How are my fellow alcoholics? I've continued my pint of cheap vodka/whiskey a day routine...

How are my fellow alcoholics? I've continued my pint of cheap vodka/whiskey a day routine, and am excited to dive into some beer later. (I drink bottom shelf liquor but drink craft beer, I know thats pure faggotry).
So
>what are you drinking?
>feels?
You'll get free (You)s from a drunk friend

Attached: 1519073150049.jpg (683x1024, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WwiNi2citbk
youtube.com/watch?v=6OcVjEzK1Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=bSTEac7tS7w
youtube.com/watch?v=8kqOY9jKtJU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck, 11 of quints

I hammer 8 packs of steel reserve everyday and play vidya

I get withdrawals within 14 hours of no booze fml

I wake up and drink then think about my next 8 pack

Steel reserve was the first thing I drank (I was 17 and puked after 2 tall boys). I understand thinking about your next drunk opportunity... haven't gotten the shakes much but im sure I will

Titty bump

Attached: 1517559669547.jpg (500x680, 78K)

Chick in pic has goddess-tier ass and thighs!

You need a medical detox so you dont die user.

She does indeed
He'll realize what he needs, when he feels like he needs it

so right!

9 beers a day isn’t that bad user, you won’t die Dt from that

It’s when you are drinking 1l of liquor a day that it’s very serious

Currently at 11 months drink free. Still an alcoholic, though, and always will be.

I think about it sometimes, usually when I'm bored. But I've relapsed enough to know it's never the way you imagine it's going to be.

It's nice not waking up and having to drive to the gas station at 7am to start drinking, just to relieve the pain of being awake, though.

Well you’re not an alcoholic. It’s just that you could be one at the flip of a switch

No, I am an alcoholic, and I always will be one.
You've surely had dry spells, yeah? maybe you tried to quit and made it a few days? a week? a couple weeks? you were an alcoholic then and you still are one now.

The thing is, if I drink, I'll go on a week long bender and end up in the hospital. It happens every time.

You're an alcoholic. My dad is very involved with aa. Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.

I am afraid of talking to my dad about this. He's been sober for 30 years (he still says hes an alcoholic). I want to be able to manage drinking

Man, I wish I was drinking! Quit because my wife's mom was an alcoholic so it makes her uncomfortable. Starting to wear on me though!

I love top shelf bourbon and vodka, craft beer and a good glass of red wine occasionally. But have pretty much abstained for the past 5+ years.

Am I an alcoholic?

Gunna need some sauce on that

No, you're not. And you know you're not. But if you're happy with your life not drinking, keep strong

That's the thing - If I'm not an alcoholic and I'm abstaining from something I enjoy responsibly how do I keep from becoming resentful? Or do I just say fuck it and do what I want?

As long as you're not acting out or being belligerent, I don't see the problem. I would talk to her about it. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a glass occasionally, if it doesn't become a problem. I kind of understand where she's coming from but still, if it's not a problem then she shouldn't force you not to be able to do something you enjoy.

This girl is amazing

Texasthighs or something like that

My grandma's dad was an alcoholic does that mean I'm invincible or something

If you think you have a problem with your drinking, and your dad is in AA, you need to know you can be open with him about it. Nothing you can say to him will be anything he hasn't heard in the rooms. He may be able to point you in the right direction, introduce you to the right people, take you along to meetings, etc.

If you don't want to talk to him about it, why not check out a meeting on your own. You don't have to say a word, you can just listen. If they ask if it's anyone's first meeting, just raise your hand and say your name, you're an alcoholic, and that it's your first meeting. That's all you need to do to set the ball rolling. People will approach YOU, give you THEIR numbers, and you only need to do what you feel comfortable doing.

That's IF you think you have a problem and want to do something about it. Speaking from experience, it only gets worse with time. The recoveries take longer, the things you lose are more and more. It takes longer to start over, etc. Isn't it tiring having to start from scratch again and again? All you need to say to your dad or a group is that you have the desire to stop drinking. Then you just listen.

There's a better way, trust me on that. I'm not a big book thumper, I don't go to meetings every day, but your life becomes so much better and it happens pretty quickly.

>drink vodka everyday for a year and a half
>stop for a while abruptly
>waiting for w/d but it never comes
>slightly more anxious, but also feel smarter and less foggy at the same time
What gives?
Is it the power of youth?
Stopping daily weed use abruptly feels so much worse, valerian root helped me sleep when no booze but doesn't do shit when I'm off weed. I guess I'll just keep at it, I never blackout or get "social issues" when drinking like some do.
Am I still playing with fire?

Could be your age, could be genetic, could be the amount you drank every day. When I'm in it I drink a fifth or more a day so stopping that abruptly is dangerous.

Yeah, I never drank more than a big half of a fifth in a day and never have days where I drink significantly more. Most of my family drinks, especially the irish side that drinks with every meal, but only one uncle has had serious alcoholism that forced him to quit.

eh i bought a 12 pack of corona light this morning and 2 32 oz beers but only drank 1 today. i'm broke and down to smoking resin, i am normally a stoner.
life sux OP

Hadn't drank since Sunday.
Had a fucking shit day today even though I barely left my bedroom.
Went and got a bottle of whiskey a few hours ago... already drank half and not even close to being drunk.

What a fucking disgrace.

Resin is some nasty shit
Smoking with warm water in a bong seems to cut down the nasty a little bit
We call it butt hash here cuz it taste like ass

eh i bought a 12 pack of corona light this morning and 2 32 oz beers but only drank 1 today. i'm broke and down to smoking resin, i am normally a stoner.
life sux OP

shit i thought the original post didn't go through sry

Im a recovering alcoholic though i relapsed last night. feels shit

im scraping my pipe. the high is shitty and its mostly like you're just depriving your brain of oxygen. but i have ptsd and cannot/do not want to be fucking sober ever

Once I put my kid down to bed it's pounding vodka and playing fortnite for a few hours until it's time to sleep. I gotta get at least 7 hours or I feel like shit all day at work I can't burn it at both ends like I used to when I was younger.

how does weed affect how much you drink?
I'm a bottle of wine in currently... now going to beer cause I ran out of wine. Just curious,.

Another user here. What do you have PTSD for?

why do you feel like shit? does it affect your job or whatever otherwise?>

What a coincidence, me too. Stopped drinking for almost a year before I relapsed about a month ago

There's no shame in going out. The only shame is not making it back. You know what you need to do. Don't let the relapse weigh on you more than it needs to. Get back to doing the right thing.

1 shot and 7 beers deep here. I do this about once a week. Thoughts?

Attached: Astrid-Berges-Frisbey-Pirates-Of-The-Caribbean-astrid-berges-frisbey-26155481-1916-2428.jpg (1916x2428, 507K)

Im curious about this too

youtu.be/WwiNi2citbk
Chuck helped me get into mma and kick my addiction

It can slow it down or let me drink more because less nausea, it just depends on how the night plays out.

Yeah I know, just sick of making the same mistakes over and over but the time between drinks is becoming longer

Can't drink till 1030pm that's my happy hour. Chardonnay for me. Cheers user

Dun, is that you?

stop while you're ahead. once a week will turn into two days a week. two will turn into three. it's a slippery slope.

Pint? I was doing 1.5 a day and quit one day. No rehab, no shakes, no sugar craving.

i usually don't drink at all when i have enough bud, alcohol is a last resort for me. weed & cbd oil gives me relief but i cannot afford this shit

>what are you drinking?

Evan Williams 100 proof. Best price for taste/alcohol content (about $18/1L). Once I discovered I enjoyed drinking whiskey neat, and had minimal hangover, it became my drink of choice.

>feels?

Feeling like an alcoholic. For the last 4 years I'd average a 750 mL of whiskey every 2, maybe 3, days. Sometimes, I'll take an easy day with some craft beer, usually at least 4. My drinking hasn't escalated much as I started drinking at this pace ~3 years ago, so it could be worse, but it still feels like I'm slowly killing myself. Longest I've gone without drinking in the past 4 years is probably a week during family trips/visits.

i've never been formally diagnosed but i'm suspecting i have it. i was sexually assaulted at 13, have had encounters with police as a suicidal person & have had guns and tazers pointed at me & a million other things i obtrusively think about all the time. i've been close to death a lot throughout my later life and it is starting to fuck with me in my 30's

really sucks to lose sober time tho

I am an alcoholic, but I want to stop, because it gives me serious heart pains at age 30. I don't want to die. Wish me luck/success this time.

Attached: 1518924368001.jpg (400x400, 20K)

bump

Sure. I've lost 2 years before. Just get back on the horse and make sure the time in between is as short as possible.

I usually drink 4 bottles of cheap wine per day.
The last two days I drank 6.
I’m not drinking yet today because I’m dry heaving too much.

hey all i'm studying to be an alcohol / drug counselor. i don't drink anymore myself. ama

Attached: Peaks-logos-V2.jpg (2048x626, 108K)

Had a 1l a day vodka habit for about 5 years. Had two seizures when I tried to quit. Almost died. Don't fuck around with withdraw. AA really gave me some insight into why I was a drunk and probably saved my life but I stopped going because it just becomes like this contest between the usuals about who is more sober. Plus I got sick of their same fucking shares and also my own tbh

if you want to do another recovery model see if there is a Smart Recovery near you. it will blow AA out of the water.

When I plan to get wrecked it's usually craft beer. Otherwise I relax with about a pint of bombay saphire a day as either martinis or gin and tonix. I don't seem to go stupid on liquor for some reason.

My work site has mandatory breath testing an random drug testing so usually only drink beer on the weekends

That being said though on the rare occasions I don't drink I don't find it hard not to. I worked at sea on a dry boat for a year 3 months at a time and I didn't find it difficult

How do you know you have a drinking problem? I drank everyday for like 8 months last year and I almost went to rehab for it, but backed out of the idea. Anyway I was clean for maybe 6 or so weeks before I started drinking again. It's been maybe 4 or 5 months now and I drink about 2-3 times a week, mainly on weekends. Anyway sometimes I wonder if I'm kidding myself and whether or not I still have a problem. I don't have a desire to drink every night but there are times when I feel downright miserable. Plus I don't really get the same enjoyable from drinking that I get too. Can anyone here relate to any of this?

>How do you know you have a drinking problem?

Once it has a negative impact on your life or close family.

You were me 15 years ago. I'm up to just under a fifth of booze a night. Tried rehab a couple years ago, they got me sober for 30 days, put me into AA and I bought booze on my way home from the meetings.

AA and rehab is not enough, you need to go into therapy to address and fix the reason why you want to numb everything.

>Almost everyday get really bored
>Walk to nearby liquor store and buy a six pack
>"Okay today I'm only drinking six, I can't go get more"
>Every time I finish the 6 pack I half-drunkenly walk to the liquor store and get a 12 pack
>Wake up the next morning hungover, "fuck I can't drink anymore I need to stop"
>Either that day or 1 or 2 days after the cycle repeats

I can't even afford it and some days I don't even eat anything all day so I can get more drunk off less alcohol. I'm surprised I don't have a massive beer belly considering I don't exercise or weight lift anymore. I drank 18 beer last night, now I'm flat broke until about 2 weeks from now so I guess this is good a time as any to go cold turkey and end the cycle

Agreed, my dad killed himself a year ago and I'm still not over it. My last ex was going to cheat on me and I found out before she did, dumped her, still think about the bitch all the time and all the good times we had in the year and a half of dating. I drink to numb the pain

Shower beer with eleventh and twelfth beer tonight. It's 11 pm on a Tuesday and I have to be at work for 6 am tomorrow. Maybe a bit of an alcohol

Attached: 15215973365131547511443.jpg (2576x1932, 1.24M)

Lame ass Spiked Seltzer.
It's shit but it's 6%

Burnett's vodka is like $10 for a 1.75L bottle... and a completely clean taste. Pro tip from a fellow alcohol.

Also. it's only 100 calories per can.

It did back then, nowadays not so much. My parents obviously know but they don't confront me about it anymore. I think they're just hoping I'll stop on my own or that it doesn't progress to a daily habit. But a big factor in it is outside of college, I'm pretty much a shut in.
I tried the whole counseling thing, really wasn't feeling it at all. I definitely don't want to go to AA meetings. I'd feel like a total dickhole, especially since I have no interest in stopping completely. As for why I want to drink and feel miserably there's tons of reasons. But most of them is my own doing and because of dumb decisions I made.

I went through the same thing for about a year after my fiance bailed on me. Was drinking roughly 100 beer/week. I wasdown to just a 24pack on the weekend but got a really good paycheck this week and bought two more 24's tonight because I'm easily tempted

THIS. I have a close friend that started to try to get her shit together back in October. She's been in and out of rehab/detox since, now she's in a psych ward as she couldn't deal with the mental withdrawal symptoms after staying clean for almost two months and took too much of her prescribed meds. I found her seizuring downstairs, called 911 and all that jazz.

She's going to lose her home if I don't step in, she started not paying her bills so it's like wtf man.

That sucks... My girl of a year and a half was cheating, not nearly as bad. I'm still broken up about it, I look at her facebook/insta and it's clear the day after we broke up she moved on. I was actually done with drinking because of her, then it happened and it was the perfect excuse to relapse. I have no job right now, no friends really since I ex-communicated with them (they were really shitty), my one good friend moved to a city 4 hours away. So I basically just sit at home every day, depressed, while my mom gets on my ass about me being 24 and doing nothing with her life. Plus she's a recovering alcoholic so she's not exactly pleased that I'm living with her for free and just sitting around and drinking when I used to work a lot, hang out with friends, go to the gym etc

*me being 24 and doing nothing with my life

cheap vodka, methadone, and kpins.

feeling hard tonight guys. i've turned back into a bot after a 3 awesome years living it up every night just about it.

but got clean and had to turn a new leaf. my new leaf is my old leaf. alone. im hurting tonight.

got half a 5th left, mikes hard 5% and a loko 10% -- im reallly sad op, anons. i really am tonight.

reminds me of my ex: youtube.com/watch?v=6OcVjEzK1Bs

what i want, but can't. currently jamming to it tho: youtube.com/watch?v=bSTEac7tS7w

I feel ya bro. I'm 24 as well. It took me getting shitfaced, threatening suicide to my ex, arrested and taken to a psych ward before I realized I had a problem. We had a 2 year old daughter together and I was a shitty partner. She left me for another man.

I drink less, but still drink too much, but I changed jobs, sold our house, have been avoiding serious relationships and have been working on bettering myself. Im getting there, have a good amount of savings, planning on buying my old family honestead in the next year or so. I'm happier than I've been in a long time, but I still can't fight that temptation to drink

That's real good man, at least you're getting somewhere. I've been talking about going to University for electrician basically since I got out of highschool but never have, and right now all I have under my belt is various trades jobs I worked. Lately I can't hold a job, half of them I quit and the other ones I get less and less shifts until I quit/am fired because they over-hired. They all say I'm a great worker but it's gotten to the point where I haven't even submitted an application in months, my self-confidence is totally shattered. So I sit at home and drink instead of making any attempt to make my life better, if I could get out of this slump it'd feel SO good to make my ex jealous, but more than that just for myself to know I at least made a mark on this earth instead of drifting through life

glad you got something going for you man. thats whats up. godspeed homie. in the next year or so hopefully i'll die from my own homicide.

Making her jealous and regretting leaving me was a lot of my drive at first, yeah i know it's a shitty goal. I eventually turned a new leaf, and now I wish her nothing but the best, we get along better than we ever did when we were together, and we share custody about 50/50.

Eventually I realized that we were wrong for each other and that I could do better. I stopped putting pussy on a pedestal and lived life for me. Yeah I haven't been laid in over 8 months, but I still feel better than ever.

TL;DR. don't let pussy get you down, it's never worth It, there's literally almost 4 billion more on earth

It's ok, we all make mistakes. Just don't go back to the bottle, we all know where that leads us.

I buy a handle of vodka whenever I run out and leave it in my garage so wife doesn’t find it. I nurse it whenever i get stressed. Sometimes it lasts 5 days. Sometimes 2 weeks.

I didn’t start drinking that much till after my son was born. I love the hell outta him. So sometimes idk why i drink this much. Work pays for very thing. But it sucks.

Yeah man, you're completely right. Plus she wasn't who I perceived her to be at all, she basically lied through her teeth to make me think we had the exact same ideologies and stuff. I mean there was a LOT of good in that relationship, don't get me wrong. I've never been so comfortable with another person. Everytime I get drunk I get way too reminescint. I usually play this song
>youtube.com/watch?v=8kqOY9jKtJU
because one night after a great day together, after we had amazing sex that was so passionate, she laid on my chest and played this song. Never heard it before that night. She gently rubbed my arms while singing this song and she sang it so beautifully. Fuck man, brings a tear to my eye everytime. To think she'd sing this song to me and a few short months afterward she'd be trying to cheat on me.

I know that all too well. We got together when we were 16. Lasted until we were 22. So many good times that just felt like they couldn't be topped. Bought a house and started a family, then we both changed.

Now I can see that she was an angry person and always so quick to snap, 2 years later shes still with her new man, but lately shes always messaging and calling me asking how im doing and telling me about how miserable she is in her relationship, and yeah in a shitty way it feels good, but I keep that to myself.

After a dozen or so 3 - 4 week tinder flings I met another girl about a year ago, and we think the world of each other, We see each other on and off when we can as we both have busy af schedules. But I could see me marrying this girl when both our lives have settled down.

Tl;DR drunk rambling on

What are the withdrawal symptoms like?

Forgot to say the sex with this girl was incredible, I have some incredible fucks from tinder sloots, but with her it was just nothing but complete intimacy and insane passion. I've yet to find anything to compare it to

Fuck I sound like a faggot

Heavy drinker here, I have to keep my shit under control during the week because I work, but on the weekend I unleash the heavy drinker in me. I've been on a few anti-anxiety medications, but nothing releases the anxiety like alcohol does for me. It unlocks my mind.

I wish i could be satisfied with just a pint. I usually drink about 3 pints of crown royal within a few hours and black out about 3 times per week i dont drink daily though