HELP!

HELP!
My dog ate a whole rib bone, swallowing it whole. What should I do? He ate it like 3 minutes ago, he seems fine right now.
He's bigger than a bull dog but smaller than a German Shepherd. Fuck, help

Attached: rib_bone_body_image.jpg (600x400, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3N0yq_xH-q8.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vet user, best bet

I don't know but if you can't afford a vet, the best option I can think of on the spot is to go ask reddit, they probably have a chat for questions like this on one of their animal subs. I wish your dog all the best bro

>inb4 leddit

Go to the vet

Take him to the vete, he will have a hard time pooping that shit out

I CAN afford it, but I may not. My dipshit sister, who should be taking care of the dog since she brought him home, got into problem with the law last night and might have to "borrow" money from me. Father won't help, mother doesn't have money to help.
The dog is actually a pitbull, about 8-9 months. Hesitant about mentioning that because I know how some btards are lately about pit bulls. If I had the money to spare even remotely comfortably then I'd do it right now rather then wait until he seems like something isn't right, but I can't really do that

Take your dog to the vet, you fucking moron.

Attached: cmon.gif (352x217, 1.64M)

To hell with your sister, dogs more important. Your sister put herself into whatever situation she's in, the dog can't help it.

You can eat bone. As long as it went all the way down he'll be fine. You'd've noticed if something went wrong by the fact the dog would've died a minute ago of asphyxiation.

Seriously though, stomach acid is powerful as fuck. The bone will be down there for a couple of days at most, before dissolving and being shit out. You shouldn't need to worry.

Your dog is innocent. Your sister will probably keep getting in to trouble. Let your sister suffer while knowing that you saved your dog.

Thats her fucking problem. Let her learn a lesson for being a dipshit. That bone can do some serious damage to your dogs stomach and intestines. TAKE IT TO THE VET

Most of the danger of cooked pork bones is that they splinter when chewed.
If your dog swallowed it whole, the risk now is intestinal blockage.
You should pay close attention to your dogs eating and pooping habits over the next couple weeks. Warning signs of intestinal blockage (besides constipation) include weakened appetite, gagging, vommiting and exhaustion.

If you go to a vet they will probably give him an xray and see where in his GI tract the bone currently is. They probably won't recommend surgery unless it becomes lodged (or is big enough that it poses a very high probability of becoming so).

I should hang her out to dry. I didn't speak to her or her friends when picking them up from the police. I think I'm done with her shit, if she didn't have me or my mother's kindness to leech off of she'd get her act right or be gone by now.
I'm still watching him closely and he seems fine for now. My life for the past year has been either taking care of the dogs or cleaning up my sister's shit, or both. I think I'm just gonna stick with the dogs, they at least dont do anything out of spite or malice to me

The fuck you talking about? Gastric acid will chew through the bone like nothing. A fucking bone won't do anything to the stomach and intestines. You tards are making it sound like it's a spiked fucking fossilized bone, while in reality it's just some hard calcium.

A solution of 33% Hydrochloric acid will chew through bone no problem. Now realize it's fucking gastric acid in stomachs, which is much more powerful being composed of hydrochloric acid, potassium chloride and sodium chloride, with a PH of 1.5, compared to pure hydrochloric acid with a PH of around 3. You're all idiots, the bone will be gone from the stomach by tomorrow

youtube.com/watch?v=3N0yq_xH-q8.

Thanks, user, I really appreciate it.
Already mentioned it, but I'm tight for cash. If I could readily spare money for the vet bill I would, but if I did that, all it would take is one thing to go wrong for me to be dead in the water.
The moment I notice something isn't right, I'll take him to the vet

The big worry is that it'll splinter while dissolving, then continue to go through the digestive tract.
But it also may just pass like nothing

the biggest worry with cooked bones is them shattering as they chew them. If he got it down without cutting himself, there's nothing to worry about. That will dissolve just fine.

Your dog might be fine since it's a pit and only ate rib bones. Chicken bones splinter and would actually be a problem. Just CALL the vet and see what they say. Fuck Reddit and whatever else people are saying. Ask an actual fucking vet what you should do.

You're probably fine to do that user, an intestinal blockage isn't going to kill your dog over night. The dog will become noticeably uncomfortable over several days.

You can also gently feel your dogs stomach under its ribs with your hands like the way a doctor might press on your stomach a bit during a physical exam. Depending on the size of your dog and the size of the bone, it my be a noticeable hard spot when stuck

As others have mentioned, your dogs natural digestive system will reduce the size of the bone over time, but its more difficult for those acids and enzymes to dissolve a whole bone as opposed to a pulverized/chewed bone.

shit, already been said, sorry user

>Stomach acid PH: 1.5
>Stronger than 33% HCL solution

Nigger you realize 33% HCL has a PH of 0.01?
Dogs and other animals get bones stuck in them all the time that cause stomach and intestinal blockages. This isn't some new idea that's happening in this Sup Forums thread. Your poorly-googled bro science is not welcome here.

I'm a vet tech. Dog is fine, bone will get broken down no prob. He will just have a really stinky shit.