Memes aside, I can't think of a more impressive stunt in all of cinema

Memes aside, I can't think of a more impressive stunt in all of cinema.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qSEVyzKmlyU
youtube.com/watch?v=QiP66lymZAI
youtube.com/watch?v=0vNvc9n1ikI
youtube.com/watch?v=97dBfdNrf9A
youtube.com/watch?v=_J8XM1_rOTg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The General.

Marvel stunts are better

Inception hallway stunts were equally impressive.

>

have you never seen fitzcarraldo

fpbp

Cool what so much you can do with practical effects. Especially in the way you can use one effect to create many other effects (the hamster wheel thing was also used for the centrifuge set for 2001, which really does showcase a very different effect (literally false gravity v.s. anti-gravity!)).

>Memes aside

On this board? Cheah!!!
It was impressive. Then you realize it really made no sense plotwise.

>This.
The ultimate practical effects kino.

Which movie is that? 1998 one?

>It was impressive
It really wasn't. The entire sequence is bewildering. Besides, if you told me it was green screened I wouldn't doubt it. Fuck Nolan. Praise George Miller instead Mad Max Fury Road >>>>> All of The Shit Knight movies

>elevators
>impressive

cute

>helicopters
>impressive

>hanging off a tether with a harness
>impressive

>planes
>impressive

"And...cut!" - John "How Do I" Landis

Seriously, Keaton had more talent, balls, and imagination in his broken vertebrae than Nolan has in his entire being.

I'm not a Batman or superhero fan in general, I've seen this movie like three times and can't tell you what half of the shit in it means, or why it matters, or why they're showing it to me. I barely understand who the fuck Bane is.

You might have a learning disability, user.

Reportedly he is doing something even bigger in Dunkirk

>"Nolan reconditioned actual warships for the shoot, including the French Navy destroyer Maillé-Brézé, and reportedly spent $5 million of the budget on a vintage aircraft so as to attach it with IMAX cameras before crashing it on-screen."

MEMEGOD WILL DELIVER AGAIN

>The battlestar galactica jumping above a cylon defended planet

>Plummets through it's atmosphere

>deploys all it's fighters

>Jumps out before hitting the ground.

what about when bond did it?

Damn you're dumb as fuck faggot lmao

>crashing a vintage aircraft

With attached IMAX cameras which cost more on their own than my car.

Absolute madman.

Sounds like it could be the biggest stunt since the silent era.

youtu.be/qSEVyzKmlyU

I'm infinitely more impressed by people throwing themselves down stairs or rocky slopes, or falling off of moving horses.

also people died doing ben hur stunts, get hardcore.

youtube.com/watch?v=QiP66lymZAI

People who don't appreciate jackie chan are mentally ill or too much of a lazy faggot to watch his chinese films. I can't even watch western action films anymore after watching jackie chan and some other asian kung fu films.

Fuck yes I've need a war film for the longest time

Well for starters he's a bug guy.

>Commissioned in 1957
reeeeeeeeeee

/thread

The Mosquito Man?

Came here to post this, good on you

Silent era stars will never ever be beat legally

Based Mel has a war kino out RIGHT NOW

kek

I'm not that user, but I need to know if it's inappropriate to take an Asian girl to Hacksaw Ridge.

if not im gonna have to take her to arrival or God forbid dr strange

>The General.
probably one of the coolest things I've seen in television desu

Take her to the arrival, trust me, good luck.

gr8 video m8

Came here to post some Jackie, he's an absolute beast.

quads

also any stunt that killed people is instantly top 10% hardcore.

When Jackie Chan held onto a helicopter ladder for dear life for over 20 minutes with just upper body strength and no safety precautions

Hong Kong Hollywood gives no fucks about the lives of its actors

Most of Jackies shit is more impressive than 4U

The chase scene from Bullit is amazing. Shot all of it in one take.

youtube.com/watch?v=0vNvc9n1ikI

It's impressive if it was practical, which it's not. It's probably green-screen so it's really unimpressive.

This. The man is a fucking legend.

The upcoming Resident Evil stunt where Jovovich's stunt double got their face de-gloved.

While I would agree this is the most badass moments in TV history, I think what OP is going for is practical effects.

Nope

Watching the American movies of people like Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Donnie Chen and a few others is a waste of time. They are at their best when they film in their own countries.

I thought no one forced Jackie Chan to do this stunt without safely measures. It's not that they don't give a fuck about his life, it's that he wants it that way.

This

mostly cause there are too many safety regulations in the west and in Hong Kong they dont give a fuck and push actors to do insane stunts and fight scenes were a slip up can maim or even kill them

What the fuck dude, what are his medical bills like? jesus that was painful to watch

Charlie Sheen getting his Russian chick out of the boot of the falling car, in Terminal Velocity (1993)

jesus christ, he was actually a fucking mad man.

That Tom Cruise plane sequence in Rogue Nation.

Imagine how he must feel sitting there at that moment, knowing he, Thomas Cruise Mapother IV, is the greatest human being who ever existed

What are some non Western Jackie Chan movies to watch?

thanks mate

The Police Story series, although I haven't seen the fourth one
Drunken Master 1 and 2 obviously
Armour of God 1 and 2

Wow, how have I not seen any of these? He's fucking nuts.

bam margera and steve-o do just as many crazy things and they're at least funny

you know those guys are letting him do that right? it's all pretend.

and those steel bars are probably plastic.

everyone knows it choreographed you fucking idiot. the impressive thing is the acrobatics, the fact that they're actually sort of hitting each other, and the cinematography. look at how long the cuts are in that scene and compare it to capeshit fights. you don't have to like it but don't pretend it isn't impressive compared to the west.

there's 3-4 cuts in the first 10 seconds

cherrypicking, because its setting up the scene, but look how much action is in each cut. as well as that, compare it to western films, where each punch is its own cut.

there's cuts throughout the whole thing. i don't even care if it's athletically challenging or not, it's not why i watch movies... but you seem to have a chinese film fetish which is fine for your tastes.

Noone forces anyone in the Peoples Republic Of China, they just advice and suggest ;)

Thanks user, and goddamn that looks amazing

Don't reply to shitposters.

>purposefully avoiding my point
of course, you prefer everything in cgi and no actual effort from the actors themselves right? how freaking epic was the new marvel film? xDDDD

what was your point? you know there are other movies outside of the last 10 marvel releases?

well first of all I think his point is that this thread is about impressive stunts you contrarian retard

based jackie chan

i'm a contrarian because...?

look at this

compare to modern movies that do a jump cut as a fist is supposed to impact and cutting to the first moving away, making it look like no impact happened at all

purposefully ignoring the athleticism and acrobatics displayed in the clip because "those steel bars are probably plastic" and "those guys are letting him do it"

>actual bullets flying just inches above his head
>barely any makeup at all
>actually shot a cow to death and had to lay next to it in its death throws, while still bullets whizzed overhead
>stress of the shoot makes your fucking hair turn white

There's no point in arguing with people like him m8, they always delude themselves into winning arguments

what movie

when you say all western movies are bad you're going to have to consider more than just movies that came out recently

he's a decent athlete but some of the moves were pretty corny and the film may have been sped up

what about when the lotr guy actually had a knife thrown at him and he actually dodged that shit

jesus you're like a fucking child. i'm entitled to my opinion, that doesn't make it an "argument" or "contrarian". it's just a fucking discussion grow up you little vagina.

>get 2+ golds and a card nearly every placement match, counter pick and shit, trying for the objective and not just hurr damage lol
>have lost all but two, people holding onto their ults all game, refusing to play non shit heroes and being generally garbage

Can't wait to see my garbage competitive score

youtube.com/watch?v=97dBfdNrf9A

please, just look at all that safety equipment
get on Busters level

youtube.com/watch?v=_J8XM1_rOTg

Nice crossboard, you fucking retard.

>he's a decent athlete but some of the moves were pretty corny
not that user but neck yourself faggot

Come and See

All CGI. Keaton was a hack.

yeah that was cool when he flung the little bar and hit that guys toes, causing him to summersault through the air.

You're the one who engaged in the argument with the sole purpose of saying someone is wrong, then refused to listen to his counters so you can say "I'm the right one!". He didn't even ask you to like it, he only asked you to give credit where credit's due, but you're having none of that, gotta win them anonymous internet arguments by covering your ears. Who's the real child here?

>m- muh opinion
Yeah, as expected.

That stunt from Road Warrior where the guy pinwheeled about 80 feet through the air off a bike is pretty hardcore

Despite all the memery, Nolan is a great director if you love practical effects.