation and the cracks between door and frame are other major areas of sound leaking.

Remember the air is just a thick substance through which vibrations pass through, and then on to other materials. If you hang heavy sound reducing drapes (blankets if you wanna poorfag it) from ceiling to floor surrounding the area you game it will cut the sound 5-10db already.

Living alone and having dweeb friends, you probably go through a lot of eggs, the cartons can double as ghetto sound insulation on your walls. Again, not going to help very much, but any bit helps. If you have money to blow you could use cut-in-half tennis balls instead, although at that point you might want to save and consider actual soundproofing board (online or a music shop that carries recording equipment).

Godspeed user, I too fucking SHOUT when the match gets hype. Luckily I live in the fucking boonies right now but I've been there.

Stop being so autistic. What you think is "medium loud" is probably the thx sound effect. Shut the fuck up. I'm serious. If people in another house can hear your speaking voice they're either little bitches or you're louder than Hiroshima circa 1945

how about you learn some fucking voice control? I tell my friends to keep quiet as well when they start getting louder

kek. I should have clarified though. They live one floor above me. Not in another house of it's own.

Other then that you're probably right.

Damn dude. That's great information. I thought using blankets and cartons only helped the acoustics of the room instead of isolation though. Does it actually block sound (even the slightest bit)?

Move your computer out of your bedroom. Their apartment is probably a copy-paste of yours. Just move your PC away from their bed. If you're still too loud then yeah they're bitches or you're a goddamn garbage disposal and should shut the fuck up.

Just ordinary blankets can help kill some noise, commercial soundproofing blankets will definitely show results. Might be a bit strange to configure now that I realize it's your neighbors directly above you, though.

As far as blankets there are two types of sound blankets really, those that ABSORB the sound that hits them and those that both ABSORB and BLOCK the sound; of the two the latter may be of better use to you. The overall noise reduction may be less for the room you're in but the directional blockage of sound definitely helps. Keep in mind your whole room is an acoustic chamber and if sound is leaking through vents, doors, etc the blankets will help very little unless you create a literal cocoon of sound blankets. People will usually set these up at theaters to move around backstage, construction sites to directionally block noise headed towards residential areas, etc and they work well for that.

Cheap moving blankets (those blue ones from harbor freight) are the in-between step, they will cut noise to a degree on the high end but low frequencies still cut through (if you're a dude, your voice is probably too deep for moving blankets alone)

It's almost unthinkable that they can hear you when they're above you. I've lived in 3 different apartments, all on the second of 3 floors. I could hear my upstairs neighbor walk, take a shower, or (in one case it was a nig upstairs) blast bass-heavy music at 3 in the morning. I also had one downstairs neighbor complain about my creaky floorboard. He was kind of a psycho though. He called the cops on me for dropping a plate while I was doing dishes around 10pm. I literally have never heard a peep from any of my downstairs neighbors. You're just autistic.

Attached: sebastian-crab-lobster_5.jpg (981x740, 191K)

Yeah, same with my thick carpet suggestion.
If you have hard surfaces sound waves and vibrations bounce off of them. Hardwood floors, great for carrying acoustics, tile - the same.
Really thick carpet can absorb as much as a third of sound in an apartment. And it kills any echo from bouncing up.

Hanging a few blankets on the wall also dampens vibes.
Just look up some basic sound physics and theories. It's great knowledge to have. Also, if you want to be a total autist- just go to their apartment and make comments like 'shit that's not enough carpet' or 'damn your carpets are thin as fuck... no wonder you hear your neighbors so easily!'

Perhaps you could learn self-control.

Fuck off commie, we're trying to configure how someone can have freedoms without affecting other's freedoms.

I'm assuming you get state aid for your autistic section 8 housing situation if that's the case fuckem what can they do

>He called the cops on me for dropping a plate while I was doing dishes around 10pm

Holy shit that's retarded

Next time you look at a unit to live in, make sure to ask about firewalls and concrete.

My favorite place had both. Our neighbor above played drums. Never heard them once.
Only live in apartments with at least 4 inches of cement between layers.

This is good advice. I'll look into what i can do to minimize the sound levels, next to shutting up more of course.

This must be heaven on earth.

staple eggcartons on the wall

/thread

tell them to fuck off.
if they choose to live in an apartment surrounded by neighbors, they have no right to complain. unless of course you're being an asshole and blasting music at all hours of the night.

>neighbors complain again
>can't blame me, look at my egg-carton wall!
>oh shit sorry user we cool.

I mean, right?

Can't say i'm silent but i never had the intention to disturb anyone. I may be autistic but i'm not an asshole.

as long as you follow some kind of curfew they can complain away

True, true

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1008x563, 126K)