Movies where the only people that hate it haven't seen it

Movies where the only people that hate it haven't seen it.

I hate that there's no camrip

BvS Ultimate Cut

Also hated by the Marvel shilling army.

>Also hated by the Marvel shilling army.

Turn off your brandwars faggotry, you whiny cunt, no one fucking asked you that.

Movies atheists will never understand

I just watched Hacksaw Ridge tonight.
It's the most kino Kino you will kino this year.

>completely unsarcastic heartfelt goodguy
>firm belief in doing what's right because it's what's right and not anything else
>even the cliched "bully becomes best friend" feels genuine
>that hyper-visceral combat scene after nearly an hour of very mild
>that sound design
>those tumbling peckinpah-bodies
>even helps injured japs because good person
>they allude that neither side is perfectly good or evil/right/wrong
>"They didn't make it."
>no forced quips to destroy any sense of tension
>Hugo's character of a broken-by-war veteran who's lost every one of his friends fighting for a war he didn't understand and still supports his son
>"Please god, let me save one more."

HANEKE?!
FUCK THAT SHIT!
PABST!
BLUE!
RIBBON!

Is it true this film is getting BTFO on box-office by Marlel's capeshit for manchildren?

but the trailer makes it look like shit

Absolutely the best movie of this year and totally redeemed my faith in moviemaking

"Please God let me save one more"

I bet the movie gets snubbed because Mel Gibson but its absolutely fucking amazing

it was good but not mels best.

1.braveheart
2.apocalypto
3 hacksaw ridge
9001. passion of the christ

>1.braveheart
>9001. passion of the christ
>no the patriot
P L E B

Mel Gibson is honest. That's what he does. He's an honest filmmaker.

>the patriot
>directed by mel gibson

1/10 I replied

>HACKSAW BASED ON THE INCREDIBLE TRUE STORY RIDGE

wtf kind of a name for a movie is that

Hmmm... that REALLY made me think

I hate this movie.
And I havent seen it.

But seriously how many movies about the same idea of War being Hell and Heroes rising above it can they make?
Im not saying itll be bad, but im just wondering what ill get out of it

Nah that movie sucked. Except the the devil

What does it mean if I hated every Marvel movie except Dr. Strange and Hulk, but also hated BvS Ultimate Cut?

HAHAHAHAH
Well Played
Seriously, that movie wasnt worth hatred. It was just slightly below average

I agree. It really wasn't that bad.

Now that Arrival has premiered It's safe to say that Hacksaw Ridge is MOTY.

>they allude that neither side is perfectly good or evil/right/wrong
It was so fucking kitsch.

They had Jap guy cowering in the corner because "durr Japs cower too", and super slow mo seppuku Jap because "hurr Japs be honoraburr too".

To balance out the circlejerk in this thread, I'll list out some flaws

>generic stock soundtrack with the blatant use of temp tracks
>the relatively small budget becomes obvious in any bigger scale scene with The Hobbit like extra duplicates and the fact that 90% of the movie is medium and close-up shots
>somewhat comedic tonal shifts in certain scenes like that first bringing down of the wounded soldier without them noticing and the Vince Vaughn sled like ride and shoot, all the while "serious" soundtrack plays in the background
>those playstation 2 like CGI battle ships firing
>every wounded soldier is magically healed with only a belt and a bit of morphine

Still enjoyed the movie, a bigger budget would fix most of my points.

What do you think a battlefield medic does lmao. Its the bare minimal, people not dying. You think he's gonna suture a dirty wound with the bullet still inside?

just watch it dude

Yeah the generic musical score was pretty shit, but I was very impressed woth how far he managed to stretch a 40 million dollar budget. If Mel had got a slightly bigger budget for this movie I could easily see it becoming the best war movie of all time.
Also what is it with all these hack reviews of the movie? Most of the bad reviews justify it by saying that the religious themes are heavy handed and that the 1940s are heavily idealised in the first half. Do they not realize that the rosy vision of 1940s America is done on purpose to lower your guard down so you can be shocked when you first see the top of the ridge? The religious themes are also pretty tastefully done for a movie about a Seventh Day Adventist. I never felt like they were shoving Christianity down my throat, just showing a man who refused to give up his convictions.

>H-how dare they not make the japs comic book villains? This isn't like muh marvel movies at all!

>but I was very impressed woth how far he managed to stretch a 40 million dollar budget
Apparently it was actually in the 20-million region but through currency exchange, Gibson managed to inflate it to 40. I definitely remember somewhere saying he started with 28 million which is fucking chump change for a film.

>Most of the bad reviews justify it by saying that the religious themes are heavy handed
Liberal critics that don't leave their bias at the door. Tragic. They cry whenever a religious character is on-screen but they don't mind when gays and niggers are being shoved in everywhere. Oh no, then it's just progressive and it gets plus points for that. Fuck critics.

Thought it was gonna be kino but it was just a movie, nothing more. The trial part was moving but the actual battles were practically comical violence.

Why so you view everything though a capeshit lens?

Gay atheist here, thought the movie was fantastic. The religious stuff is heavy handed, but it makes perfect sense when taking into consideration the character being portrayed. And even then, it's still way toned down from Passion of the Christ. I was actually worried it'd be at that level or worse, because older directors have a hard time getting better, but Mel was phenomenal. Everything was managed and blended together much better than his previous work. I think that impressed me more than anything else.

I'm all for Christian movies when they're not trying to shove conversion down your throat and are directed competently, but they're so few and far between, with garbage like the Left Behind series filling the gaps. Christianity has incredibly beautiful themes and stories, just like all religions, and it's good to see it getting some attention from people with talent.

LOL

It flopped because it's maudlin shit. It's a kid's movie with blood and gore.

faggot

Non religious man here (not exactly atheist, more agnostic but not quite that either). Anyway, I loved the movie, but my judgement could be biased as I'm a veteran.

Really though, I just have to respect that man's conviction, regardless if it's religious in nature. Also, what's with everyone hating on the soundtrack? I loved it, I even listened to it later when I hopped on youtube.

You get a pacifist message undercut by the director's obsession with Mortal Kombat deaths.

War is gritty. Shame Hollywood movies have distanced you so much from the consequences of warfare that you think what Hacksaw Ridge portrayed was inaccurate.

It's a poor man's version of an Eastwood movie.

Didn't know they use magic explosive bullets in war.

Not that guy but what the fuck are you talking about?
You are aware that large caliber rounds can tear through flesh pretty gruesomely right? And that most WWII units lacked any significant personal body protection outside of their Kevlar helmets?

Yeah I forgot the part where Japs were carrying around standard issue large caliber guns

Stationary machine guns pack quite a punch. As do sniper rifles. They were many foxholes like that

>that first guy who gets shot through the other guys face

I completely forgot I was watching a Mel Gibson movie until that part happened

t. kike

I'm an athiest and I loved it. Already saw it twice.

What do you guys think about his planned passion of the christ seque l? He said in an interview that he might show jesus going to hell and raising the damned to heaven before returning to earth. I think he could pull it off.

Really? I'm an atheist and I really want to see it. I really like the idea of a war movie about a person who refuses to kill his fellow man.

If Sup Forums says it's good, it's undeniably shit.

So do critics and audiences you fucking plebbitor