Wtf it was actually good

wtf it was actually good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XHSRv4Hsxn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eh

Not really, should have had a lower rating.

a rating on what, idiot?
don't assume everyone can read your mind

I lost track of all the time travel shit during the ending

I always lose track of time travel related plots fuck me

First of all, what do you define as "good?" Honestly, I'm not surprised that I enjoyed the film, other than the rushed ending due to deviating from the book's third act. I'm pretty sure this is just because even in Burton films I didn't like (cough, cough, Dark Shadows), they still set up an imaginative atmosphere. With Rigg's mysterious plot as a stepping stone, I figured the creators' styles would mesh, and I think it payed off. As for financial success, I think it's release would've been better around Halloween considering the genre and director, but September was probably chosen for no competition. As for other issues, the protagonist, Jacob, felt bland, as did the "love story." If I were to rate it, it'd be 7/10.

>First of all, what do you define as "good?

you can't define good, you can only feel it

I was disappointed in his super power. His grandfather kept calling him "Little Tiger" so I thought for sure I was in for some cool shapeshifting power.

But it turns out he could only see the hollowgasts. Not that he could fight them or had some special ability against them. Just see them. And even that power was ultimately shit since the big final fight had the kids cover the Hollowgasts in garbage and make them visible anyhow.

What a goddamn letdown. Still that one kid creating an army of the dead was pretty great.

Give your address

IMO, it was a sold "meh".

Decent enough fluff for a kid's movie, but nothing substantial to get excited about. Even though lots of stuff happened it just felt empty to me.

The only genuinely good thing I can say about it is that it wasn't nearly as godawful as most of the other garbage Burton has been putting out for the last decade. Still pales in comparison to his early movies.

Remove Samuel L Jackson, some of the cringier child actors and the stop motion and you might be right.
In reality, it was mediocre at best.

>Remove Samuel L Jackson,
this insane motherfucker?
>some of the cringier child actors
who? they were all great. literally every kid acted more convincing than Asa did
>remove the stop motion
okay, kys my man

>liking samuel 'overacting' jackson
>thinking any of the children outside the main 2 can act
>thinking ray harryhausens time isnt over

Yeah, I think all of those things

so fuck you, buddy

But it's current year.

fuck time

It's whatever time I feel it is

why doesn't eva green have kids? she's like 36 ffs.

Not enough Eva in it.

What is going on in that gif?

Interesting premise wasted on some retarded Harry Potter shit. Could've made a cool time fuckery movie a la Inception insttead
Too little Eva and she's too dressed

I didn't understand why dementors presented any danger whatsoever

true love

i wish eva green would do this to me

>someone's mommy never loved him

it was only ok cuz it was written by the same person who wrote stardust. Burton is still a hac

>the part at the end where they finally fucked

Not everyone feels compelled to spawn more humans.

Maybe she's a closet pedo or serial killer and doesn't want to make more of herself.

MOMMY

This thread is now about zen rabbits
youtube.com/watch?v=XHSRv4Hsxn0

The scene where she first resets the loop and they put on the gasmasks is the most Burton scene that Burton has done in twenty years. Really felt good.