I hate the town I live in, and I'm looking to make a change. Where in the US does Sup Forums recommend, and why?

I hate the town I live in, and I'm looking to make a change. Where in the US does Sup Forums recommend, and why?

Attached: 1514900187516.jpg (800x600, 85K)

bumping with ass

Attached: 1514900292588.jpg (807x1080, 307K)

Attached: 1514900683566.jpg (664x1000, 153K)

Attached: 1514900741607.jpg (1027x1498, 182K)

Attached: 1514901162041.jpg (750x876, 120K)

Attached: 1514901987572.jpg (564x778, 108K)

Attached: 1514996520516.jpg (515x687, 113K)

Minneapolis
>reasonable prices
>great public transit and bike accessibility
>decriminalized weed (up to 42.5 grams is a max $200 fine petty misdemeanor)
>arts culture, and every band comes through town
>clean city with good roads
>fun hip bars literally everywhere
>state isn't broke
>no tax on clothes
>tons and tons of jobs, actually more open positions than unemployed people
>close to the border so you can go to Canada for funsies especially when weed gets legal, also nice airport
>nice old ladies
>still midwest so politics and regulations are moderate (though more left leaning than rest of the region), things like gun laws are reasonable
>comfy
Main downside is how willing you are to put up with snow

Attached: 1514900708010.jpg (500x669, 57K)

I've considered Minneapolis. I have some friends that live up there, but I think they're about to move down South

Pretty much all of the south is awful though. Broke-ass states with terrible education, roads, crime, and meth/heroin problems. Only if your main concern is barbecue and other fatty foods should it be considered.
Atlanta, Austin, and New Orleans are a little cool but they all have super rough ghetto parts

Usa sucks donkey dick

I've been to Atlanta quite a few times, and it's fucking terrible, there's no way I'm moving there.

My top contenders (in no particular order) are probably Raleigh, Indianapolis, Tampa, Seattle, or Charleston. Nashville maybe. I realize most of these are southern cities, but to me they seem the most appealing places (I don't know anyone who actually lives in any of these places though, so they might all be shitholes)

Maybe so, but that's where I'm stuck for the time being.

Bothell Washington, good community, god jobs, and good pay. A new apartment complex was just built too.

where do you live now and why do you hate it?

I lived in Indianapolis for 9 years, it's not genuinely "nice" by any stretch though I did enjoy it. Stuff does happen, there's a bit of a local music scene (though national acts only occasionally stop by and it's a big deal when they do) and within the city proper the bus can get you most places.
The roads are literally THE WORST though, like third-world country levels of potholes, the infrastructure in general is kind of awful and dirty, especially compared to a place like Minneapolis.
I lived in Broad Ripple though which is the "hip" neighborhood and I really enjoyed it, you could get everything you need on foot and it was a nice place to walk around.
Also within the whole northern half of the city it's a real schizophrenic mish-mash of income levels, from street-to-street and block-to-block whether you're in the ghetto or not changes and it's real bizarre but the result is that nowhere is too scary. Fountain Square south of downtown is cool too (and much cheaper to live there), but go any further down than that or into the southside burbs and it's methhead central.
Also black people outnumber white people within in the city proper if that means anything to you, but people tend to be pretty sensible and street-smart, it's definitely a different vibe to the rest of Indiana which is just destitute and depressing

Virgin, Utah
All the Sup Forumstards are there.

I live in a shithole town in the south

How is the commute to say, Seattle?

If you're smart/hardworking enough to get into software, come work in SF and live in the East Bay.

Buford, Wyoming. We'll be waiting for you.

Is the cost of living worth it?

I require living in a city larger than 10 acres

I've always fantasized about living in places like Montana for some reason. Log cabins etc.

Ted?

Living in bumfuck nowhere sounds peaceful and comfy but then the boredom kicks in, not to mention the slow internet and long travel times to get anything or even like see a movie
Might be better when Amazon starts their drone delivery tho

I can deal with some ghetto, especially if it's small or mixed in with other areas

Probably the main thing that made the city endearing to me was the friends I made, otherwise I'm not sure I would have liked it much. But yeah, there are cool people around there for sure

yeah with a strong job in tech it's totally fine. Even have friends in finance/accounting/law who do alright.