Just watched the first episode of Black Mirror and thought it fucking sucked and I'm a little upset I wasted an entire...

Just watched the first episode of Black Mirror and thought it fucking sucked and I'm a little upset I wasted an entire hour on it.

What's so great about this show? What edgy and deep philosophical meaning or shocking twist was there in the episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

ordinary-gentlemen.com/2015/01/18/black-mirror-s101-the-national-anthem/
youtube.com/watch?v=8S0FDjFBj8o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's it's based on a true story.

I always tell people to skip the first episode and watch it later. Its one of my least favorite. I'd suggest watching the second episode and then deciding if you want to keep watching or not.

90% of black mirror eps can be surmised with DUDE MEDIA LMAO.

I've never seen a viewers guide, but this series needs one.

Yeah, I'll do that. I'll try to keep an open mind but I felt like this
The super serious acting came across as pretentious and up it's own ass. I'll give the second episode a shot with an open mind regardless. But fuck was that a colossal waste of time. I can't believe anyone is comparing it to the Twilight Zone. What a spit in the face...

The series is fucking garbage, dont bother
You can summarize every ep with "half on the nose cultural 'commentary' and half shitty romance subplot"

Some episodes are meh, some are pretty decent. The xmas special with Rafe Spall was prob my favourite.

same here. I actually started on the second episode thinking it was the first, thought it was pretty good, like a Philip K Dick novel. then I watched the first and third and thought they blew anus.

does it get better?

>not like episode 3

There are some episodes that are VERY Twilight Zone, but others not so much. The first episode being part of the latter.

The first episode is clearly paced to get people's attention from the start. The other ones have a slower pace.

Most episodes are OK, some are to on the nose. I would still recommend it, they show some interesting tech concepts.

>But the real genius of “National Anthem” is its portrayal of the character who comes off looking the most ugly: Us. Interspersed between the scenes of the government and the media’s vapid craving of attention are glimpses of the general populace, and it is these scenes that hold that black mirror directly up to each of us.

Oh give me a fucking break. The "populace" was the worst part. I don't know if people are generally this retarded and 'omg he's gun dun fuck da pig hehe!" but the show obnoxiously shouting "THIS IS YOU!" is so fucking stupid and smug. It's almost as cringy as V for Vendetta. Is this honestly what people think is "genius"? Fucking Christ. I should write a book about how stupid people are to think a show that says people are stupid, is fucking stupid. It'll be so meta and up it's own asshole that I'll surely win awards.

ordinary-gentlemen.com/2015/01/18/black-mirror-s101-the-national-anthem/

episode 3 had an interesting concept but ultimately it was shit drama

i just watched the second episode and I'm even more pissed off. It was a thousand times more blunt.

>What if like, like what if the media was omg this so crazy! but what if the media was bad, and we're like, kinda you know, like bad for watching the media. omg dude!"

I am physically incapable of rolling my eyes any further into the back of my head.

Each show is it's own thing. Some are shit, some are good. To be honest, I think there are only about 3 really good episodes in all 3 seasons.

... You seem pretty retarded.

The BLACK MIRROR mannnn! It's like, when our monitors are turned off, they're like BLACK MIRRORS MAAAAN SOOOOO DEEEEEEEEEP AND EEEDDDDGGGGGGGGGGYYYYYYYYYYYYY

now you seem really retarded.

Watch the Twilight zone instead next time

Not as retarded as people who enjoy the Black Mirror

Relevant: youtube.com/watch?v=8S0FDjFBj8o

The first episode is easily the worst of the original two seasons.

Already have and loved it. How's the outer limits hold up? Should I just watch the 1995 version or is the 60s one good too or vice versa? I need to watch Star Trek too.

I watched the first and second episodes. The first was better imo, but both sucked shit.

Not him, but I've only watched the original twilight zone and it's a masterpiece, even bad episodes are entertainining.
Season 1 and 2 of black mirror are terrible but entertaining, especially since there's a severe lack of anthology sci-fi shows.
Season 3 is insultingly bad. Every episode of it that I've seen belongs in a you rage you lose thread. Retarded premise and writing every time. Acting and sets at least are passable.

I dropped it after episode 2. Do they get better or is it all HUR DURR SOCIETY AMIRIET?!

Watch s2 ep 2 and dare tell me it's shite

Fpbp

>That episode where you're supposed to feel sorry for a woman who helped torture a little girl to death

Fuck off, England

Its a show about social commentary, if you don't like it then don't watch it

You aren't you idiot, thats the fucking point. It builds you up to feel sorry for them and then makes you realise why whats happening to her is happening, its supposed to be conflicting.

Talk about looking at it at the basest level

>DUDE STOLEN IDEAS FROM BOOKS LMAO!
>DUDE KEKOLDING LMAO!
>DUDE GRATUITOUS INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS LMAO!

What a fucking shitshow, forget about the horrors of future technologies, THIS is the future horror we should be afraid of

And don't even get my fucking STARTED on the visual abortion of an episode that was san dykepero

Elaborate bait-thread OP, you rused some people good.

Just watched them all last night, I thought the social commentary was actually pretty fucking great in some of the episodes.

Kek, the first episode of season 3 was great at the end when they were just hurling verbal shit at eachother, reminded me of user a shitload.

The best episode imo was S01E03, the fucking wit of Toby Kebbell made the awkwardness of each scene just completely disapear and just brought out this complete grim hilarity, haven't laughed that much in so long, his fucking wise cracks when being faced with his bitch wife made all the shit he dug up on her way more satisfying

>shit drama
>a primarily dark comedic episode

has it really got cucks in it?

Literally every episode has some form of cucking in it, not even joking

Every episode is just 45 minutes of cuckholding while they text each other.

I won't bother watching it then

thanks

San Dykepero was the only episode I skipped kek

>see woman walking into a 80's nightclub
>na