Name a more terrifying unstoppable force of nature monster in cinema?

Name a more terrifying unstoppable force of nature monster in cinema?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X4RuB3gT8t0
youtube.com/watch?v=NxPK3sYb90w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rosie O'Donnell.

youtube.com/watch?v=X4RuB3gT8t0

What would happen if The Thing assimilated a house fly?

Prince of Darkness and it's not even close.
PRAY FOR DEATH.

Michael Bay
Zack Snyder
M. Night Shyamalan

WOW LUCKILY NONE OF THOSE ANTARCTICA FLIES GOT NEAR IT

SHEESH!

I literally can't.

CGI and/or remakes.

The Jews

The Thing is a remake.

>unstoppable
>is stopped

Me in the sack
;^)

Thats ... rape.

user...

It isn't, though. Childs is probably an alien, not because of retarded breathe/kerosine/videogamecanon memes, but simply because it was not in his character to presumably go into storm like that, no way, totally out-of-character, everyone's focusing on wrong, meme things instead of actual character.

And who the fuck knows how many body parts and blood is in the snow around the base...

Blackwashing, Tokenism

they are literal perfection, masters of the material world, only someone who can bend the laws of physics can stop them

There is zero evidence that it could ever be stopped. Even teh smallest living cell can carry on and continue to infect, and aside from breaking down every atom of every single thing infected there is no way to stop it.

Being frozen again is merely a pause for it.

imagine being arnold in this scene

I feel like he's put up with worse.

The Earth
The Human Race
The Devil

The Devil aint that bad a dude

The Blob.

?

Where's the apparent evidence for the kerosene theory? Don't get me wrong, I love imagining that it's true, and that's why Mac chuckles to himself when Childs takes the bottle - something about the Thing not properly recognising the difference between distilled, drinkable alcohol and pure stuff - but besides him throwing molotovs when they're burning down the camp, I don't remember any particular spots where it was taken into focus.

I mean...even some mildly hot fire stops it. Seems pretty easy. Fire literally kills it and cold weather freezes it. It's relatively weak.

>freeze it
>turn it into a nuke

Think he had some molotovs down there with him, right next to the trigger that the thing ended up taking.
There's also the POETRY of the chess game at the start where he loses but pours his drink in it to kill it.
It's worth noting that Childs isn't wearing the same navy blue coat he was earlier.

whats stopping the thing from assimilating microbes and bacteria all around us and in the air?

It gets rekt by a bit of fire.
A single jet could napalm 60 square feet and wipe it off the face of the earth.

>There's also the POETRY of the chess game at the start where he loses but pours his drink in it to kill it.
That's actually a pretty interesting point. Probably taking the meaning too far on that one, but it makes for a nice bookend, at least.

Both

He cant see them

Pretty bad idea tbqh
Alien could easily spread and then stay hidden as a survivor and infect the globe

Just ONE cell/particle of the stuff could survive and fuck everything over. For all we know it's potentially airborne

user with good taste detected.

How about -40 degree temps?

You've never heard of Jews before?

You're literally making shit up.

Well aren't you? You're making a lot of assumptions that somehow napalm will kill off 100% of whatever this alien thing is

But what about when they're inside you fucking faggot?

Well considering it doesn't in the movie, then it's not possible. The movie sets the rules and the Thing is shown to never do that or hinted at being able to.

It is however shown to be extremely vulnerable to slight temperature changes, and inapt at Subterfuge, though if it were good there'd be no movie.

I'd say there's a strong parallel between the movie and then the SJW/regressive left shift. Spoopy

I have, I commented But the Devil is just a guy who didn't like the way God ran things. He was never some sociopath child molester. Plenty of humans that are worse than the Devil.

>inept at Subterfuge, though if it were good there'd be no movie.
If it was then it'd just be Invasion of the Body Snatchers essentially

>fire can kill it
wow so scary

>a tube of green shit that can easily be buried or destroyed

nah

also prince of darkness was a pile of shit compared to any prime carpenter movie

>It is however shown to be extremely vulnerable to slight temperature changes
When? The scientist guy wasn't even wearing a coat while in the generator room.

So a better movie?

The thing was fucked by a little bit of fire already.
You do know what napalm is right?

this to be honest

Yeah but we're talking about coverage. Here and napalm is limited by its viscosity.

Pretty much

The Thing is quite literally unstoppable.

If we take only the facts presented from the original Carpenter film, The Thing only needs a single cell to survive.

If you want to destroy The Thing complete, you need to destroy EVER SINGLE CELL that was on that ship.

If a single cell survives it will eventually assimilate enough bacteria to grow into a mold, then into an animal. Also be aware that if The Thing touches the ocean it's all fucking over.

In fact, if it so much as touches a winged insect it's all fucking over.

The only thing that can effectively kill The Thing would be GORT from the remake. His nano machine genocide mist can target only The Thing's cells and purify the planet.

This is why I love that Antarctica is a setting.

However while the Thing is basically supernatural there's not not necessarily cause to think individual cells are a threat, otherwise it could've easily infected the whole base by just touching all the surfaces

i ain't going with windows

i ain't going with him

Amy Schumer.

They're not really that unstoppable. For a single man, sure, but they aren't that subtle in terms of how they replace people and start acting differently.

The Creeping Terror

That shit fucking taste

Yes that's true, but it's also possible that The Thing loses intelligence as it's cell clusters decline. It could be theorized that a single cell of The Thing would be rather dumb, but as it grows larger with assimilated cells it's will begin to grow smarter as well. Again, this is just a theory, but regardless we already saw proof that even a little bit of Thing blood can essentially become a quarantine threat.

Honestly if The Thing was a real alien and it was uncovered I'd immediately commit suicide the moment I heard the news.

The problem is that by the time a community realizes it they've been replaced.

whyboner

This is a good contender, however, the Blob was stopped by humans making it rather weak. Remember that The Thing is fucking smart, being able to fabricate a spaceship out of snow vehicles

>Remember that The Thing is fucking smart, being able to fabricate a spaceship out of snow vehicles
Wot? I don't remember this

It was near the end, it was building a spaceship under the compound.

Pic related.

The Thing would probably take over the planet in days and societal breakdown would be fast. Even if you committed suicide day 1 your corpse probably wouldn't be processed in time by the morgue. The Thing would assimilate your dead body

Oh fuck, I had thought that that was what it crashed in. I Guess that makes more sense though give how crude it looks.

Also in the prequel The Thing was able to start the engines of the main Starship, showing that it wasn't a stupid alien but rather intelligent .

>not shooting your self after you set yourself and your house on fire

Nah, the spaceship it crashed in is seen earlier and is huge.

I'm of the opinion that this ship was not meant for spaceflight and was simply meant to get it off the continent.

I don't care, my soul would have left my body, and if souls aren't real and I can be revived from my dead cells, then I'd set my house on fire before I kill myself.

Regardless, that's still huge feat in itself.

Being able to produce a flying vehicle from the scraps of primitive alien machines is a testament to the Super intelligence this thing harbours.

this isnt a space ship, just a saucer shaped enclosure where the Thing likes to sleep in

t. Thing

I have no idea.

Can the thing replicate Godzilla?

I'm going to have to agree with this user, also 2008 version GORT with his nanobot storm that can target specific molecules would be just about the only thing that could effectively kill a Thing infestation.

The other option would be to either use the blackhole bombs from the Startrek film

Is Godzilla made of cells?

I'm not sure i think Godzilla is a reptile/dinosaur hybrid.

So was the Thing a traveling alien?

Or perhaps a stowaway?

Maybe a weapon?

Or perhaps a prisoner?

I've ways wondered where the Thing came from and why it landed on earth?

Either a traveling alien that spreads to other planets to try to consume everything, or a stowaway. According to cut prequel elements it seems to be a stowaway. They intended for pilot aliens to be present in the ship, but cut them.

They need to do a prequel. I've always thought the Thing was a stowaway that caused the ship to crash after hunting the crew

>They need to do a prequel.
They did do a prequel, except everything assumes it's a remake since it's just called The Thing
and studio interference ruined it.

There is a prequel This guy is sort of right.
>The Pilot Alien is a member of an Alien pilot race who collected specimens from different planets, a sort of planet zoological expedition, and storing them in containment pods. One of those creatures just happened to be The Thing in disguise, broke free and killed all the Alien species in the ship, probably assimilated one of them. The alien pilots have a biomechanoid appearance, standing at around 12 to 16 feet tall. The head of the creature has three vertically placed eyes with a biomechanoid breathing apparatus running back into the creature's chest. The pilot also has two massive elongated arms which bends backwards towards the creature's back. The pilot seems to control the spacecraft via tubes that are connect to 'bio-ports' on its back which transmits signals to operate the ship.

When people say it's a remake they mean that it copies Carpenter's movie beat for beat and seems afraid to do its own thing. It went well past the point of homage, it was The Force Awakens tier.

They were too obsessed with Alien.

Same here, it was probably some kind of glider, something like that. Hell, it could've been non-operational, just a desperate attempt to make something with what it had.

In the short story it's a anti-grav belt made out of tin cans (that actually works!), but I prefer Carpenter's take to the original.

The thing seems to be sentient. It's not a mindless monster. But it bewilders me that if it did indeed choose to invade our planet. Why did it crash land in such a hostile environment. And how would multiple thing's work on their home planet? would they just assimilate each other.

It's such a bizarre creature.

Fuck you. You're the problem with Hollywood and modern movies. The Thing is great because it's mysterious. We don't need an executive shithead drum up some retarded "backstory explanation" for everything. Leave it alone. It's not scary if you know.

Realistically, if an infected snowdog reached the artic shore. From that moment how long until the entire human race is wiped out.

I mean if it started assimilating krill and plankton, most of the ocean life would be gone in a matter of days.

>and seems afraid to do its own thing.
Because it's a prequel.... If it's too different, it won't feel like it's connected to Carpenters.
youtube.com/watch?v=NxPK3sYb90w

This only supports the idea that the ship crashlanded.

Perhaps if lucky the dog would have been buried in snow and frozen.

What was even the story to The Thing game? I never played it. Carpenter said it's canon as a sequel to his film.

>When people say it's a remake they mean that it copies Carpenter's movie beat for beat and seems afraid to do its own thing
They were restricted because it was a prequel it has to tie into JC the thing.
You can't just change the whole story it wouldn't make any sense.

>tips

I said that it copies the movie beat for beat. Even down to stuff like devising a test to determine who is the Thing, and then immediately after this a Thing attack occurs in the rec room, which then eliminates any question as to who is human and who is an alien, prompting a final act where the survivors go for a final battle with the Thing that can only end with them freezing to death.

There's more stuff like this, I've just forgotten it. It copies the structure of the movie almost completely.

You and your special forces team are sent to investigate. Most your team dies. It turns out the Thing can't infect you cause you special. You learn the government was developing the Thing into a weapon and another scientist guy turns himself into the Thing to stop you at the end.

The story is eh, but everything else is fantastic.