Duolingo finally introduced Japanese course, is it worth giving it a try?

Duolingo finally introduced Japanese course, is it worth giving it a try?

>falling for the duolingo meme

I thought duolingo sucked? also why would you want to learn Japanese? its only good for translating masturbatory material

indoeuropean brainlet the post

finno ugric eyelet pls

It's a decent learning tool actually

Daily reminder that only redditors dislike duolingo

I actually tried it once but it wanted me to use a mic but I don't have one so I couldn't proceed. so I just quit
inb4 fat lazy ameriturd

>only redditors dislike duolingo
>the most suggested app on reddit

How do you have a phone without a mic

hello r*ddit

I did it at my pc, which has no mic. I guess I could do it on my phone, I never thought of that lol. thanks

t. duolingo investor

Also you can skip those that requiire a mic

re*ddit

did not know. thanks slovakia (^:

Duolinguo is good for learning basic, everyday vocabulary alone, without thinking how it's tied to grammar.

If you really have an interest in learning Japanese, check out the op in the daily Japanese general thread on this board.

Duolingo is for fucking around with when you have no real intention of committing the language to memory.

>1 weeks worth of progress

Gonna be fluent by august lads

sup r*ddit

m8 you should be getting through a full topic a day

I thought the acting like a moron meme was more of an American thing. You a proxyfag?

I've found duolingo, when used alongside memrise, very useful for French. That said, I put a lot of time into it and its very easy to only do 10 or 20 points a day which won't help you much. You get out what you put in.

>Hungarian
Why

It's something different and challenging, but without having to learn a new script like cyrillic or asian moon runes

>I've found duolingo, when used alongside memrise, very useful for French. That said, I put a lot of time into it
So you're fond of highly inefficient systems with built in arbitrary limiters in order to make them seem more comprehensive than they are. All that time you put into those could have easily been done via a vocab deck or something for French, in Anki, alongside reading. Spending the same amount of time that would would provide much better results.

Why do you people spend so much time fucking around with gimmicks when it comes to languages? The time tested approach which works for everyone the best is a matter of mass consumption of comprehensive content. Not little little games or quizzes.

Duolingo is great. Just use a book on grammar and other sources as well. If you only depend on Duolingo you're not getting very far.

Also you can adjust the settings and remove the mic and sound stuff. I only leave the sounds so I can hear the pronunciation but don't speak into the microphone.

Tried it. My main mistake is forgetting to write/put "a."
And somehow reading with kana alone is confusing since I already get used reading with kanji. It seems I can't use duolingo to learn and keep using anki instead.

Duolingo should not be used alone.

You seem a bit upset 2bh. I'm just reporting that I've had a lot of success.

Since we're talking about languages here, what do you guys recommend to improve my pronunciation, my accent is too heavy and people don't understand me.

What is the best book for english grammar, want to improve that too for TOFL

Find a way to talk to native speakers and watch English media

>mobile
no