Hey guys should I just puncture my swollen area due to an ingrown toenail? Would that relieve the swelling?

Hey guys should I just puncture my swollen area due to an ingrown toenail? Would that relieve the swelling?

Attached: ds00111_im03878_sn7_ingrown_toenail_treatmentthu_jpg.jpg (632x329, 32K)

if you do that, be sure to use rubbing alcohol or peroxide right after. cover with bandaid or bandage.

Great, sounds like it will work then. I just need it to go down enough so it isn't so painful to remove the ingrown part/do what its showing in the pic above

I suffered with ingrown toenails on both feet for a full year. I kept puncturing and cutting down the nails to no avail. It was only when I let them grow out naturally and then trim them as normal that i finally stopped suffering from them.

Just use a tourniquet at the ankle until your toe goes numb and then you won't feel any pain

For awhile, pedicures helped for a few months at a time. I eventually got the removal surgery done in August. Haven't looked back since then.

As a podiatrist I highly suggest you get laser nail removal surgery as soon as possible. Your toes are prone to accrue bacteria that will get in through your wounds and build up pus and infections.

Attached: amputation.png (1101x747, 1.13M)

My toe

Attached: 4CFC4CB7-976D-413E-AD72-B6DEC41BC8E4.jpg (640x852, 199K)

You need to see a podiatrist post haste.

Im not OP. I had the same problem only thing that helped was going to the doctor.

Attached: 4EBC0D7F-9C41-4251-95C2-AB3F1EBC93CE.jpg (640x852, 257K)

Puncture it...couldn't make it worse. You'll drain out the infection.

Attached: IMG_5559.jpg (648x595, 60K)

I have had an ingrown toenail for like three years, it doesn't even hurt most days.

Go to a doctor you idiot, they do an incredibly painless procedure to fix it, if you let it continue it can actually cause an infection and they have to remove your toe ive seen it before. Don't be a dumbass, just go to the doctor, it's a super simple thing.

use cuticle clippers to cut the ingrown side at as shallow an angle as possible. as it grows out it will push the skin away rather than cut into it. never suffer an ingrown toe again.

Don't puncture it, it's already open. Pull the edge back from the toe to drain and trim edge of nail very carefully with an exacto blade. Drain, sanitize with peroxide or alcohol, and bandage twice a day. That's how I treated my worst one a few years ago, and it was much worse than the pic. I had an ingrown toenail and I went camping, so three days of slogging through mud and pond water, sleeping in my shoes, and not washing. It was horribly infected and honestly I should have gone to the doc lol. Finally a pea sized blob of weird bloody crackly material came out and it healed up after that. Grossest thing.

Anyway, don't puncture it.

This happens me alot just get a small scissors and dig under the nail and pull it up and cut it, doesn't hurt much

poke it lol

>need to get that nail out of yo toe.
>try cutting perpendicular to the edge of your toenail
>maybe pull the shit that is toenail up and out after a foot soak

What fun is that?

Not op but fuck doctors. I wont let them inject mercury in me. Its enoght that i were forced take vaccines.
I fixed my teonail with razornlade and sliced some good part of nail off amd then slowly controlled how it grows. Never let nail grow inside skin.

That looks pretty infected OP. I have always cut my ingrown toenail out. It goes really far into the nail bed though, so you really. Have to get in there. If my toe was that infected I would go to a doctor to get it done. It would just hurt too much to dig it out and I'm pretty good with pain. The doctor will freeze your toe and then get it all fixed up for you without any of the pain of cutting into your infection.

Nigger you have some hairy assed toes

I use a needle fired with a lighter to poke a few time to release the smelly pus. Hit it with peroxide multiple times. Using the nail file in nail clippers push the nail out a bit and while the skin is soft try trimming the nail. I just like the pus release though.

Attached: image.jpg (670x454, 64K)

Op don't puncture it I used to suffer from it and my father started to cut it and dig into the wound to cut from it and it never helped same thing with a nurse gf I had. I just let it grow out took a while and it was a bit painful but after it grew out as long as I don't cut the nails too short I am fine

Use nail clippers to lift the nail out of the toe and trim it slightly but don't curve the nail too much. Take a cotton ball and spin a tiny piece off that is maybe a half inch long and thin enough you can tuck it under the nail.

This will keep it from jamming into the infected area and irritating it more. Wrap that shit up and change it twice a day, keep the nail trimmed. It will hurt at first but after a day or two you won't be able to survive without the cotton. If it ever flares up again do the cotton trick immediately.

You sound like a faggot and even if you dont try to cut the nail, releasing the pressure by draining the pus is normal. Soy boy.

And douse the area in peroxide or alcohol?