Just watched True Detective S1

just watched True Detective S1

What the fuck is this shit

gOD

Darkness getting broken up by light, is how I interpret it. I don't think it's supposed to be anything supernatural.

a stress induced hallucination

You are a mom anus

It was the moment when he finally became a true detective.

bob ross painting

>This is it... I have finally become HBO's True Detective (Season 1)

A little on the nose but i liked it

>now we'll just put a happy little cosmic horror wormhole right next tot his bush.

it's carcosa. pay attention

There, just above the bones, eating a hole in the ceiling, is Nothing. A howling void; a long, outstretched funnel of unimaginable space, a point in the universe where Truth has punctured our world of illusions and made itself manifest. An impersonal force, then: there is Nothing beyond. There is darkness, and death, and cold – and it doesn’t give a shit about Dora Lange, or Rust’s daughter, or Marty’s infidelity, or whether Errol kills or is killed. There is just a Hole in the Universe.

What happens next is just Rust’s programming: someone tries to kill him, he kills them. An autonomic nervous system successfully defends itself and preserves it’s ability to spread it’s genetic material.

But that’s all it is. The Hole is still there, and it will always be there – and now, Rust knows that.

Before, Rust was a philosopher; he thought, and he guessed, and he surmised. Now, he is a Knower of Truth. He has seen things that the human mind – the pathetic interweaving of sense perceptions and memories that passes for human consciousness – cannot, and should not, know. You can’t eat dinner, kiss the wife, drive a car, hold a job, and know that There Is A Hole In The Universe at the same time. You can’t Live and Know – it has to be one, or the other.

But now, he can’t die, either – because he knows what’s out there. It isn’t nothingness – it’s Nothing. And that’s so, so much worse.

The visions of his daughter, his conversion to optimism, his acceptance of the world – that’s not a victory. That is the ultimate defeat of a man who always told himself that he “stood witness,” a man who took some little bit of pride in the fact that he, alone, was willing to face the world as it was. He is broken in two, his capacity for truth overwhelmed by the utter horror – the impersonal, unfeeling, indescribable terror – of the universe as it truly is.

worst board on the internet

Godnado.

wow you fucking fag

9/10 idea
3/10 execution

keep at it user, you have potential.

Why are people so retarded? It's a hallucination, just like the other hallucinations that Rust has. He also refers to hallucinations repeatedly, why would they take a supernatural turn?

I hope this is bait.

Galactus

katulu

Heh. I disagree with . Execution was at least a 6.

It's the dusty mason.

>person who streams shit
>retard who can't remember basic details from a basic shit

pick 2

What the fuck is wrong with you

This, this is it, it's funny because they brought it up earlier in the season but to see it only happen twice seems out across years of detective work. But this is it.

Ever done acid, ?

*rubs head*

ayy Rick smask you sumthing. *sniffs* How u gon protect us when couldn't even protect your wife from my big redneck cock *squints*