Is wes anderson capable of making a film that only relies on the plot itself and doesnt use all of his trademark...

Is wes anderson capable of making a film that only relies on the plot itself and doesnt use all of his trademark gimmicks?

>only relies on the plot itself
oh my that sounds absolutely atrocious

Go read a book.

>a plot only movie

... at least a third of MST3K should be required viewing before being allowed to post on Sup Forums

tarantino is the casual filter
wes anderson is the pleb filter

You mean a book?

>Why doesn't director do everything the same way others do

Fuck you op

He's inspired by French New Wave which isn't supposed to be story driven. It's supposed to be character driven.

His writing is terrific, this is a moving, funny coming of age film that captures the awkwardness of young love, fuck off with this meme

>Having a style is a gimmick.

wuts da diiffarense between casual and plep?? wuts a filter like oil filter lmao idiot im ain't gonna put oil in my movee player

if all you want is a plot with no visual gimmicks read a fucking book. You absolute fucking moron. What the fuck were you expecting? its a visual medium.

Hahahahahahahaha How Can It Rely On The Plot Itself Hahahaha Nigga Just Read A Book Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

Watch better films mate. Wes Anderson is for plebeians

I don't care if it's b8. If you want just plot read the Wikipedia synopsis.

A lot of posters feign hatred for reddit, but their posts would fit right in there if not for being the opposite of the opinions shared. What I'm saying is that OP is not only a faggot, but part of a hivemind not unlike reddit - only counter to it.

Anderson has a style of filmmaking - as most do - and to remove that would probably make for an uninteresting or generic film. You should really go back to baneposting.

Go read a book faggot.

>Can this director make a movie without all the things that make him a memorable, distinctive director in the first place

Holy shit end yourself negro

Good books have as little to do with plot as good movies.

Very true. Great literature is more about how you write it then what you're writing about. Just like great movies are how you direct it, not what the story is.

>hurr durr it's shot in a unique way therefore it relies solely on it's visuals
Please find the nearest body of water and drown yourself in it.

>trademark gimmicks?
You mean personal style? The thing that all worthwhile directors have? Maybe Spotlight is more your speed