Hi fellow anons. I'm a smoker who wants some tips on how to maintain the motivation to keep away from the death sticks

Hi fellow anons. I'm a smoker who wants some tips on how to maintain the motivation to keep away from the death sticks.
Are there any succesful faggots here who have the dignity to give some tips?

Attached: 51lD8KhQBgL._SL300_.jpg (300x300, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/smoking-cessation/news/20101025/smoking-linked-to-alzheimers-and-dementia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I quit 5 years ago when my doc saw spots on my lungs

Hi Terry.

/adv/ you fgoot

Man up, don't be a bitch. It's what helped me quit.

Stop being a pussy and have some will power. Otherwise keep smoking, fag.

smoked 6 years, stopped 2 years ago. whenever you feel the crave to smoke, you need to erase the thought "I need a smoke right now" and replace it with "my addiction wants to be revived". If the temptation gets too much take the moment to visualize how you would feel after the cigarette. you will regret that you have ruined all that progress you made just to wind up again smelling like shit, feeling dizzy, standing by yourself somewhere and fucking up your shit. Just take the leap, it's not that hard- some pitying yourself or make excuses why you shouldn't be able to do certain things anymore, absolutely nothing will change. you will just feel better everyday

You smell like a rotten ashtray and the black lungs or ass cancer.why quit??

Attached: 1520367836016.gif (390x731, 268K)

*stop pitying yourself ffs

quit smoking 26 days ago. used to smoke a pack a day. I guess its worth noting I am "cheating" by switching to an ecig, but even just that is difficult.

My best advice is find something to do in the times you used to smoke. Like when you'd get in the car, or after a meal, or before bed. Those habits are the hardest to break. I found flavored toothpicks to help, although gum works well too. I just need something to occupy my mouth whenever I get the craving. Also the "smoke free" app helps cause it tallys up the money you are saving and that helped me as well

I quit smoking as of 3 minutes ago.

Been chewing the gum. Seems to help

about to light a sig will stop after it will start with the gum

I just supplement my smoking with gum. It's working I used to smoke 20+ and now I'm down to less than 10

I quit for a few weeks. Was getting a strong craving, might just get some cigs and just smoke 2

U ok?

Just smoke 1

Gum and sunflower seeds for me. Also toothpicks, haven’t smoked in - year or so

>I just need something to occupy my mouth

Attached: RUGay.png (750x686, 351K)

Quit smoking 8 months ago.

Tried to stop gradualy but never worked, nor the patchs or gums..

One night I woke up, throw my cigs in the toilet and never looked back. Work for now.

All you need is motivation, external help will never be usefull if you don't really want to stop.

(sfbe)

Do you like being alive and not shitting yourself?

webmd.com/smoking-cessation/news/20101025/smoking-linked-to-alzheimers-and-dementia

I quit for 1,5 months now. Make the decision, know that you have made the right decision and QUIT today. Also read the book:
Easy way to stop smoking - Allen Carr
You can find it online
I did, it helped a bunch. It helped me realize that you're aren't losing anything by stopping.

I used Chantix. Worked for me, been smoke free for 4 years.

I was a 50g a week smoker for 2 years, I picked up a vape 2 weeks ago, and i havent had or thought about a ciggarette since.

I'll add though that I did need motivation as well. Whenever I had the cold or Flu it would drag out for weeks since I was killing my immune system. Also after most colds/flu I would end up with bronchitis. I was tired of being sick for weeks at time, that was enough for me.
I had been smoking so long that I forgot that I could have a cold for only a couple days. I also just do not get sick as often, maybe 1 or 2 times a year since I'm not constantly suppressing my immune system.

Thanks for sharing your advice guys

don't smoke no matter the excuse. You can't ever let yourself have one because you had a shitty day or something. If you're an addict you're just going to slide back into it. I've been off them for about 6 years. Patches, lozenges, vape, gum don't work unless you scheduling your intake strictly. There's no avoiding the jump no matter how little you use it'll always be there and you have to take it to effectively quit. Try to pick a time to quit when you actually have the fortitude of will to keep it up for at least 2 weeks. Lot of people stop trying to quit because they fuck up a lot and keep relapsing because they time it bad and stop trying to quit because they think they'll fail again. Don't put it off too long though get a couple days where everything has been going your way just do it. Until then ask yourself every morning "can today be the day?". Avoid people who smoke or places where smokers congregate convenience stores, bars, cafes like the plague. Treat yourself but to something else every time you feel like you've made a milestone in quitting first week, first month, first 6 months first year ect.
Always go cold turkey so if you do relapse it'll be easier to quit again.

every time the craving becomes too much (like almost breaking point) use a piece of nicotine gum. don't chew one unless your at critical point.

the small amount of nicotine will help wean you off. honestly tried quitting many times and this worked easily 7 years ago

Seriously, i smoked for 20 years, if you want to quit smoking just do it.

Just don't smoke. Throw away all what you have, no last one nothing.
You'll miss it at first, you'll get angry easily at first but you know that. You it's jist a side effect that will disappear. Bend your body to your will, just stop smoking.

It's as simple as that.

this "worked" for me for a spell until I actually started to prefer the gum to smoking. I swear the slow and low intake like smoking a cigar is much more satisfying to me. I wound up being stuck on the gum and lozenges for 6 years. I only smoked for 4 prior.

Is it possible to heal your lungs from past smoking?

I have managed to not smoke in a hole 1 min. eating sweets seems to help alot

yeah they heal up to normal in less than 6 months. Lung tissue cells regenerate fast which is what also makes getting cancer in them so dangerous it spreads and multiplies quick. Also they go through so many cell divisions and everyone is basically a dice roll for "will this produce a cancer cell that my t cells can't identify?"

lugs heal very quickly. you'll be pink in a year

Smoke weed..

Simple, don't buy any ciggaretes you will stop once you run out

the problem with weed is that you cant just go out and smoke a j whenever you want. the great thing about smoking is you can change the way you feel but with no residual effect

lol

Never mind sweets have been consumed back smoking. Bad plan

Dubs decides if I get a cig

Try cock.

trips arent dubs user

trips = no smoke